• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

butterfly000

butterfly000

I want freedom
Jan 6, 2024
Pro-lifers always claim that this forum is full of suicide encouragement. Where do they get this idea from? I've been on this forum for some time and everyone here seems to be pro-choice. When people say suicide encouragement I imagine it refers to something like when someone vents about their struggles and people tell them the solution is to ctb or when someone expresses they want to ctb and people say it's the correct thing to do. This almost never happens here and if it does the mods take care of it. Are pro-lifers just making stuff up?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RainAndSadness, Homo erectus, pebpebpebpeb and 11 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
The gutter press mainly.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Valky, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
D

Dutch1986

-
Jan 25, 2024
A lot of them see pro-choice as pro-suicide, others just repeat what they hear

• Informative
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, EvisceratedJester, pthnrdnojvsc and 11 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Apparantly "wishing someone peace" is encouraging suicide, if you are to read the news articles

Reactions: RainAndSadness, R_N, pthnrdnojvsc and 9 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
According to people like that anything which isn't "you need help, just get help, suicide isn't the answer, there is hope for everyone" is suicide encouragement. Those pro-lifers are severely deluded, it's best to take no notice of them and their lies. All they want to do is make it so people suffer for as long as possible with no peaceful way to escape from this existence. They are obsessed with prolonging the suffering of others so they see anything that supports the fact that it's a personal choice whether to continue existing or not as "encouragement".

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Anon1337, Redleaf1992 and 7 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Anything other than "don't do it" is encouragement to them.

Reactions: R_N, EvisceratedJester, pthnrdnojvsc and 10 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
A researcher downloaded 700,000 comments and found NO ONE telling anyone to kill themselves

Thanks to mods, and members hitting the report button

This was a master's thesis paper in informatics (like compsci), reviewed by professors

• Informative
Reactions: 3/4Dead, RainAndSadness, Kawaii_Shoujo215 and 3 others
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
They make up stuff and are dishonest, do not look into it properly or they conflate anything that isn't explicitely anti-suicide as pro-suicide.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Anon1337, reclaimedbynature and 5 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Encouraging someone to CTB is illegal in lots of places too.

The media just likes to make stuff up the time.

Reactions: Anon1337, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and butterfly000
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
According to pro lifers, if you aren't actively trying to prevent others from killing themselves or aren't preaching about how they shouldn't die due to how beautiful life is and the beauties of being a human being etc, you are encouraging suicide. This is the unfortunate state of our society right now

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Rogue Proxy, xhelx and 8 others
butterfly000

butterfly000

I want freedom
Jan 6, 2024
According to pro lifers, if you aren't actively trying to prevent others from killing themselves or aren't preaching about how they shouldn't die due to how beautiful life is and the beauties of being a human being etc, you are encouraging suicide. This is the unfortunate state of our society right now
Yeah, it's unfortunate that society is like that. I'm afraid the majority of people will always be like that, because there is an evolutionary purpose to wanting to prevent the death of others. At least we have this community though.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
L

Let Me Go

Jan 12, 2024
It seems like they label people as either pro life or not and since most here are not pro life, we must be pro suicide? Maybe they don't have a better term to use. But I have not seen suicide encouragement here. I have seen compassion, support and understanding in this community which is more like pro choice to me. Or maybe it's some of the sticky threads causing them to generally label the site as pro suicide. Who knows. Or maybe since users can ask questions about methods, techniques, etc… might lead them to think this is pro suicide. I can see that. Although I haven't seen any actual encouragement of the act of suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Linda and reclaimedbynature
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think basically, they don't like anything which says it's an acceptable decision to make. While this forum doesn't push people to do it, it may not talk them out of it- which I think is what they want. I'd argue though that if someone is clearly unsure- the push is very often for them to consider revovery.

I don't actually know what pro-lifers think it will achieve to either prohibit talk of suicide at all or, just white wash over people's clearly very serious problems with platitudes. Or- refer them to helplines or therapy. Which would be fine if they worked but I'd imagine it is in fact only a small minority of people here who haven't already tried things like that. That clearly points to them not working. They ought to be focusing on that- surely?

Reactions: Linda and ijustwishtodie
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Pro-lifers may not understand us

Reactions: Linda and tbroken
L

LifelessStranger

Will be gone 'till the fall
Mar 6, 2024
Lmao, this site literally prohibits the encouragement. Ctb should be a persons ABSOLUTELY own decision. You should realize by yourself that you really see this world as something you don't want to be a part of. Succesfully encouraging someone to ctb is practically a murder. Prove me wrong if you disagree.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Always has seemed to me like members on here are generally open minded about suicide. Folk don't get told to kill themselves, they don't get told not to. They're just treated as grown ups with minds and choices of their own. There's even a Recovery section to which I've often seen members referred. But, as the old saying goes, "when you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail". And, that seems to be a typical pro life stance. Anything short of, "Pull yourself together and think positive" is pro suicide in their eyes.

Reactions: Linda
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Any and everything that doesn't echo anti suicide is considered encouragement in their eyes.

Reactions: Linda
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think there is a tendency of mainstream media to be either/or. If you are not A, you are anti-A. If you are not pro-life (anti-suicide), you are against life and pro- (encouraging) suicide.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature