Cucumberman

Cucumberman

Apr 2, 2023
I can't understand what I'm feeling now. I feel empty, I'm totally wasted, and yet I have this sense of nostalgic "longing for a home". My heart keeps on asking where is "home".. I'm not even sure how to define exactly what it is. What exactly am I looking for?.. I'm living with my family, my relationship with everyone is ok, yet its different from what ny heart perceives as "home". Is anyone else feeling like this?. The more that I can't understand, the emptier I feel day by day.. I want to recover but it seems that finding this "home" is the only way. I'm sorry if this really sounds weird..

Reactions: kvheeo
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
It doesn't :) and even if, your feelings are completely valid.

'Home' is somewhere where your heart belongs. Where you feel comfortable and safe. A safe space basically.

Now that can be anything and also multiple things at the same time. It is more than normal to crave the feeling of 'home'. I am sure you will also find your home. Keep looking and you will find it <3

• Love
Reactions: Cucumberman
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
We all have images of "home" from TV and movies. It is perhaps why there are so many movies centered around Christmas. It might also be behind the attractiveness of utopia and Shangri-la. This mental image can be fostered such that one's regular life begins to pale in comparison.

The expression, "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" may also come to bear here. Many divorce their wives only to find that their new life is less satisfying than their old one.One has to be careful that the power of imagination does not harm present reality.

• Love
Reactions: Cucumberman