H

hiddenbpd

✌🏼
Oct 19, 2022
I'm struggling to push SI out of my way in order to ctb, so I had to get rid of my planned date 🙄. I was using the date as a way to cope, by thinking that I just had to make it to then and I'd be free.
But since that's not happening, I've fallen back to self harm. Anyone have any creative ideas on where/how to do it so it won't be seen? People can't know how poorly I'm doing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashu and donealready
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Having a "planned date" can provide a sense of relief, but it also can enable a lack of attention to things in your environment that can make things worse through neglect. Self-harm can be another coping strategy that provides a feeling of control that is short lived because causative problems are not being addressed.

Recovery may be aided by experimenting (even in small ways) with strategies that an give you actual control while also giving you a feeling of control.

Reactions: hiddenbpd
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I always self harmed on my thighs, my shoulders, my torso - places that are usually covered by clothes. The scars suck really badly though. You run out of room eventually. Not worth it but if it's what you need to feel better I definitely understand that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashu, donealready, Un- and 2 others
H

hiddenbpd

✌🏼
Oct 19, 2022
Having a "planned date" can provide a sense of relief, but it also can enable a lack of attention to things in your environment that can make things worse through neglect. Self-harm can be another coping strategy that provides a feeling of control that is short lived because causative problems are not being addressed.

Recovery may be aided by experimenting (even in small ways) with strategies that an give you actual control while also giving you a feeling of control.
You're right. I should aim towards that. It's evident that lack of control bothers me and I end up going unhealthy routes to gain control.

Reactions: Ashu, donealready and deathbylife
deathbylife

deathbylife

going to die soon no one cares
Jun 21, 2022
You're right. I should aim towards that. It's evident that lack of control bothers me and I end up going unhealthy routes to gain control.
I feel you. Scars everywhere.

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready, Un- and hiddenbpd
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
It sounds weird, but a few moments it helps me, that I do exact the movement I do while self harm but without a knife. And then maybe care for the "wound".

Sometimes I do it on the top of my feet. Nobody see it, but I feel it. But healing is worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: deathbylife, hiddenbpd and donealready