• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Which continent are you from?

• Europe

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • America

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Asia

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Africa

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Oceania

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Below is the map based on WHO data from 2019, obviously the more a country is in dark red the more suicidal it is.

On the forum, however, the clash will certainly be between Europe and America, there are a lot of American users but the Europeans have the Russian community which seems quite active to me, it is not clear whether it is a boast to come first or not in this case.
1920px-Map_of_countries_by_suicide_rate%2C_WHO_%282019%29.svg.png

• Informative
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, etherealspring and GoatHerder
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That's interesting but maybe doesn't take into account that reality may be very different to "official POV". For example people living in the high north are exposed to a lot of darkness in winter months - we actually need sunlight to be able to live healthy from a natural POV. Then there's the Islamic world - I think what peoples believe (and what is indoctrinated) in those regions affects their true believes and what they truly wish for - they can't be open about that without the fear of being harassed or even prosecuted by law. That applies to the whole "Islamic dominated" part of the world.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, Jarni, rozeske and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Europe, wish I didn't exist anywhere at all.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, sancta-simplicitas and a.hamza.13
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
America

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and sancta-simplicitas
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Below is the map based on WHO data from 2019, obviously the more a country is in dark red the more suicidal it is.
Wouldn't that map be based on suicide rates, not how many people from each population are suicidal? Claiming that "dark red = more suicidal" would be wrong since those statistics are likely based on successful suicide attempts, not based on the number of reported cases of suicidal ideation or suicide attempts.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Wouldn't that map be based on suicide rates, not how many people from each population are suicidal? Claiming that "dark red = more suicidal" would be wrong since those statistics are likely based on successful suicide attempts, not based on the number of reported cases of suicidal ideation or suicide attempts.
It's true, but I don't know if there is a map based on attempts or on reporting being suicidal, in the absence of these I would say that this one that only counts successful suicides is fine even if it is a bit dated being from 2019.

One thing that amazes me is that Japan is not doing so badly, it is practically on par with the USA, South Korea is much worse, I wouldn't trust the data from North Korea and Islamic countries too much anyway and in general countries where suicide is illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation

However, for now Europe dominates, I must say.

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
It's true, but I don't know if there is a map based on attempts or on reporting being suicidal, in the absence of these I would say that this one that only counts successful suicides is fine even if it is a bit dated being from 2019.
I know that there aren't any maps for suicide attempts. My point is just that it's a bit (unintentionally) misleading to present the maps as representing how suicidal a population is when it really only looks at successful suicides.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
@Placo you're from Italy? In school do you guys learn that there are five continents or seven (or six)? Here in Canada (and the US) we separate out North and South America but this tends to bristle against the South Americans, who see us all as inhabiting one single "America."

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
@Placo you're from Italy? In school do you guys learn that there are five continents or seven (or six)? Here in Canada (and the US) we separate out North and South America but this tends to bristle against the South Americans, who see us all as inhabiting one single "America."
Now I don't remember exactly but it seems to me that they taught us as separate, let's say that I wanted to unite them for convenience to have 5 continents, also because in this way someone who is in some Central American country would not risk voting wrong, so it should be quite simple to regulate, maybe someone can get confused between Asia and Oceania but for the rest the borders are well defined.

In theory Antarctica is missing but clearly it didn't make much sense to put it in so I preferred to do 5 continents.

This thread also happens right in the Olympic period which has as a symbol the 5 circles representing the 5 continents so also for this reason I wanted to use the 5 scheme.

olimpiadi-genesi.jpg

In this image Russia is considered Asian, as far as the poll is concerned a Russian user can freely decide based on which part of Russia he is located, if he is in Vladivostok it doesn't make much sense for him to vote for Europe.

T

ThisIsMe1357

May 20, 2024
I am from the European Union. Which is far away from South America (which sucks!).

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I was thinking that the forum has few South Korean and Japanese users despite being quite suicidal countries, probably they have their own forums where they can speak in their native language, however we are at 40 votes and Europe is still confirmed in the lead, maybe every now and then I will highlight the thread until the Olympic period lasts (obviously if I don't kill myself first), who knows if we can get to 50 votes to have a good estimate even if I think that from now on the ranking will remain stable like this.

Even few Indians I must say.

Last edited: