N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Quite a complex topic. I am not an expert and I don't pretend that I had a true answer for it. Here is my gut feeling.

The judicial system is different from country to country. My main problem with the justice system is that rich and powerful people have an advantage because they can hire the best lawyers in the world. I have the feeling often celebrities get a bonus.

There was the case of a famous football manager in my country. He committed tax evasion. Before it got public they tried to pay the money back before the media could report about it. The judge said this should lesser his punishment, But honestly he just did it because he knew the media will report about it. He got 3,5 years imprisonment for evading taxes of roundabout 20 million euros. Not sure what to think about that. The thing I don't get why tax evasion is quite popular in circles of the elites. Some do it legally but others go so far to do it illegally. I cannot get why they risk prison for evading taxes. They have so much money they should not have to do that.

Honestly I don't have the feeling that I had the right to point at him and say he should have been a decade in prison. I am not a judge and I don't know all he details of the process. Though one can see that powerful people often will get less painful punishment than the average man. And this is simply unfair.

I was bullied as a teenager in school a lot. It is hard to punish teenagers (legally) for that. I think the schools don't do much against it. They pretend to do stuff against it but secretly most people don't care about that. This was at least my experience. Maybe bullying when adults do it should be harder punished. I think often the victims get blamed and I find that cynical. Sometimes the bullying is subtle and hard to report. I cannot say a lot about how widespread bullying is when people are adults. I have made different experiences. But I was often isolated the last years so I don't have much experience how it is like to be around other people.

In my opinion priests have to be punished way harder for molesting children. This is probably a quit popular answer. The big problem for me is the churches want to hide the crimes, don't taket the clearing up serious and raher protect the perpetrators. So many got away with it. It is a shame.

My parents ruined my life because they abused me. But I would never sue them. I mean they support me financially. The last thing I need they get a fine or stuff like that. The justice system cannot help me. The legislation could help me by implementing liberal assisted suicide laws but punshing my parent would only backfire.

I hope you have more sophisticated thoughts on the topic than me.

Reactions: katagiri83 and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
I wanted to say bullying as soon as I read the title of thread.

Reactions: Source Energy, lachrymost, PrisonBreak and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Not big on TOUGHER SENTENCES FOR X as this is often a reactionary politician's grab for the cheapest votes by feeding into very ugly prejudices and rarely ends with a just outcome for anyone. Having said that, imo there should be a special corner of hell reserved for people who are wilfully cruel to animals and these crimes are not sufficiently dealt with in criminal courts.

Reactions: Celerity, BruhXDDDDD, Sakura94 and 2 others
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
At first I thought about positions used as mitigating conditions, but that would get a little off topic.

It surprises me that in many legislations adulterating food is not considered a serious crime, this usually ends in permanent consequences or directly death.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Concept punish not good, allow thing happen one trama suffer what good punish come damage not go. Better not allow this not artificial human stop crime can why kill steal etc science study see reason remove. People think punish thunk world fair world real cruel chaos.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lachrymost, GenesAndEnvironment, Dead Ghost and 3 others
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
for people who are wilfully cruel to animals and these crimes are not sufficiently dealt with in criminal courts.
Most people willingly consume animal products with knowledge that the animals were treated extremely cruelly (even if they try not to think about it often). The difference between someone abusing animals on the street or consuming them is minimal.

Reactions: lachrymost, 7b48hl and katagiri83
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Most people willingly consume animal products with knowledge that the animals were treated extremely cruelly (even if they try not to think about it often). The difference between someone abusing animals on the street or consuming them is minimal.
Idk I'm unconvinced there's minimal difference between eating a bacon sandwich and treating an animal with direct and sadistic violence tbh. That said, I'm not a vegetarian or vegan but could not form a solid argument in favour of eating meat these days.

Reactions: katagiri83
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Sexual violence, domestic violence, physical and sexual child abuse, and medical malpractice/negligence.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, lachrymost, Suicidebydeath and 4 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Eternally Dottie and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
Suicide attempts. Give us fuckers the death penalty and do us a favour :P

Seriously though, the fact that attempting is illegal in so many places is just... too much of a mindfuck.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, lachrymost, makethepainstop and 3 others
H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Suicide attempts. Give us fuckers the death penalty and do us a favour :P

Seriously though, the fact that attempting is illegal in so many places is just... too much of a mindfuck.
Problem: in many countries where death penalty still exists, the usual delay between sentence and execution is several years.

Reactions: lachrymost and makethepainstop
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I couldn't say. But I do know waddling around in a sailor's outfit with no pants on is punished too harshly.

• Yay!
Reactions: croctears, lachrymost, makethepainstop and 4 others
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I'm unconvinced there's minimal difference between eating a bacon sandwich and treating an animal with direct and sadistic violence
A consumer of animal products directly contributes to the suffering of animals for pleasure, similar to someone who directly mistreats animals for pleasure.
Now, you are right in the sense that there may be a psychological difference: the person eating the sandwich may not be thinking about the harm they are causing, whereas the person abusing an animal does. But that doesn't make it OK.
That said, please consider being vegan! I've been one for years; it's easy to do and morally important!

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, Chinaski and Suicidе
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
A consumer of animal products directly contributes to the suffering of animals for pleasure, similar to someone who directly mistreats animals for pleasure.
Now, you are right in the sense that there may be a psychological difference: the person eating the sandwich may not be thinking about the harm they are causing, whereas the person abusing an animal does. But that doesn't make it OK.
That said, please consider being vegan! I've been one for years; it's easy to do and morally important!
I think there is a huge difference between direct sadistic harm and the indirect harm inflicted by consumerism but I'm not going to labour it as ultimately I'm just a carnivore weaselling out. Veganism requires a moral fibre l lack and fair play to you for sticking to it.

Reactions: Celerity, GenesAndEnvironment and locked*n*loaded
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
I wanted to say bullying as soon as I read the title of thread.
Agreed. The thing is, people don't have a good definition of bullying.
However, bullying. Systematic humiliation, the one that goes day by day, should be punished way harder

Reactions: actual_fox
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
Strongly disagree regarding tax evasion. Taxation is just state-sanctioned extortion, so I don't blame people for wanting to circumvent the system.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Quite a complex topic. I am not an expert and I don't pretend that I had a true answer for it. Here is my gut feeling.

The judicial system is different from country to country. My main problem with the justice system is that rich and powerful people have an advantage because they can hire the best lawyers in the world. I have the feeling often celebrities get a bonus.

There was the case of a famous football manager in my country. He committed tax evasion. Before it got public they tried to pay the money back before the media could report about it. The judge said this should lesser his punishment, But honestly he just did it because he knew the media will report about it. He got 3,5 years imprisonment for evading taxes of roundabout 20 million euros. Not sure what to think about that. The thing I don't get why tax evasion is quite popular in circles of the elites. Some do it legally but others go so far to do it illegally. I cannot get why they risk prison for evading taxes. They have so much money they should not have to do that.

Honestly I don't have the feeling that I had the right to point at him and say he should have been a decade in prison. I am not a judge and I don't know all he details of the process. Though one can see that powerful people often will get less painful punishment than the average man. And this is simply unfair.

I was bullied as a teenager in school a lot. It is hard to punish teenagers (legally) for that. I think the schools don't do much against it. They pretend to do stuff against it but secretly most people don't care about that. This was at least my experience. Maybe bullying when adults do it should be harder punished. I think often the victims get blamed and I find that cynical. Sometimes the bullying is subtle and hard to report. I cannot say a lot about how widespread bullying is when people are adults. I have made different experiences. But I was often isolated the last years so I don't have much experience how it is like to be around other people.

In my opinion priests have to be punished way harder for molesting children. This is probably a quit popular answer. The big problem for me is the churches want to hide the crimes, don't taket the clearing up serious and raher protect the perpetrators. So many got away with it. It is a shame.

My parents ruined my life because they abused me. But I would never sue them. I mean they support me financially. The last thing I need they get a fine or stuff like that. The justice system cannot help me. The legislation could help me by implementing liberal assisted suicide laws but punshing my parent would only backfire.

I hope you have more sophisticated thoughts on the topic than me.

Interfering in other countries' internal affairs by starting illegal wars of aggression, since such wars usually end with extreme amounts of dead innocent people - but as long as there's a consensus that X country is bad, or that their head of state is a dictator, people don't seem to care for the long-term consequences. With this kind of logic, the USA might have been invaded several times already.

One other contender is ruining the environment with oil dumps in the oceans.

Last edited:
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Sexual violence, domestic violence, physical and sexual child abuse, and medical malpractice/negligence.
Spot on, I don't think I need to read further.
This and any crimes against elderly people that are vulnerable.
True, crimes vs elderly, vs vulnerable, scams/scammers and the like. Animal cruelty. Any crime we can think of where the punishment is either practically non-existent or hard to enforce could use looking at. Unenforced "crimes".

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Strongly disagree regarding tax evasion. Taxation is just state-sanctioned extortion, so I don't blame people for wanting to circumvent the system.
If those who are wealthy enough to avoid paying tax want a police, judiciary and military who will protect their wealth, if they take advantage of an education system which will provide them with not only a workforce, but also the lawyers, doctors and accountants etc they will ultimately use, if they want a transport infrastructure which they can utilise to their own benefit, if they want a servile political class who can continually legislate in their interests, then yeah, they're going to have to financially contribute to it.

Reactions: Celerity, GenesAndEnvironment and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
If those who are wealthy enough to avoid paying tax want a police, judiciary and military who will protect their wealth, if they take advantage of an education system which will provide them with not only a workforce, but also the lawyers, doctors and accountants etc they will ultimately use, if they want a transport infrastructure which they can utilise to their own benefit, if they want a servile political class who can continually legislate in their interests, then yeah, they're going to have to financially contribute to it.
Yes, taxation is unfortunately a necessary evil to sustain the integral functions of a state that protects individual rights. But levying tax on a person's income, regardless of how rich or poor, should not be a thing. Instituting a land value tax is the most efficient and ethical means of state funding imo.

Reactions: newave3
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
We need to become more animalistic with our punishments and give up any false idea of "justice." Because that shit doesn't exist.

It's about revenge so that is what we should prioritize.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
● Rape, sexual assault and domestic violence because far too men( women too) and those who help cover it up get away with it as the legal system fails to administer justice for victims.

●I also believe school builles including children who do racist bullying should be punished severely because builles grow up to be bully adults especially within positions of authority like the police and politics.

● abusive parents because child abuse causes the child to suffer for a lifetime. I believe an individual who abuses a child should never go free.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and StolenLife
Leemel

Leemel

Sep 30, 2022
Any crime by celebs or rich,famous.

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
"white collar crime"

By dollars and cents, it costs more than street crime. The pathetic slaps on the wrists these criminals receive just makes the rich even more arrogant and reckless.

More of the fuckers who caused the 2008 recession should be in prison.

Reactions: Julgran