N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have an irrrational fear of spiders. Even harmless ones. One of my friend did not like I killed one in my apartment when we met.

I am anxious concerning dogs. I think I have learned that by my mom. Not sure but I think she was bitten by one. Or I confuse her with Angela Merkel. Because this is the reason why she is anxious of dogs.

Due to the fact a lot of sick shit happened to me. Even things that are unlikely I am more sceptical towars animals. If they rampaged they could hurt me. It is unlikely but I don't know much about the behavior of animals and I had a lot of unluck with other beings. Though mostly humans.

But the main reasons why I don't have pets are. I don't want to have the responsibility to care for another sentient being and pets cost money. I think they can ease loneliness but personally I did not really benefit from them. I rather have a guilty conscience because my family did not care enough about our former pets.

To add one thing: Dogs are not the most scary animals there exist for me. But they are the ones I see the most which can scare me.

achromatic

achromatic

hedgehog dilemma
Oct 18, 2022
Humans, duh

• Yay!
Reactions: I wish I were a cat, CatLover, niiina and 14 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Humans, duh
You can at least sue them if they attack you. And it must have been a long time since one of them bit me. But I get your point.

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep, heavyeyes and achromatic
universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
Dinosaurs. I know it doesn't exist anymore and that I didn't know this period but these animals terrify me. Just knowing that the Earth, the universe could create or allow this kind of creature to exist scares me.

But otherwise the crocodiles: very aggressive and dangerous. Invisible in water, they run super fast on land.

Reactions: Ashu, heavyeyes, LivideLamb and 3 others
Blondi

Blondi

Iš Lietuvos
Feb 2, 2021
Animals that could hurt me ( snakes , lions , tigers , hippos , etc)

Reactions: Ashu, LivideLamb and Shivali
dtjb

dtjb

The Obsolete
Apr 27, 2022
Dinosaurs. I know it doesn't exist anymore and that I didn't know this period but these animals terrify me. Just knowing that the Earth, the universe could create or allow this kind of creature to exist scares me.

But otherwise the crocodiles: very aggressive and dangerous. Invisible in water, they run super fast on land.
^These for sure. Used to have nightmares about dinosaurs when I was young despite knowing that they were extinct. I think Jurassic Park warped my mind lol. Crocs are terrifying as well.

I hate and am scared of pretty much all bugs and rodents. I legit run from bees in the street lol.

And embarrassingly, pigeons. I never used to be scared of them but in HS, a girl I used to walk with was terrified of them and her habit of running from them rubbed off on me.

I used to be more scared of dogs when I was younger. Had some bad experiences being chased by aggressive rottweilers. But now I spend a lot of time with my friend's dogs and they're so cute, it's warmed my feelings towards dogs generally.

...It might have been shorter to list what animals I'm *not* afraid of lol.

Reactions: heavyeyes, LivideLamb and universe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess that many animals are very scary. It sounds like a horrifying way to die being eaten by an animal. Sharks and crocodiles are very frightening as well as bears and tigers. It's disturbing how most animals have to kill in order to survive, but after all this is inevitable.

Reactions: Un-, heavyeyes, LivideLamb and 3 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Most, if not all, insects, and arachnids too. Freaky things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, heavyeyes and LivideLamb
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Sharks, but in a way that I love. Just looking at a shark gives me this great frisson. Horses are also pretty formidable.

Reactions: manukahoney, heavyeyes and LivideLamb
W

wrong_f-ing_planet

Nov 21, 2020
Humans and chimpanzees. Humans are needlessly cruel. Chimpanzees will eat your face.

Reactions: heavyeyes, LivideLamb, Shivali and 1 other person
D

Dying Failure

Oct 9, 2022
Dogs as I've been severely bitten by one and no one helped me until after it happened. Worst ptsd ive ever had compared to one other thing that causes my ptsd to suffice.

• Aww..
Reactions: heavyeyes and lachrymost
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Those who approach me.
//
Els que se m'apropen.

Reactions: heavyeyes
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Any animal that I can't out run, out fight, out swim, or climb a tree to escape it. An animal that has the ways and means to give me an agonizing death by dismemberment, envenoming me, or crushing me, or beating me to death. Ant animal that can resist my arsenal of firearms. Try shooting an elephant, hippo,tiger or lion with a 22cal round! When the animal gets pissed office and then goes after you, I'll make sure your screaming is noted and recorded for posterity. 😂

Last edited:
Shivali

Shivali

Mage
Jun 9, 2022
For me all animals are completely innocent. Of course I would be afraid to end up with my head in a tigers mouth but that's nothing personal. A person hurts you for personal reasons and that's the thing that really scares me ...

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and heavyeyes
universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
^These for sure. Used to have nightmares about dinosaurs when I was young despite knowing that they were extinct. I think Jurassic Park warped my mind lol. Crocs are terrifying as well.

I hate and am scared of pretty much all bugs and rodents. I legit run from bees in the street lol.

And embarrassingly, pigeons. I never used to be scared of them but in HS, a girl I used to walk with was terrified of them and her habit of running from them rubbed off on me.

I used to be more scared of dogs when I was younger. Had some bad experiences being chased by aggressive rottweilers. But now I spend a lot of time with my friend's dogs and they're so cute, it's warmed my feelings towards dogs generally.

...It might have been shorter to list what animals I'm *not* afraid of lol.
Jurassic Park is for me a real horror ending, I don't like it at all. I think I watched a few clips but I never really wanted to watch the whole movies seriously.
I was also very afraid of dogs when I was a child, the fact that they are everywhere does not help. Even today, I still keep my distance from it.

Reactions: heavyeyes and almaranthine
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Untrained/badly trained dogs are legitimately terrifying. There are way too many stories of larger dogs that flip out and maul their owners in the US. I am always distrustful of stranger's dogs. So many people are just really shit at taking care of them too. My mom's neighbor has some kind of lab mix and I lived there on/off for years and I have never seen those people walk that dog once.
Wild boars scare the hell out of me. Also bats. I'm not literally scared of the bat itself, but the way they fly at you is freaky and always catches me off guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, heavyeyes, jandek and 1 other person
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
Definitely chimpanzees, or any kind of monkey. The fact that a gorilla could crush you if it wanted to is terrifying.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, heavyeyes and universe
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
I usually don't care about arachnids like scorpions or spiders, but huntsmen scare the hell out of me. It's the way they bounce and move around that gets me. good thing i didn't know about them when i was a kid and actually lived in a place where i could have found them lol

fuck this shit

• Wow
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
The ones that fly and sting.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
MOZZIES. That buzzing sound just grates on my ears, and the itch isn't even the worst part. The fear of contracting some mosquito-borne disease makes my hair stand on end. Not only that, but it's also possible for you to be infected with the same disease more than once in your lifetime.

But the bloody buggers are so hard to kill. And there are just too many of them. One down, another to go. Another one, and another one. What's worse, some have even evolved to be able to penetrate thick clothing.

Chironius scurrulus yasuni cropped with mosquitoes

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm wary around dogs too because my uncle had a really intimidating one that would snarl, growl and bite (you would have to keep your hands in your pockets and try not to look afraid- yeah- right.) Wasn't the dogs fault. He was ill. Plus, my cousin got bitten in the face by another dog- again- not the dogs fault or my cousins- he was a child. The dogs owner was poorly and the dog seemed to sense this and became very protective. When my cousin ran to him, the dog went for him. Feel so stupid because most people's reactions to dogs is to go all gooey and pet them whereas I tend to freeze.

Honestly, I love animals but I think I'd be scared of just about anything that looked angry.

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I'd be scared of any large predator if I had to face them of course but the firsts ones that comes in mind are chimpanzees, gorillas, centipedes and arachnids are not my cup of tea either they're kinda freaky lol

Domimi

Domimi

End of all hope
Apr 20, 2020
Idk, anything that doesn't kill you quick I guess? Chimpanzees, wild dogs and pigs, poisonous/venomous animals (these who make you go through excruciating pain and make you wish you were bitten by a jaguar instead lol like huge centipedes, rays, some snakes, some spiders, etc.) come to mind.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Spiders mostly. They just are creepy to me. A bunch of others I'd rather not encounter (sharks, snakes, wolves, etc) but they don't have the creep factor like spiders, snakes do come in a close second.

flightless bird

flightless bird

somewhere over the rainbow
Aug 18, 2022
Flying roaches, crane flies, large house flies, bees, house centipedes, large spiders, crabs, piranhas, all fast-moving bugs.