sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Which circle of hell do you think you'd end up in (the ones from Dante's Inferno)? Which one is your favorite? I like the ice one. I already feel frozen and stuck in freeze mode, so I think it's only fitting that I'd belong there.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus and RemainingDubious
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
While I don't believe in hell, I like the two concepts of hell being: a place without god. Constantly reaching out for it but you can't reach it. So probably a place without love and warmth.
And the one I like even more is rather than a den of torture, it's a place of learning. I THINK (could be wrong) there is a belief in SOME sect of Buddhism that teaches their concept of "hell" is a place under the sea that is a place of learning. But this is taking a very liberal approach to the concept.
As for Donte's Inferno, it's been so long since I've read that, I'd have to go back and re-read it to give you a more precise answer. 🤷‍♀️
I also like the Jehovah's Witnesses concept (yes, they are crazy), of annihilation where you are dead in the secular sense. No pain, suffering, pleasure or awareness.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
While I don't believe in hell, I like the two concepts of hell being: a place without god. Constantly reaching out for it but you can't reach it. So probably a place without love and warmth.
And the one I like even more is rather than a den of torture, it's a place of learning. I THINK (could be wrong) there is a belief in SOME sect of Buddhism that teaches their concept of "hell" is a place under the sea that is a place of learning. But this is taking a very liberal approach to the concept.
As for Donte's Inferno, it's been so long since I've read that, I'd have to go back and re-read it to give you a more precise answer. 🤷‍♀️
I also like the Jehovah's Witnesses concept (yes, they are crazy), of annihilation where you are dead in the secular sense. No pain, suffering, pleasure or awareness.
I don't believe in hell either but I just thought that it was an interesting game and thought experiment. Hmm a hell under the sea? I hadn't heard of that. I know about the underworld but I've never heard of one under the sea, only under the ground/earth.

Reactions: Homo erectus
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I probably screwed that up. I also like the concept that hell is a psychological state rather than an ethereal of physical plane or realm.

Maybe I got it confused with this? 🤷‍♀️
'When the average ignorant person makes an assertion to the effect that there is a Hell (patala) under the ocean he is making a statement which is false and without basis."

Interesting, I'll look into that. I heard that there was a wandering plane in Buddhism, that's apparently where suicides go to learn a lesson. Yeah I also think that hell is more of a state of mind rather than a real place.

Reactions: Homo erectus and DarkRange55
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I already feel I am in one.

To be subjected to that kind of physical torture would be interesting tho. I have some experience with pain but not to that extent.

I would prefer to start easy and whenever I get used to one hell put me in the next one so I experience more discomfort each time.

Maybe I learn something from it since I won't be able to leave.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Interesting, I'll look into that. I heard that there was a wandering plane in Buddhism, that's apparently where suicides go to learn a lesson. Yeah I also think that hell is more of a state of mind rather than a real place.
I'm fascinated by the original people that conceived of the idea of an afterlife and if any other species that is capable of recognizing death, can also think of a similar idea.

Watch this. If you're not familiar with TNG, Data is an android. Epic series.

Reactions: sserafim
vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
Bolgia 6 souds lovely actually, I love to walk (when possible I don't use any form of transportation) and walking styled in heavy gilded robes doesn't scare me. How is that even a punishment? 🤔

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
The concepts of afterlife are very much shaped by the cultural and environmental influces. For many desert tribes: paradise is a lush green garden oasis. In some cultures and religions, it's a gold and metal city. For some cults, its an alien spaceship.

Here's a deep dive:

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
Which circle of hell do you think you'd end up in (the ones from Dante's Inferno)? Which one is your favorite? I like the ice one. I already feel frozen and stuck in freeze mode, so I think it's only fitting that I'd belong there.
If what they say is true i'll end up in the 7th (Violence) since that's apparently where those who commit suicide go 🤷🏻 i'm not sure how blasphemy is violent like 🤷🏻

Forever is a mighty long time so i'll attempt to sneak out so i can go thế see Satan and ask him his side of the story.

The side we're told paint him a villain but he sounds like a scapegoat.

Apparently god is racist and Jews are his favourite creation. Then other humans because we have free will. Then it's angels who don't have free will as they were made to serve.

The biblical narrative doesn't make any sense to me.

Why did the most powerful being need servants to help him? Or did he just get bored and want company? Why was Lucifer an archangel if the all knowing being knew he'd rebel?

How was it even possible for Lucifer to rebel when if he was a servant who didn't have free will?

If Satan was jealous of god. Heaven mustn't be paradise if Satan was unhappy there. If Satan wanted us to worship him why would he make people suffer?

It doesn't make any sense

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
If what they say is true i'll end up in the 7th (Violence) since that's apparently where those who commit suicide go 🤷🏻 i'm not sure how blasphemy is violent like 🤷🏻

Forever is a mighty long time so i'll attempt to sneak out so i can go thế see Satan and ask him his side of the story.

The side we're told paint him a villain but he sounds like a scapegoat.

Apparently god is racist and Jews are his favourite creation. Then other humans because we have free will. Then it's angels who don't have free will as they were made to serve.

The biblical narrative doesn't make any sense to me.

Why did the most powerful being need servants to help him? Or did he just get bored and want company? Why was Lucifer an archangel if the all knowing being knew he'd rebel?

How was it even possible for Lucifer to rebel when if he was a servant who didn't have free will?

If Satan was jealous of god. Heaven mustn't be paradise if Satan was unhappy there. If Satan wanted us to worship him why would he make people suffer?

It doesn't make any sense
It doesn't make any sense cuz none of it is real lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Homo erectus and RemainingDubious
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
It doesn't make any sense cuz none of it is real lol
i personally think they'll be some kinda truth to it. Energy doesn't magically appear. The source of all energy can't be pure good.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
i personally think they'll be some kinda truth to it. Energy doesn't magically appear. The source of all energy can't be pure good.
I think that prison planet theory is more likely. Basically, we're all eternal souls trapped on earth (prison world created by the demiurge)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think that prison planet theory is more likely. Basically, we're all eternal souls trapped on earth (the prison and a world created by the demiurge)

Yes, there are layers of higher power. The lower rulers are only slightly more powerful. They can't completely control all earthly prisoners, and have to use deception and hoard resources. The very high powers don't care too much about lowly lives, unless they are causing troubles, such as nuclear war.

• Informative
Reactions: RemainingDubious and sserafim
Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

No Future For Democracy
Feb 22, 2024
Limbo

Reactions: RemainingDubious, sserafim and Homo erectus
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Probably 5 or 6 (Anger and Heresy respectively) if I were to guess.

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
I think that prison planet theory is more likely. Basically, we're all eternal souls trapped on earth (the prison and a world created by the demiurge)
i'd never heard of the demiurge before but that information does make sense

IMG 9819

When the other gospel say Barabus was freed why don't they name him properly?

IMG 9820

Jesus was a common name, so when they talk about Jesus was crucified could it have been the other Jesus? 🤔

• Informative
B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
I read Dantes Inferno before and there is a specific layer dedicated to people, who commit suicide. It is located in the 7th ring and people are turned into trees and other plants, who are then torn apart by harpies. Unless you commit sodomy (third layer of the 7th ring), fraud (8th ring) or treachery (9th ring), that's where you'll probably end up in.

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I read Dantes Inferno before and there is a specific layer dedicated to people, who commit suicide. It is located in the 7th ring and people are turned into trees and other plants, who are then torn apart by harpies. Unless you commit sodomy (third layer of the 7th ring), fraud (8th ring) or treachery (9th ring), that's where you'll probably end up in.
Plants don't have nerve endings lol. It's ridiculous

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim