N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think I will get the joke answer "every of my opinions" quite often.
On the other hand people might say there is no objective truth so neither of their opinions.

Personally I think there exist objective truths. But now when I think of it I am not sure which one is objective true.

Maybe the fact that I have experienced pain in the past. For example when I had psychosomatic pain. Of course only if we agree on the definition of pain as in the English language. Nothing is more real than pain.

However this might be a too philsophical approach. If we talk about it in a more general case we could talk about stances which just have the best arguments.

It is extremely unlikely someone believes in the "right" religion. There are roundabout 10.000 religions in the world. Though some might say they don't claim they are the objectively true. They say their beliefs are right but don't claim the others are wrong. My stance would be there is no objective proof (for now) that a person has the objectively true religion. I never read a convincing argument for that.

I think the right for assisted suicide should be a human right. The answers of the opponents don't convince me. The German highest court made a very very good reasoning in favor of assisted suicide. (I made a thread about it in the past. I don't repeat everything now.) I think the arguments in favor of it are way better. But not really in the philosophical sense an objective truth. With different philosophies people might have different approaches to that topic. But according to my philosophy (in which objective truths exist) it is an objective truth. Though most people won't agree with my personal philosophy.

Which opinions of you do you consider as objectively true?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, whywere, Blondi and 1 other person
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Animal agriculture is one of the worst atrocities in human history, but we will sooner go extinct than abolish it entirely. Humans are too fucking selfish, our capacity for cognitive dissonance is immeasurable. Still vegan because it's the bare fucking minimum everyone can manage.

• Love
Reactions: Sherri and Blondi
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
At the ripe old age of almost 66, I let everything roll off my back. I bother no one and try to help everyone and anything and everything said about me or anything that I think is valid, usually is up for question, like it should be.

Walter

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Animal agriculture is one of the worst atrocities in human history, but we will sooner go extinct than abolish it entirely. Humans are too fucking selfish, our capacity for cognitive dissonance is immeasurable. Still vegan because it's the bare fucking minimum everyone can manage.
I know, the way they slaughter those animals, it's so sad, I saw a documentary where some sheep arrived in Pakistan from australia most Of them were killed right there in the port I don't even wanna tell you how. Australia found out by seeing those atrocities and didn't send them anymore. If only some would follow. They say if you ever enter a meta slaughter farm, you will never eat meet again. Loved your answer. Sorry for my long one.

Reactions: Oblivion Access
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
We should all be able to peacefully end our suffering at a time of our own choosing, it should be a human right. I wish we lived in a society where our right to die is respected. It is cruel how the society tries to force us to live against our wishes and people have to resort to risky methods that could fail. We have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to exist.

Also, that life is completely meaningless. All we are doing is waiting around to die. There is no point to living. Wanting suicide can be perfectly rational in a life like this. Life is just pain and suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blondi and LastFlowers
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
We should all be able to peacefully end our suffering at a time of our own choosing, it should be a human right. I wish we lived in a society where our right to die is respected. It is cruel how the society tries to force us to live against our wishes and people have to resort to risky methods that could fail. We have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to exist.

Also, that life is completely meaningless. All we are doing is waiting around to die. There is no point to living. Wanting suicide can be perfectly rational in a life like this. Life is just pain and suffering.
Life has a meaning if you choose, we aren't here all just waiting to die in my humble opinion. There's a light in the end of the tunnel to some who chose to follow it. Yes we are all gonna suffer, but by choosing to live and give it a go, some of us actually improve. You see s lot of inspirational stories on the recover thread. In my case I will not go down without giving my depression a hell of a fight first. But tottaly understand your point of view. Life is what we make and the choices we choose. Two years ago I was feeling like you. With a lot of help from a good doc and somethings good that happened in my life it's improving. I know I will never be totally fine. I will just have to learn to live day by day. Wish you the very best. I also have my sn kit complete just in case. It's good to have a way out, makes me feel empowered. And I respect your opinion obviously with all my heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile
Auto Immunity After

Auto Immunity After

LOOKING FOR THE CURE FOR AUTO IMMUNE
Jul 20, 2021
At the ripe old age of almost 66, I let everything roll off my back. I bother no one and try to help everyone and anything and everything said about me or anything that I think is valid, usually is up for question, like it should be.

Walter
Walter, there is a name for people like you.......Angels on earth !!

• Love
Reactions: whywere
WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
Life is just pain and suffering.
Come on, there is more to life, maybe not much more. Sure there's a lot of pain and suffering. But there are a few rare moments where someone sees or hears something that makes them laugh or smile.

Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
I know, the way they slaughter those animals, it's so sad, I saw a documentary where some sheep arrived in Pakistan from australia most Of them were killed right there in the port I don't even wanna tell you how. Australia found out by seeing those atrocities and didn't send them anymore. If only some would follow. They say if you ever enter a meta slaughter farm, you will never eat meet again. Loved your answer. Sorry for my long one.
Worth noting the egg/dairy industry are in reality no better than the meat industry, in fact, they are entirely inseparable. This is why I dislike vegetarianism, it lets people feel like they did something, so it's not so bad to pay for cow rape (who end up at the slaughterehouse when their milking days are over) or other horrific practices like grinding 1 day old male chicks into blood and bones and sinew for the crime of being born the wrong sex. No worries, cheers for replying 😎

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Worth noting the egg/dairy industry are in reality no better than the meat industry, in fact, they are entirely inseparable. This is why I dislike vegetarianism, it lets people feel like they did something, so it's not so bad to pay for cow rape (who end up at the slaughterehouse when their milking days are over) or other horrific practices like grinding 1 day old male chicks into blood and bones and sinew for the crime of being born the wrong sex. No worries, cheers for replying 😎
And then are the labels, biological, which is the same as the other things, no green pastures and no free chickens running free in the fields, same with vegetables it's proven that biological and day to day food is exactly the same, just a way to make more money.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Walter is amazing so sweet.
@Sherri, you are also so sweet, kind and thoughtful towards me and everyone here.

You brighten my days and I bet you do the same for others also with your kind and heart felt posts.

I also was so happy to find someone else who listens to and likes Enigma. You have awesome music tastes!!!

Have a great rest of this week, my good friend.

Walter

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
All bad opinions of me are objectively true even when completely made up because of my limitless potential for evil and malice. If someone accused me of something I didn't commit I wouldn't have the heart to fully deny it because deep down I know I COULD do whatever it was if pushed just a little.

All good opinions of me are likely mistaken at best, hopelessly naive I'd say. At worst, they're outright malicious lies meant to lure unsuspecting innocent victims my way even though I'm deliberately trying to keep them away.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere