TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I just stumbled upon a video (linked below) of the 10 Worst Punishments in Human History:

From watching the video, it has given me some thoughts about some of the ways that those people were being executed. I believe most of those are some of the most barbaric and gruesome ways to die in the earlier parts of human civilization and history. I would not entertain most of them, especially being bled out or being tortured before dying as they are very painful and unpleasant ways to die. However, there may be two forms of punishment but if modified properly, could be a somewhat peaceful way to die. Namely number #3 (the gibbet) and number #1 (the oubliette).

Analysis on the gibbet and the oubliette (with modifications):
I do believe that with some modern day modifications to some of the archaic forms of execution (or punishment) in the medieval and ancient times of human history, some of them could actually be a slightly more peaceful way to pass. Both the gibbet and oubliette's cause of death comes in the form of letting nature take it's course whether it is through the elements, environment, and/or just the person's physical body passing. The oubliette is essentially a medieval method of vsed minus the v for 'voluntary' part as it is used for the condemned and the guilty party. However, I believe assuming that if one was given enough sustenance or even medication to ease the symptoms of dehydration and starvation, enough space to move about, perhaps that wouldn't as unpleasant as the ancient times?

Similarly with the gibbet, maybe having a tarp or some covering, or even in a secluded place, such as a forest or wilderness, perhaps people would just succumb to the elements? One could also have a cage that is safe from predators, large enough to move a bit but not too large, and just also with some medicine to ease the symptoms of the elements perhaps? I could see this also be a way to die from hypothermia dependent on the location and climate too..

In conclusion, I believe these are just other ways of people dying and provided that one is alleviated of the most painful aspects of those methods, perhaps those become possible options to die passively. Maybe I'm missing some other factors and if so, feel free to give feedback on my thoughts. Anyways, what do you think about these ways of people dying, do you think those could be nearly painless and somewhat comfortable ways to die? Why or why not?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I watched the entire video now. I'd choose none of the methods at all. Too slow and too cruel. The mentioned execution methods for condemned aren't dignified methods for own CTB imo.

Reactions: TAW122