N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Some people on here have told me they hate following the news. It makes them cynical and depressed because there is so much suffering all over the world. Moreover they are annoyed by the toxic culture war.

Personally I still really like following the news. I read a lot of newspaper/news megazine articles. I read a lot from leftwing and right wing media. But usually more leftwing media due to the fact that I am a lefty and there are more leftwing media outlets in my country.

I think probably almost noone will know any of the German media outlets which I follow but the magazine I read the most is "Der Spiegel."

Another main source I get information from is Youtube. I think the mainstream media preach down on Youtube a lot. Sometimes their arguments are valid but on the other hand I think they critize it because they see their power in danger. There is a lot of high quality content on Youtube. Calling them all conspiracy theorists is treacherous in my opinion. When I follow the US news I think the TV broadcast stations are horrible. They make either advertisement for the Democrats or the Republicans.
The newspaper papers make a better job someone told me. But I cannot really judge that. I don't follow them enough in the US.

I also watch news channels funded by public broadcasting. They do a good job in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, onlyanimalsaregood and Al_stargate
Tristan

Tristan

Don’t cry for me, I’m already dead.
Mar 21, 2022
Easy! None!

• Love
Reactions: Hate you, waitingforrest and demuic
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
CBC/BBC—some PBS. Mostly I read online, and know what outlets to stay away from. I don't generally sit and watch broadcast news. Lately, too, from YouTube, I've been watching Deutsche Welle clips…

Reactions: wljourney
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I follow Depressed Cat on here.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sister of the Moon, waitingforrest, justsayin and 1 other person
davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021
It changes over time, but at the moment I read The Times from the UK

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Germany has much more stringent regulations and simply "journalistic standards" that news organizations adhere to. Der Spiegel is an excellent resource and while "leftish" adheres to much different standards than many English language publications.

ARD and ZDF news reports and opinion pieces are much more neutral and much less polarizing compared to even the CBC in Canada (which is probably more reliable than most US news networks).

I have nothing positive to say for the British press to be honest. I'm old enough to remember how they treated Lady Di. Not a fan at all of the monarchy, but that was cruel.

Reactions: davidgeorge and Al Cappella
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am in the U.S. and if I check on the news I usually go to CNN. I am liberal and I believe everyone has a voice and has human rights. A lot of news so gloom and doom, that I do not read too much.

We should all live together as one and look out for each other.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: allesistgut
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar on Spotify is a good unbiased source of news.

• Love
Reactions: newave3 and Crazy4u
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Honestly I use a combination of Yahoo and Youtube and I seem to stay pretty current on things. Also sometimes google news.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Mostly Reddit for me. I try to get my news from many different sources so I won't be fooled by political agendas. The truth is often somewhere in the middle, after all. I skip the obvious bullshit, though.

W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I just hop on Wikipedia to the news section to spite all of my English teachers.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I don't follow news but if i need information i check out local news, the hill, reuters, aljazeera,...etc. i like to read the same story from multple news channels

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Breitbart,Gateway Pundit,Zerohedge, The Unz,Amren,Vdare,RedState.com,FrontPage Magazine......you get the picture. I'm way over on the right politically.

Pomegranate

Pomegranate

"To die is gain."
Jan 21, 2022
CNN and The New York Times are my bookmarked news links. If anyone is into checking out the same news from different sources, I recommend 68k.news. It aggregates all the different news of the day from various outlets so that you see how differently things are reported.