N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I recently met my sister. I thought she would go through a lot. But at least emotionally she feels better than me. But I think she has cognitive problems. Since her psychosis I think her thinking kind of changed. Maybe due to the illness or due to the medication I am not sure. I have the feeling her thinking is quite slow. But her mood for that is often better than mine. Even though she goes through a hard time. In contrast to me my thinking is pretty fast which can be pretty counterproductive and agonizing. Sometimes my head is full of negative thoughts which race through my mind. It can be quite overwhelming. My mood is often the bigger problem.

She reminds me of my dad. I think he cannot think straight. Even way worse than my sister. They also have kind of naive thinking pattern in my view. Everything will be fine because there will be an happy end for sure. I am not sure how hopeless the situation of my sister is. I had the feeling she is not really self-aware about her mental distortions it is hard to assess her situation. But at least my parents are pretty delusional or ignorant. We will probably be in a financial disaster in some years. And they keep ignorant towards it. I worry every single they. And they just comfort themselves by saying to them everything will be fine for sure. This is similar to the thinking of my sister. This can be kind of a blessing. And I kind of envy that. But I think I would not sacrifice thinking straight for it.

There are barlely any solutions for the problems of this family. Everything keeps getting worse and more dramatic. More and more problems emerge, old ones don't get solved. My situation is pretty hopeless. I am not sure how good my sister can assess her situation. I am kind of glad I don't have so much cognitive problems as her but my mood disorder is torturing me for that.

I think both can be pretty unpleasant. I don't pretend I had no cognitive issues but compared to my family members I have way less.

• Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83