• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

kindawannacrylol

kindawannacrylol

Student
Jan 13, 2021
Where should I put my note? I was thinking of posting it on my social media? Or maybe just leaving it on the floor next to my body?

The reason for posting it on social media is really just so my closest friends will be able to find some closure rather than just wondering why I did it. Or do I send it directly to the people I want to see it?

• Aww..
Reactions: Euthanza and TheDoomedDoomer
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
I would advise keeping it away from your body as most police departments, coroner's and medical examiner's offices will seize it as evidence.

Some departments such as the NYC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Orleans Parish Coroner, and the Montgomery County Coroner do not release suicide letters, even to kin.

That's one of the reasons I'll be dropping my letters in a mailbox prior to CTBing.

Here's an article to a case that made major headlines awhile back.

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Euthanza, lionetta12 and 1 other person
SiroccoSousse

SiroccoSousse

Jun 25, 2022
I would at the very least have a physical copy by your body for whoever finds you. Depending on what social media platform you use, you can schedule a message to be sent at a certain time, but email is probably the easiest. Just be careful you don't accidentally send something that you can't take back, and that you give yourself enough time to delete any scheduled messages in the event that you don't go through with it.
Personally I don't like the idea of a datamining company like Google analyzing something as personal as a suicide note, so I would use Proton or a similarly privacy-centric service if I was in your shoes. I also recently signed up for an online streaming service and shared the credentials to some close friends and family, with the ulterior motive of being able to encrypt any sensitive information that I send to them with that password.
I would advise keeping it away from your body as most police departments, coroner's and medical examiner's offices will seize it as evidence.

Some departments such as the NYC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Orleans Parish Coroner, and the Montgomery County Coroner do not release suicide letters, even to kin.

That's one of the reasons I'll be dropping my letters in a mailbox prior to CTBing.

I didn't know this at all, I'm glad you chimed in. I'll have to re-think how I'm going to do things... That's such shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: UnwaveringFire, Forever Sleep and not-2-b-the-answer
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
I didn't know this at all, I'm glad you chimed in. I'll have to re-think how I'm going to do things... That's such shit.
It really is a load of BS.

The NYC medical examiner's office released a statement along the lines that the next of kin have zero claim to such evidence... It made me infuriated.

I'll search for that and link it to this thread when I find it.

Reactions: Cathy Ames, Euthanza and not-2-b-the-answer
SiroccoSousse

SiroccoSousse

Jun 25, 2022
I did a little digging and it sounds like your note is more likely to end up in the right hands if the police are able to figure out pretty quickly it was a suicide and not a homicide... Though that still means you have to put your faith in law enforcement :/

• Aww..
Reactions: Euthanza and not-2-b-the-answer
slushy

slushy

Feb 19, 2022

Wow, I had no idea about this. That's horrible. Thanks for letting us know

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
If it is important for you to leave a message for certain people, I'd suggest sending it directly to them via whatever means you find convenient, be it old-fashioned pen-and-paper letter in a mailbox, or a delayed email. This way you'll make sure the ones you want to read the note will actually be able to access it (a public social media post, for example, is fairly likely to be reported and removed, maybe even before anyone who matters reads it), and you will also make sure that the ones you do not want to see your note will not see it. Also, this will allow you to personalize the message to people you want to say something to, rather then just leaving one generic explanation behind.

Reactions: Euthanza
N

Nolife62

Aug 23, 2022
Where should I put my note? I was thinking of posting it on my social media? Or maybe just leaving it on the floor next to my body?

The reason for posting it on social media is really just so my closest friends will be able to find some closure rather than just wondering why I did it. Or do I send it directly to the people I want to see it?
Another option, if they are close friends, sit them down and have a conversation with them. Tell them it's not definite (you tell them this so they don't panic and call 911)
Tell them how you feel and that you're not asking for their permission but you love them enough to settle any questions and remove any possible guilty feelings because they shouldn't have any because there was nothing they could do. Also tell them to be happy for you because your suffering has ended.

Reactions: nightshade00
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I'll be sending it throw a scheduled email on gmail, I tested it with my own mail and it seems to be working just fine

Reactions: GrumpyFrog and Euthanza
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It really is a load of BS.

The NYC medical examiner's office released a statement along the lines that the next of kin have zero claim to such evidence... It made me infuriated.

I'll search for that and link it to this thread when I find it.
I've seen this in comments a couple of times now. It really never even crossed my mind they would do this. Do you suppose they at least make a copy and give this to the family? I can kind of understand if they needed to keep the original- if the death looked in anyway suspicious but it seems so cruel to withhold a person's last words to their loved ones. I'd have to set up a delayed email to alert authorities if I ever do ctb but I think I'd want to hand write notes to leave behind and I definitely wouldn't post them incase the attempt failed.

F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
I've seen this in comments a couple of times now. It really never even crossed my mind they would do this. Do you suppose they at least make a copy and give this to the family? I can kind of understand if they needed to keep the original- if the death looked in anyway suspicious but it seems so cruel to withhold a person's last words to their loved ones. I'd have to set up a delayed email to alert authorities if I ever do ctb but I think I'd want to hand write notes to leave behind and I definitely wouldn't post them incase the attempt failed.

Cops don't care. When my friend killed herself ( I knew she would and I mentally prepared every day for it) she had apparently left a note and I was called as well as her family because we were in the note with our numbers to contact. The cops told us she had said a lot about us but that we had no right to hear what she said because it's evidence and that evidence is confidential, and we apparently were acting "entitled" because we wanted to know what she said.

Lovely, isn't it?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Cops don't care. When my friend killed herself ( I knew she would and I mentally prepared every day for it) she had apparently left a note and I was called as well as her family because we were in the note with our numbers to contact. The cops told us she had said a lot about us but that we had no right to hear what she said because it's evidence and that evidence is confidential, and we apparently were acting "entitled" because we wanted to know what she said.

Lovely, isn't it?
That's terrible. Did they ever tell you? I can sort of understand it might need to be kept confidential while they investigated for any foul play but after that- That's just cruel to the family. Stupidly, I thought they'd show sympathy to the family for their loss. I guess suicide is so stigmatised- sounds like the family ends up being punished too.

'Entitled'- How ridiculous. You ARE entitled to know your loved ones dying words. How would they like it if they weren't allowed to be with their loved ones in their final moments? (Obviously, there are heartbreaking exceptions when I suppose this isn't possible- the recent covid business included).

Sadly, I suspect most suicides have to be conducted alone- it's really the only way to say 'goodbye' left. I suspect a lot of people don't tell people they intend to do it. The world just seems so insensitive and insane. I'm sorry about your friend.

Reactions: Funeralprincess
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022

I'd be scared to be rescued into a vegetable if I posted my letter publicly. I warned everyone I know that I'm grateful if something happens to me. I got hit by a car so I could pretend it was just paranoia... But later admitted to wish to die. They had the chance to see me but no one come to bring food to me as I don't dare to leave my home... I asked a friend to invite me to motivate me overcome agoraphobia... They refused...

I have no real friends offline. Probably never had. I never could just call someone to go for a movie or sushi with me. Then they call me negative.

I'm tempted to roll the explanation paper and shove it up my ass. Let the autopsy reveal the mystery 😆

F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
That's terrible. Did they ever tell you? I can sort of understand it might need to be kept confidential while they investigated for any foul play but after that- That's just cruel to the family. Stupidly, I thought they'd show sympathy to the family for their loss. I guess suicide is so stigmatised- sounds like the family ends up being punished too.

'Entitled'- How ridiculous. You ARE entitled to know your loved ones dying words. How would they like it if they weren't allowed to be with their loved ones in their final moments? (Obviously, there are heartbreaking exceptions when I suppose this isn't possible- the recent covid business included).

Sadly, I suspect most suicides have to be conducted alone- it's really the only way to say 'goodbye' left. I suspect a lot of people don't tell people they intend to do it. The world just seems so insensitive and insane. I'm sorry about your friend.
No they never told us even after they ruled it out to be suicide.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cathy Ames
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No they never told us even after they ruled it out to be suicide.
That's so bad. Never would have thought they would be so callous. Guess a delayed email is a better bet but seems less personal than a hand written letter.

Reactions: Funeralprincess