• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
And when I say fictional, I mean, gods and/or goddesses from a fantasy universe(like the Forgotten Realms or a
A Song of Ice and Fire etc) and not from human mythology. Because writing off gods and/or goddesses from human mythology as fictional beings is extremely disrespectful to some people because for some people, it's not simply just mythology but the truth. And you'd also be mocking everyone's ancestors... And these people aren't Christians or Muslims(and neither were many of their ancestors) or are a part or were a part of any other religion that has resulted in massive amounts of suffering in the world so it would be cruel and unjustified to just take a dump on their beliefs because they aren't atheists...

Last edited:
Reactions: Meretlein and Pupuce
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Merhunes dagon from the elder scrolls series.He is kinda like an evil god and acts ine the sphere of destruction, change, revolution, energy, and ambition. The destruction/revolution parts are what interest me the most. Or perhaps from the same univers Hermaeus Mora, for knowledge and memory.

Reactions: Skathon, LifeIsACurse and Severen
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Awww, you just spoilt what for me at least, would be a highly entertaining thread :wink:

Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
Since my D&D character is a Drow, I'll have to say Lolth. I partially chose this race because I liked the fact females are the ones in Drow society that hold all the power. Lolth demands total loyalty, and wants the weak culled, so there is constant strife in and around the Drow. I guess I like that within all this mayhem, there is total order.
Yeesh, I'm talking like this is real!

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot and 262653
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I am the only one reading this thread as the piss take it most surely is? I must be more fcked up than I thought :wink:

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Awww, you just spoilt what for me at least, would be a highly entertaining thread :wink:

Well if you are into fantasy, this could be a very fun thread for you.

Reactions: Pilum Muralis
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Aldur from the Belgariad series. It's been a while since I've read it but if my memory serves me right, he's the only god who did not select a race of humanity to rule over, which implies a deep sense of humility.

But if i was stuck in the 40k universe, it would definitely be Khorne.

Last edited:
Reactions: Severen
F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
The one with many faces (GoT)

Reactions: not_a_robot and Severen
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Last edited:
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Aldur from the Belgariad series. It's been a while since I've read it but if my memory serves me right, he's the only god who did not select a race of humanity to rule over, which implies a deep sense of humility.

But if i was stuck in the 40k universe, it would definitely be Khorne.
I would also worship Khorne. Blood for the Blood God!!! Skulls for the Skull Throne!!!
Since my D&D character is a Drow, I'll have to say Lolth. I partially chose this race because I liked the fact females are the ones in Drow society that hold all the power. Lolth demands total loyalty, and wants the weak culled, so there is constant strife in and around the Drow. I guess I like that within all this mayhem, there is total order.
Yeesh, I'm talking like this is real!
Lloth turns those who fail her into hideous spider like creatures though. Fuck that. Nobody is perfect. We all fuck up, once in awhile. And I'd rather have an egalitarian society or at least one with some flexibility so not a fan of the Drow(for other reasons as well). How can any rational being look down on Drizzt as if he is nothing but a slave? He could have slaughtered all the Drow single handedly if he was consumed by the need to punish the Drow for their sins. The Drow are hierarchical in a way that makes no sense. Like humanity, today. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Orin
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

Jul 2, 2019
I would also worship Khorne. Blood for the Blood God!!! Skulls for the Skull Throne!!!

Lloth turns those who fail her into hideous spider like creatures though. Fuck that. And I'd rather have an egalitarian society or at least one with some flexibility so not a fan of the Drow(for other reasons as well). How can any rational being look down on Drizzt as if he is nothing but a slave? He could have slaughtered all the Drow single handedly if he was consumed by the need to punish the Drow for their sins. The Drow are hierarchical in a way that makes no sense. Like humanity, today. :)

See, this is partly why I chose Drow. I mean, their society is so fucked, but so orderly too. To climb the Drow social ladder, you have to murder the ones ahead of you. They "marry" for status, and have children they only use to expand the family name/status. They dump their offspring off to some "nanny" to raise. Having male children is actually seen as a detriment, and if they are anything but firstborn, they're sacrificed...to gain favor. They really aren't much different than a spider already, honestly. All their screwy beliefs and way of life was why I wanted a Drow. So I could add that to my character development. I'd have to be in a party, with races Drow would enslave and/or sacrifice. I'd have to trust, be less impulsive. Help strangers. Everything that goes against how a Drow lives and thinks. I wanted my character to struggle.
I don't know. Maybe I'm just messed in the noggin.
*Side note: I really miss playing D&D, even though it was hard for me mentally. Anxiety and Shyness.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
See, this is partly why I chose Drow. I mean, their society is so fucked, but so orderly too. To climb the Drow social ladder, you have to murder the ones ahead of you. They "marry" for status, and have children they only use to expand the family name/status. They dump their offspring off to some "nanny" to raise. Having male children is actually seen as a detriment, and if they are anything but firstborn, they're sacrificed...to gain favor. They really aren't much different than a spider already, honestly. All their screwy beliefs and way of life was why I wanted a Drow. So I could add that to my character development. I'd have to be in a party, with races Drow would enslave and/or sacrifice. I'd have to trust, be less impulsive. Help strangers. Everything that goes against how a Drow lives and thinks. I wanted my character to struggle.
I don't know. Maybe I'm just messed in the noggin.
*Side note: I really miss playing D&D, even though it was hard for me mentally. Anxiety and Shyness.

Oh, I'm not writing off every aspect of their society as inferior. Their society is too complicated to write it off, completely. In even the most insane societies, you can find aspects that are based on logic and reality. I like that when it comes to female Drow, they have to adhere to a violent meritocracy based system instead of just peaceful cronyism so that only the female Drow who deserve to be in power are in power. And I like that the female Drow are so spiritual and pragmatic when it comes to certain things. But overall...nah. And Lloth... She is the kind of goddess who would create the world we live in today, just to punish people. Beyond cruel. I'm guessing you are a fan of the character Viconia DeVir from Baldur's Gate 2? Anxiety and shyness are not factors when you are playing Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2 on the PC. Personally, I always avoided roleplaying the traditional old school way because it's a pain in the ass to find a good dungeon master and I hate having to deal with most people. Every time I tried to do so in the past, the dungeon master didn't know what the fuck to do so we just spent most of the time, just walking around and all the players were trying to one up each other, constantly. One time when I was really young(in my early teens), me and my friends, bought a D&D kit with premade characters and we fought for like 30 minutes over who gets to be the bad ass looking warriors and mages and who gets to be the ugly ass halfling thief... Nobody wanted to be the halfling... The dude who got stuck with the ugly ass halfling thief, walked away from the game etc... I think the people who have people in their social circle who can actually play a role playing game with other people old school style are privileged.

Last edited:
Reactions: 262653 and Pilum Muralis
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

Jul 2, 2019
Oh, I'm not writing off every aspect of their society as inferior. Their society is too complicated to write it off, completely. In even the most insane societies, you can find aspects that are based on logic and reality. I like that when it comes to female Drow, they have to adhere to a violent meritocracy based system instead of just peaceful cronyism so that only the female Drow who deserve to be in power are in power. And I like that the female Drow are so spiritual and pragmatic when it comes to certain things. But overall...nah. And Lloth... She is the kind of goddess who would create the world we live in today, just to punish people. Beyond cruel. I'm guessing you are a fan of the character Viconia DeVir from Baldur's Gate 2? Anxiety and shyness are not factors when you are playing Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2 on the PC. Personally, I always avoided roleplaying the traditional old school way because it's a pain in the ass to find a good dungeon master and I hate having to deal with most people. Every time I tried to do so in the past, the dungeon master didn't know what the fuck to do so we just spent most of the time, just walking around and all the players were trying to one up each other, constantly. One time when I was really young(in my early teens), me and my friends, bought a D&D kit with premade characters and we fought for like 30 minutes over who gets to be the bad ass looking warriors and mages and who gets to be the ugly ass halfling thief... Nobody wanted to be the halfling... The dude who got stuck with the ugly ass halfling thief, walked away from the game etc...

I didn't start playing D&D until after I met my husband. He was the dm for our campaigns, since he'd been an avid player since his childhood. I was talked into playing with a group of his college friends years ago. I was so mortified, and was silent for most of the game. I was on the brink of a panic attack. I was using a premade character, and my husband suggested I create my own. I guess she (my character) is a reflection of myself, at least how my mind was/is. I know I'm broken, mentally and physically. She is too. I open up, I express myself and feelings through her. It sounds so ridiculous, but it makes me happy being her.
It's been a year since we last played. He's been busy with school. We're going to try and do a campaign with his old friends and our nephew via Skype in the upcoming months. Maybe it will help with my depression. I don't want to be put on even more meds.
Unfortunately I have not played the Baldurs Gate series. I've been told they are really good, though. My PC atm is just good for gathering dust. I play Neverwinter off and on on console, and am familiar with Viconia DeVir, but only by name. I just looked her up, and the Baldurs Gate gameplay, and it sounds like something I would love! I had no idea it was a BioWare game.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
If you haven't played the Baldur's Gate PC games and the Icewind Dale PC games, you are seriously missing out...seriously... I recommend you pirate them or buy them, just to check them out. And why not just get a prescription for Xanax and play D&D with your husband and his friends? Xanax is safe if you only take it for like 6 months. Then afterwards you should stop or risk damaging your body.

Reactions: 262653
Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

Jul 2, 2019
Xanax gave me a lot of GI problems, and I haven't had a true panic attack in decades. I still get anxious in social situations, but luckily I'm a hermit. Also, I'm not sure how it would react with my pain meds. I was on Amitriptyline for depression and insomnia years ago, but just decided one day I was "ok", and stopped taking it, and stopped seeing my therapist. Recently, I've been getting the same symptoms like I had back then, and am hoping it's just some funk. I don't want to take anymore meds than I already have to. My depression was never debilitating, and isn't the reason for my desire to ctb.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
oh, probably a few of them.
Can't tell, it's like a birthday wish. It can only come true if it's a secret.