W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I'm trying to decide if either of these methods will work for me, since I think the setup for exit bag is too complicated. I've always instinctively thought that the exit bag sounds like the best method, however the logistics of getting a gas cylinder into the house without someone noticing, then setting everything up make this method tricky. I've been feeling quite desperate and leaning towards partial but also finding this hard. If I can order the stuff for SN, I might go with that. Opinions?

Reactions: lostangel
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
SN IMO is better.

Reactions: throwaway_2620
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
SN IMO is better.
Any particular reason?

On Fridays, I sometimes have the house to myself from morning until afternoon, would that be enough time do you think? I don't know when I'll next get a full day on my own.

Reactions: Addy92
drakewantstogo

drakewantstogo

Pressure building
Nov 9, 2018
Any particular reason?

On Fridays, I sometimes have the house to myself from morning until afternoon, would that be enough time do you think? I don't know when I'll next get a full day on my own.
how long is "from morning to afteroon" in time?
Also, dont you have some spare money you could use on a hotel? There are some cheap hotels out there

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Any particular reason?

You need at least 8 hours to yourself after ingestion if not more to be cautious.

Reactions: Baltazar1713
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
@drakewantstogo I don't know exactly, probably around 6 hours. I don't really go anywhere at the moment or leave the house much, so getting a hotel for no reason would definitely raise alarm bells for my parents. I could probably say I was going for a walk and go in the forest somewhere but I'd prefer to be at home. There might be a point when I have a full day at some point, I suppose. Hotel would be better though, if only so that my parents wouldn't be the ones to find me.

@GeorgeJL There must be a way for me to have 8 hours to myself, I'll have to think about it. If there wasn't a risk for noise then I would plan to do it overnight, but obviously it would just wake someone up so that wouldn't work. You wouldn't need so long with hanging, right?

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
@drakewantstogo I don't know exactly, probably around 6 hours. I don't really go anywhere at the moment or leave the house much, so getting a hotel for no reason would definitely raise alarm bells for my parents. I could probably say I was going for a walk and go in the forest somewhere but I'd prefer to be at home. There might be a point when I have a full day at some point, I suppose. Hotel would be better though, if only so that my parents wouldn't be the ones to find me.

@GeorgeJL There must be a way for me to have 8 hours to myself, I'll have to think about it. If there wasn't a risk for noise then I would plan to do it overnight, but obviously it would just wake someone up so that wouldn't work. You wouldn't need so long with hanging, right?
Use a tent in the woods or use a motel with a do not disturb sign on the door.

drakewantstogo

drakewantstogo

Pressure building
Nov 9, 2018

you don't have to tell your parents you're going to an hotel, say you're staying at a friend's. Or you could say you're going for a walk and then go to an hotel in the morning and do it really soon.

Redrock

Redrock

Student
Mar 5, 2019
I'm trying to decide if either of these methods will work for me, since I think the setup for exit bag is too complicated. I've always instinctively thought that the exit bag sounds like the best method, however the logistics of getting a gas cylinder into the house without someone noticing, then setting everything up make this method tricky. I've been feeling quite desperate and leaning towards partial but also finding this hard. If I can order the stuff for SN, I might go with that. Opinions?
home, hotel, car and forest - these are the most popular places for ctb.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
@drakewantstogo I honestly haven't stayed with a friend for a year probably, so again it would be out of the ordinary, but it's a possibility. I'm hoping the house will be empty but I suppose it's terrible for parents to discover you.

@Redrock Forest could be possible, but a lot of people walk through them and I wouldn't be able to go during evening/night without someone noticing...

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
ive tried partial but I cant defeat SI, you can try partial its something like 15 secs or less to pass out there is big thread about it. If you cant do partial then try SN

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I hope that I can do partial, it seems more straightforward.