• Neglect is abuse

Votes: 31 86.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aquariusgemini

aquariusgemini

Useless burden
May 26, 2019
Yeah, just what it says in the title. Or do you think that neglect can be considere as abuse?

Reactions: mattwitt and Final Escape
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Neglect is just one of the 100000 ways people can abuse other people...

Reactions: MeltingHeart, Final Escape and AngelGirl
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
They're only differentiated to not "trigger" mildly neglectful parents, which is probably most. Neglect is also rather broad and philosophical compared to physical abuse.

Reactions: Final Escape
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
They're only differentiated to not "trigger" mildly neglectful parents, which is probably most. Neglect is also rather broad and philosophical compared to physical abuse.

Adults can deal with neglect. Perhaps teenagers too. But definitely not children.

Reactions: Wayfaerer, MeltingHeart and woxihuanni
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
Neglect is a form of abuse. But if you really want to compare, having specific examples would be more helpful. Neglect and abuse are both really broad terms.

Reactions: MeltingHeart, Sha70, ExitTheDay and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I've heard neglect might be one of the worst forms of abuse. At least if u are being abused physically and emotionally u probably know it to some degree. When it feels like u have no trusted adult in your corner as kid who is reliable, consistent, and even as a teen you are really in a bad situation. I felt I was totally abandoned as a kid and my teen years.

I also pushed people away but maybe that was from having had an insecure attachment to parents. I had trust issues with people and still do. I hate that I can go from hating u to loving u in one day or abruptly. I struggle with object constancy which is from this neglect or my mom not being able to bond and be consistent. I think it's developmental trauma.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and mattwitt
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Neglect is some broad thing. Some people would say that giving children freedom is neglecting. this thing is not abuse and they say it because it's a lame excuse to force some ideas and indoctrination into them or forcing excessive control and monitoring,they want them to be abused.

However, neglect in the sense of I don't give a fuck is abuse but a different thing than physical abuse.

I got physically and emotionally abused as a child.

I think bringing innocents to this mad life and enforcing them to shit is abuse itself.

• Love
Reactions: purplemoon, AngelGirl and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Yeah, just what it says in the title. Or do you think that neglect can be considere as abuse?
Depends on the child which is worse. I am autistic, and I cannot get enough isolation, so being neglected was like a fucking dream-come-true for me. Abuse, much much worse because in addition to the abuse, it is human interaction, it requires you to be engaged with the abuser, which was absolute torture for me. I'd have gladly endured the physical pain if it didn't include the torment of trying to figure out how I'm supposed to interact with another crazy, confusing stupid neurotypical who constantly demands to be stared at, for reasons I could not fathom.

But for non autistics, it's the opposite. Neurotypicals crave nonstop attention. They think someone not looking at them is the most unbearable pain in the world. For neurotypical kids, if the only interaction they get is having the shit beaten out of them, they will interpret that as the best thing in the world and crave more and more of it til the day they die. For normals, social rituals are the only thing in the world that matters, so abuse is great as long as they are being paid attention to. It damages them hideously of course; that's why all neurotypical marriages are just a misery from hell; because marriage mimics parental relationships, so when someone is abusing them, they are the center of attention, and that is all that matters. Like people who are addicted to the "jealous lover", they fight constantly and pretend they hate it but they love it, because it means their lover is paying attention to them, it's makes them feel special and validated and all the other destructive things neurotypicals need so desperately. A neurotypical child can thrive on abuse, but neglect or being ignored is literally worse than death to them.

Want to see a neurotypical lose their fucking mind? Walk into the same room as them, but don't look at them. That's all it takes. Don't be rude, just don't give them full eye contact. Within about ten minutes they'll be subtly trying to antagonize you. Stay neutral and pleasant, pretend you don't notice their attempts to pick a fight. Within twenty minutes, they will be in full fucking psycho rage meltdown, screaming their fucking head off. Try it. It works on almost all of them. They cannot stand not being looked at or paid attention to.

That's why so many people who love dogs hate cats. Because a dog's purpose is to constantly validate humans by giving and pleading for attention. A cat just wants to be it's own creature, so a neurotypical can't be patient enough to just make friends with a cat on it's own terms, they will immediately despise the cat for being independent, and ascribe crazy motives to the cat's behavior ("they're so sneaky!" "they think they are better than me!"). Some neurotypicals will pretend to like cats, but watch them closely, they will kick your fucking cat when they think you aren't looking.
Neglect is some broad thing. Some people would say that giving children freedom is neglecting. this thing is not abuse and they say it because it's a lame excuse to force some ideas and indoctrination into them or forcing excessive control and monitoring,they want them to be abused.

However, neglect in the sense of I don't give a fuck is abuse but a different thing than physical abuse.

I got physically and emotionally abused as a child.

I think bringing innocents to this mad life and enforcing them to shit is abuse itself.

lol. when people ask if I want kids I go "FUCK NO!!!"
they go "oh, you hate kids."
I go
"No, I LOVE kids, that's why I will never give any to your fucked-up society!"

Then I pat my belly and go
"Don't worry, eggs. You are safe. I will never let you be born."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, cowbain, purplemoon and 1 other person
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Adults can deal with neglect. Perhaps teenagers too. But definitely not children.
I'd disagree, especially since child abuse almost guarantees they'll be in abusive relationships when they're older. The only difference between an adult and baby is that the adult will pretend they're not in pain which is from social conditioning not biology.

Kids and adults will use addiction to cope with their pain, but no serious person would call that healthy. Or it could be the opposite.

purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
Depends on the child which is worse. I am autistic, and I cannot get enough isolation, so being neglected was like a fucking dream-come-true for me. Abuse, much much worse because in addition to the abuse, it is human interaction, it requires you to be engaged with the abuser, which was absolute torture for me. I'd have gladly endured the physical pain if it didn't include the torment of trying to figure out how I'm supposed to interact with another crazy, confusing stupid neurotypical who constantly demands to be stared at, for reasons I could not fathom.

But for non autistics, it's the opposite. Neurotypicals crave nonstop attention. They think someone not looking at them is the most unbearable pain in the world. For neurotypical kids, if the only interaction they get is having the shit beaten out of them, they will interpret that as the best thing in the world and crave more and more of it til the day they die. For normals, social rituals are the only thing in the world that matters, so abuse is great as long as they are being paid attention to. It damages them hideously of course; that's why all neurotypical marriages are just a misery from hell; because marriage mimics parental relationships, so when someone is abusing them, they are the center of attention, and that is all that matters. Like people who are addicted to the "jealous lover", they fight constantly and pretend they hate it but they love it, because it means their lover is paying attention to them, it's makes them feel special and validated and all the other destructive things neurotypicals need so desperately. A neurotypical child can thrive on abuse, but neglect or being ignored is literally worse than death to them.

Want to see a neurotypical lose their fucking mind? Walk into the same room as them, but don't look at them. That's all it takes. Don't be rude, just don't give them full eye contact. Within about ten minutes they'll be subtly trying to antagonize you. Stay neutral and pleasant, pretend you don't notice their attempts to pick a fight. Within twenty minutes, they will be in full fucking psycho rage meltdown, screaming their fucking head off. Try it. It works on almost all of them. They cannot stand not being looked at or paid attention to.

That's why so many people who love dogs hate cats. Because a dog's purpose is to constantly validate humans by giving and pleading for attention. A cat just wants to be it's own creature, so a neurotypical can't be patient enough to just make friends with a cat on it's own terms, they will immediately despise the cat for being independent, and ascribe crazy motives to the cat's behavior ("they're so sneaky!" "they think they are better than me!"). Some neurotypicals will pretend to like cats, but watch them closely, they will kick your fucking cat when they think you aren't looking.

lol. when people ask if I want kids I go "FUCK NO!!!"
they go "oh, you hate kids."
I go

You're awesome.

I was told long ago I have a "touch of autism", not sure if that's accurate, but I could relate to plenty you shared.

I absolutely love your phrasing:

I totally understand and Agree with you, I've told people that I will never bring children into this cruel world just to selfishly spread my DNA, and why would I let my own future babies suffer, and that I'm a good mother by not bringing my offspring or any part of myself into this horrific place.

I also have told my parents when I was a kid how I wish I had never been born and "why did you bring me here?!"
My parents seemed only worried if I was dead, but not if I was suffering, because my suffering doesn't matter, only if I'm still alive to possibly keep spreading their DNA i guess.

No thanks!

and you are spot on for this genius and accurate observation as well..... that many people "will immediately despise the cat for being independent, and ascribe crazy motives to the cat's behavior ("they're so sneaky!" "they think they are better than me!").

:love: That's hilarious because it's true... and they think We are the 'crazy' ones??!!

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I think neglect is the worst form of abuse. This subject makes me furious, suffice it to say that if I saw a Monty Python weight coming down on neglectful parent, I wouldn't holler to them to get out of the way.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and MeltingHeart
R

Reyki6667

Student
Oct 11, 2019
Neglect is inconstetably a form of abuse.

Reactions: MeltingHeart
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Neglect IS abuse.
They are both even and that is pretty much it. We as individuals can not tell some one else how they feel or should reacted to something. We all experience things quite differently. One kids may find verbal abuse more painful then physical abuse or verse versus. So basically it depends on who you are as a person.
You mean vice versa

Reactions: MeltingHeart