Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I fucking hate all the classical french authors they forced us to read in school, especially that one asshole i can't remember the name of who was literally paid by the page, and therefore had so much god damn filler. An entire page describing what's in a minor character's fuckING FRIDGE. OR THE BOOK ABOUT A TREACHEROUS WHORE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A HERO. FRENCH LITERATURE FUCKING BLOWS BALLS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Yay!
  • Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: VirtualSnow, Feeding Pigeons, waitingforrest and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Entire 9th grade English class. It was all Shakespeare plays.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Burner1234, waitingforrest, NumbItAll and 1 other person
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I fucking hate all the classical french authors they forced us to read in school, especially that one asshole i can't remember the name of who was literally paid by the page, and therefore had so much god damn filler. An entire page describing what's in a minor character's fuckING FRIDGE. OR THE BOOK ABOUT A TREACHEROUS WHORE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A HERO. FRENCH LITERATURE FUCKING BLOWS BALLS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I liked les Miserables. The count of Monte Cristo is good, but I hear it sucks after he breaks out of prison.

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Iphigenia in Tauris by Goethe is boring af - he supposedly wrote it in like 1-2 months and it shows.

• Yay!
Reactions: Weebster
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I really hated Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut which I had to read in 9th grade. The book feels like a badly written South Park parody (don't get me wrong, I love South Park but this book feels like it's trying to be them even though they hadn't existed yet) attempting to bluntly shit on both science and religion in a style that felt like it was written by internet trolls even though the internet hadn't existed yet. It wasn't even clever or funny either.

Reactions: waitingforrest
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Entire 9th grade English class. It was all Shakespeare plays.
Yeah I hated Shakespeare as well. Really really don't like their grammar and vocabulary. Also literally every play he wrote except "Midsummer Nights Dream" is a tragedy. Write something else besides Tragedies dude.

• Yay!
Reactions: Burner1234 and NumbItAll
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
Also literally every play he wrote except "Midsummer Nights Dream" is a tragedy. Write something else besides Tragedies dude.
The tragedies loom large in our imagination, partly because they're great and partly because we're exposed to them most in school, but Shakespeare wrote many other plays too. "The Taming of the Shrew," "Much Ado About Nothing," "Twelfth Night," "Love's Labours Lost," "The Tempest," "The Winter's Tale," "The Merchant of Venice"... and I'm not even mentioning the historical plays. He actually wrote more comedies than tragedies.

• Love
Reactions: AtMostOkay, Nolan96 and OctoberDusk
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
All of them. The Iliad, the Odyssey, Johnny Tremain, Wuthering Heights... I took many Fs in English class because I couldn't trudge through hundreds and hundreds of pages of pointless, irritating garbage. I do not like fictional works in general.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Pride and Prejudice bc I don't have a sexy twink like Mr. Darcy to marry me and teleport me to his large estate

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
All of them. The Iliad, the Odyssey, Johnny Tremain, Wuthering Heights... I took many Fs in English class because I couldn't trudge through hundreds and hundreds of pages of pointless, irritating garbage. I do not like fictional works in general.
Why don't you think fiction has value?

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Why don't you think fiction has value?
I'm not saying it is without value, just that I personally don't like it. It's boring and I don't care about made up stories that drag on forever. I also don't like movies.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I'm not saying it is without value, just that I personally don't like it. It's boring and I don't care about made up stories that drag on forever. I also don't like movies.
What do you do with your free time?

B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
I dislike all of Shakespeare's writings. I don't get why everyone likes him so much. He's such a forced meme, even worse when English teachers learn you don't like him "Oh my gosh you don't like Lamespeare? Oh wow oh how bbbaaaaarbbaaaaarrriiiicc of you."

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Wuthering Heights. I read the cliff notes after slogging through a third of the book, and it still made me angry. Name one good, relatable character.