Which Method Scares You The Most?

• Total voters
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There's been some discussion lately about why certain methods aren't as popular. So I thought I'd make a poll about which method scares you the most and why. You have one vote so keep that in mind. If you select other please elaborate.

For me it was a coin toss between drowning and self immolation. I think I'm going to personally go with self immolation. The nerve pain throughout your entire body on top of the fire exhausting your oxygen scares the fuck out of me.

Reactions: _Minsk
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Any act other than natural or accident scares the f'ng F out of me. I chose other bcuz of that and it's why I'm still living in torture

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Any act other than natural or accident scares the f'ng F out of me. I chose other bcuz of that and it's why I'm still living in torture
I was actually going to make a poll about that first. Whether Natural Death or Suicide scares you more.

Dying of natural causes actually scares me more than any method of suicide. So I guess we're polar opposites on that one.

Reactions: Soul and Deleted member 14573
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
I think failing. I don't really know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Brick In The Wall
Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
self-immolation: burning clothes become one with the skin.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toobrokentofix and Brick In The Wall
G

Gladtogo

Jun 6, 2020
Is self immolation actually considered by anyone, unless as protest?

Reactions: Leshen and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Is self immolation actually considered by anyone, unless as protest?
Yes it does happen more then you think. There was a case of it in my local area even a few years back.

The guy was distraught over a breakup. He drove his vehicle into a building and lit himself on fire.

• Wow
Reactions: Gladtogo
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Jumping. The time it takes to hit the ground will feel like an eternity.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Brick In The Wall
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
At this point suspension hanging of any kind since the reality of being caught and ending up brain damaged bothers me

• Hugs
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
My high school chemistry teacher set himself on fire in his car, its the only time I've seen that method used first hand though.

• Hugs
  • Wow
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This one is a no brainer, self-immolation by far on the list of choices, is the worst as it's just pure agony and a slow horrible death while being cooked alive. I suppose there are other methods that also rank up pretty high and are very painful and/or gruesome, but self-immolation just takes the cake for me.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Poison/OD is an ambiguous category as I see it. To OD on substances with euphoric properties is ideal to me, whereas the idea of poisoning myself with chemicals is out of the question. Self-immolation probably scares me the most, but chemicals and drowning are close seconds.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Poison/OD is an ambiguous category as I see it. To OD on substances with euphoric properties is ideal to me, whereas the idea of poisoning myself with chemicals is out of the question. Self-immolation probably scares me the most, but chemicals and drowning are close seconds.
Fair enough, toxic chemicals and compounds can cause euphoria as well though. Plus I ran out of options for the poll, I put the maximum number of choices that I could.

I also thought about leaving self immolation out since it's a no brainer as mentioned by @thrw_a_way1221221. But again I wanted as many options as possible.

Reactions: Sensei
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Self-Immolation is very scary but very respectable when done in protest like Thích Quảng Đức.
That takes discipline.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Brick In The Wall and puppy9
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Self Immolation FTW. You'll die from septic shock or infection later on. Just imagining the heat you'd be breathing in is horrible.. which would harden your lungs, chest and esophagus. Necklacing would especially suck.

• Hugs
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
Basically anything but gunshot, OD, and gas scares the shit out of me. But I picked jumping because I have a terrible fear of heights. Self-immolation sounds scary too, and I don't think I'd ever have the courage to cut or drown.

• Hugs
lottielies

lottielies

closer and closer to my limit
Jan 4, 2020
I'd say self-immolation is the most obvious thing to choose for me but OD'ing is also terrifying, since my biggest fear is nausea and internal pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, everydayiloveyou and Brick In The Wall
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
I remember someone posted a .gif of a guy setting himself on fire to the old r/SanctionedSuicide and it looked like abject torture. It wasn't a quick death.

As for my personal vote, drowning 100%.

• Hugs
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
ECC155FE 0530 48B4 972D 5B1AB842DF34

One of my favorite groups still and this is a real picture taken I believe of a Vietnamese protester

• Wow
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
Self immolation for sure, can't even imagine the pain.

• Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Interesting that no one has picked C02 yet. C02 methods could easily result in self immolation as well, I've read a few accounts of it happening.

I'm going to switch my vote to that. Knowing my luck the mini BBQ C02 method would definitely catch my ass on fire too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and Soul
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I think that self immolation shouldn't be on this list. Not only does it skews the results because everyone has an innate fear of fire and burns, It's also more of a protest-sacrifice thing more than a real method. plus, I haven't seen a thread discussing it seriously.

With that out of the way, I'd say that train/vehicle scares me a lot. I've seen videos of people failing and one guy crawling with half his body chopped by the train. there's also the trauma of the one driving and the team who has to clean my mess.

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think that self immolation shouldn't be on this list. Not only does it skews the results because everyone has an innate fear of fire and burns, It's also more of a protest-sacrifice thing more than a real method. plus, I haven't seen a thread discussing it seriously.
Drowning and heights are innate fears as well. Usually drowning and being burned are the top 2 feared ways to go. I expected drowning to be higher then it is so this settles an old argument for me.

Nothing is stopping anyone from making a different poll and refining the results. Or disregarding the option entirely and selecting a different one.

So with respect, I'm going to leave it as a valid method. Because it is indeed a method used to CTB.

Reactions: Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Drowning and heights are innate fears as well. Usually drowning and being burned are the top 2 feared ways to go. I expected drowning to be higher then it is so this settles an old argument for me.

Nothing is stopping anyone from making a different poll and refining the results. Or disregarding the option entirely and selecting a different one.

So with respect, I'm going to leave it as a valid method. Because it is indeed a method used to CTB.

I understand. sorry if it came that way, but I wasn't telling you to change it or anything, I was just saying that it was kind of an obvious choice as shown by the results.

however, it's still interesting to see the results.

• Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I understand. sorry if it came that way, but I wasn't telling you to change it or anything, I was just saying that it was kind of an obvious choice as shown by the results.

however, it's still interesting to see the results.
No worries, no need to apologize or anything. Like I said it settles an old argument of water vs fire for me. So I'm happy with the results so far.

Reactions: Fragile