puppet_nihilist

puppet_nihilist

cogito, ergo sum
Jan 8, 2021
Do you screw up because you're depressed or do you get depressed during the process of screwing up? Or, do you screw up because you're depressed while the process of screwing up induces its own depression effectively adding to yours?

Anyhow, who cares, the suffering is still a constant regardless of the cause. But not being able to help your own situation just feels terrible. I hope I am only exaggerating my problems in my head, maybe the future is not so bad, or maybe I am just getting lured into more kinds of viscous suffering and a state of more horrible entrapment...

I really fucking hope that I am wrong, I need to be wrong.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious, A_miStake_of_NATURE, hʚll and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is hard to say which one it is, but in my case it is all of them in a way. Existing really is painful and I'm sorry you are suffering. I understand that it is hard to be trapped in a hopeless situation. I also dread the future, I just have a feeling that things will get worse and I do not want to be here to see it happen. I wish you well.

• Hugs
Reactions: hʚll, Alwaysbadtime and puppet_nihilist
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I think for most people, it eventually ends up becoming a cycle where they are depressed, so they screw up, which makes them more depressed.

It's the first round of depression/screwing up that varies between individuals. I wasn't always depressed, my anxiety just started getting unbearable and it made me depressed. Then I started screwing up because I was so sad.

Other people might have a traumatic event that makes them depressed, or maybe they screwed up really bad so the consequences of their action is making them depressed. Sometimes our brains just decide to develop depression one day out of the blue, and the cycle continues.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
OOOoooh!!
That is the proverbial vicious circle

Reactions: puppet_nihilist and A_miStake_of_NATURE