Which adjectives do you associate the most with the word "suicide"?

• Tragic

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sad

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Relieving

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peaceful

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Free

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Anxious

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Careful

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Frightening

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Fantastic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I certainly don't think suicide is cool. But I have it as possible answer. I give you 3 possible answers.

Honestly I could have given so many more adjectives.
My choices are: sad, relieving and anxious

Especially the ambivalence of anxiety and a desire for a pain relief captures my relation with suicide quite well.

Here are some more adjectives one could associate with suicide: prohibited, happy, honerable, depressive, imprisoned, hopeful (damn this would have been another good word on the list), ideal, illegal, impulsive, respectable, isolated, controversial, envious, personal, torurous/tormenting, theoretical, sympathetic, ultimate, forever, utopian, warm, cold, dignified, (colors are no adjective sadly), temporary, harmful

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
For me personally right now suicide feels inaccessible because after all we exist in such an anti-suicide society where humans wish to prolong suffering no matter what. But if methods like Nembutal became accessible suicide would be very relieving and freeing.

Reactions: Annon100, Lost in a Dream, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
There's no jealous, lol.
I'd use jealous in the context that I havent CTB's yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Self-determining I'd say would be something I associate with it strongly. The motivation to do it can be all sorts- sadness, desperation, the desire for freedom. Still- the act itself is a very strong one to take control of a situation that doesn't seem to have a better alternative.

I chose tragic, relieving and free though. I think to us- we can see it as a bid for freedom but to others- I think they mainly view it as tragic and really- it is. For whatever reason- that person didn't get the chance to experience a happy life. People clearly do live reasonably happy lives- or- we'd have more suicides! Of course it's sad that that potential was lost.

trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
Tragic, sad and free. Tragic because it's always tragic that people feel so bad they don't have any other options than suicide. And because suicide doesn't only affect the person who dies, it affects everyone who loved them.

Sad, pretty much the same reasoning as above.

Free because you'll finally be free from the pain.

• Love