Promortalist_

Promortalist_

Celebrate Death Mourn Life
Jul 5, 2021
I want to keep things short and simple when I write a note so here's a list. Which one do you like?

1. I am sorry for leaving, this is the only way to cure my depression and anxiety.

2. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I am sorry I turned out to be such a failure.

3. This world is too cruel to exist in. I cannot bear to live in a world full of pain and suffering.

4. F**k this s**t society. F**k everyone. I should've never been born.

5. I refuse to be a wage slave in this greedy capitalistic society.

This one is long:

6. No matter how good my circumstances are, I cannot just focus on myself/my life alone especially when our society is in shambles. Everywhere I turn, I find more things wrong with this society and feel that every moment of our existence is pointless. I can't turn a blind eye to all the senseless suffering and violence going on around this world. How could I be happy when things like rape, genocide, war, pedophilia, human/child trafficking, animal cruelty/abuse, and other types of unimaginable abuse exists in this society. I know that I was given a good life and that if I feel strongly towards these issues then I must try to fix it. But I don't have the strength to fight blind people. Many have tried to fix these issues or at the very least expose them to our society but all in vain. Most of these issues (such as human/child trafficking) are suppressed by the media because those who are involved run/are the government. This world is a lost cause, the best thing I can do is not be a part of it.

7. Every moment of our existence inflicts pain onto other sentient beings. This is my fate, this is everyone's fate. We must consume other living beings (animals and/or plants) in order to be alive. It is horrifying and cruel. I don't want to be a part of this miserable existence.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, hʚll and Alwaysbadtime
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I want to keep things short and simple when I write a note so here's a list. Which one do you like?

1. I am sorry for leaving, this is the only way to cure my depression and anxiety.

2. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I am sorry I turned out to be such a failure.

3. This world is too cruel to exist in. I cannot bear to live in a world full of pain and suffering.

4. F**k this s**t society. F**k you. F**k everyone. I should've never been born.

5. I refuse to be a wage slave in this greedy capitalistic society.

This one is long:

6. No matter how good my circumstances are, I cannot just focus on myself/my life alone especially when our society is in shambles. Everywhere I turn, I find more things wrong with this society and feel that every moment of our existence is pointless. I can't turn a blind eye to all the senseless suffering and violence going on around this world. How could I be happy when things like rape, genocide, war, pedophilia, human/child trafficking, animal cruelty/abuse, and other types of unimaginable abuse exists in this society. I know that I was given a good life and that if I feel strongly towards these issues then I must try to fix it. But I don't have the strength to fight blind people. Many have tried to fix these issues or at the very least expose them to our society but all in vein. Most of these issues (such as human/child trafficking) are suppressed by the media because those who are involved run/are the government. This world is a lost cause, the best thing I can do not be a part of it.

7. Every moment of our existence inflicts pain onto other sentient beings. This is my fate, this is everyone's fate. We must consume other living beings (animals and/or plants) in order to be alive. It is a horrifying and cruel. I don't want to be a part of this miserable existence.
Could you kind of include all of it? Perhaps not the fuck you/everyone.

I relate to being disturbed intensely from world problems and horrific stories. I am keenly aware of the darkest shit out there. Afghanistan...Libya....Palestine...Yemen...India...Brazil...Columbia...Venezuala, Lebanon...omg it doesn't stop.

Ideally people who cared could help in some way...but it's impossible overall. People who choose not to off themselves can do their parts by adopting pets from shelters...

I think you could include all of this in a note...Could you go to law school and fight something noble? Probably there's nothing that would pay for the loans of law school blah blah blah. You appear younger than me. Sorry for the suggestion/question fueled with I guess optimism.

I feel a sense of commradery from afar as far as the list of atrocitities you feel aghast by. Good luck in your note. Will you send it in email and delay it? That's how I plan to do it.

You don't sound 'mental'. I would not just blame it on depression and anxiety. Don't let them just think you've got mental problems. You're obviously aware of real life shit.

• Love
Reactions: Promortalist_
T

tabletop

Student
Oct 8, 2019
Personally I would go with the first one. If it were me I would replace "cure" with "end the pain of my depression and anxiety." I also don't think there is such a thing as a good note though. I do like how in the second one you thanked others for everything they have done for you.

• Love
Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 3, 2021
I know it runs counter to your desire to keep things short and simple, but I personally liked #6 the best.
I don't know your reasons for wanting death. Maybe a big component is a hurt and/or anger towards the people around you, in which case my opinion might not apply to you so much here.
BUT, I know that whatever I write will be the last thing anyone reads/hears from me. Since my feelings towards those around me are very positive, I want that last message from me to both be positive and informative. I don't want to leave any doubt in their minds as to why I chose to end my life. If you do care about these things, it might be a good idea to elaborate, even if only a little. If you don't care, I'd argue you could still take this chance to get crap off of your chest!
Either way, regardless of the above opinion, to simply answer the question, I still like #6 the best

• Love
Reactions: Promortalist_ and Alwaysbadtime
M

mossyfox

Student
Aug 4, 2021
3. if you want short. 6. if you want to expand on things for who ever is reading it, although vein should be changed to 'vain'.

I feel like those ones are more timeless statements that others can relate to at least a little if not a lot.

• Love
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I think they will judge you if you just speak about the atrocities in the world. You need to let them know about your day to day. If you want them to feel consoled or if you want them to understand you need to personalize it to your inner thoughts and worries for yourself.

Last edited:
  • Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think personally, an combination of some of these would be the best. If you want to keep things short, I think the first one, as it tells others that you cannot bear your own suffering anymore. That is the type of thing that I would want to say as I want others to there is nothing they could have done and I hope it gives them some closure that I am in a better place. I do like your longer response ones though, number 6 is well written. I like that one as I would personally want to explain in detail why this is my choice. Anyway, I wish you well.

• Love
6sad6grl6

6sad6grl6

Killdozer In human form
Aug 19, 2023
4 sweet and simple and fiery goin out with bang