G

GrantMyWish

Aug 3, 2019
I want to ask those people that are ready to die anytime if needed or have already set a date for their death day.where do you get the courage from?????i want to die badly but fear is preventing it.i dont even care what my family will feel if i ctb(sorry im selfish)..FEAR Help me please guys

Reactions: iinner, Kjo, Notcutoutforlife and 3 others
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Not to take the wind outta your question but
- Just cuz someone's got a fixed plan/date doesn't mean he or she has licked SI.

• Love
Reactions: Kjo
Talpa

Talpa

Jul 22, 2019
It's not really courage on my part, the suffering of being alive is just greater than the survival instinct and overrides it.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, iinner, Ready124 and 4 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
You need to be in the right mind set, you have to have mentally prepared yourself and reassured yourself that this is the right path for you and you alone, SI isn't something that can be snapped out of but it can be pushed to one side enough to enable you to get to that point of just doing it.

Reactions: Élégie, iinner, throwaway123 and 2 others
FF777

FF777

Death is a natural part of life..
Jul 21, 2019
Like @Talpa said, being able to follow through with ctb doesn't necessarily always mean you are a courageous person (although some degree of courage is required to varying extents, it just depends on the particular situation).. For many people their life's burdens, pain, suffering, etc, have reached a point to where ctb starts becoming the path of least resistance.. It is like asking some one "How do you have so much courage to jump out from a plane?" when the plane is on fire..

Reactions: Mich517, iinner, Ready124 and 4 others
D

DoneWithThis

Student
Jul 20, 2019
I find this thread correlates with the thread about if theirs any drugs to prevent/remove survival instinct. Even if we''re exhausted of this existence. Even do we might not anything to do with anything anymore. I don' t think theirs any way to remove the fear. Especially, being fear of the unknown. It might take massive amounts of courage to Ctb. But I don't think theirs anything you can do to make the fear disappear. It sounds nice. It's chasing an idea. But it doesn' t seem that realistic. Unfortunately.

I do think their comes a time. A person rather not be here. Rather not exist. Than being here. That the not being here whatever that means. Far outweighs the being here.

And everyone's plans to Ctb are different. Some seem more elegant and organized. Some seem more impulsive and desperate. But I don't think theirs any way around the fear, or any way to avoid it. It's more of a, going through it, jumping from the window, because it's better than being in the burning building. Of knowing and accepting that you're going to die, whether it's in twenty years from now, or tomorrow getting hit by a bus. And that you've just had enough of this world, and you want out.

Reactions: Mbound and throwaway123
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I think about who I was, who I consider myself to really be, or you could consider at least who you'd like to be. I think if that person got dealt this hand, they'd pick the best option to deal with it.

Reactions: DoneWithThis
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Like @Talpa said, being able to follow through with ctb doesn't necessarily always mean you are a courageous person (although some degree of courage is required to varying extents, it just depends on the particular situation).. For many people their life's burdens, pain, suffering, etc, have reached a point to where ctb starts becoming the path of least resistance.. It is like asking some one "How do you have so much courage to jump out from a plane?" when the plane is on fire..
Nicely put.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would say that when my suffering has exceeded my coping, then I know suicide is more favorable than staying alive. As far as getting the push, I suppose my resentment and anger towards society as well as those who have screwed me over in some way helps add suicide fuel. Then also knowing that from science and concrete evidence of the method that I am choosing to CTB with is reliable, quick, and painless (when done right), it brings me the courage that soon, if not, someday, it will all be over. No more injustice, suffering, bullshit, anything really, just nothingness.

• Hugs
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway123 and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
The courage of which you speak, for me, came from making peace with my choice. I knew the day before my mind was made up. I slept well, woke up very calm, almost serene and did what I set out to do. But it took me a long time to make that choice and to be at peace with it. If you have the slightest of doubt in your mind, its ok, dont do anything. Its not a race and you have nothing to prove to anyone.

Reactions: Mbound, throwaway123, DoneWithThis and 1 other person
oneirogen

oneirogen

Mar 22, 2019
The knowledge that death is an experience EVERYONE goes through, whether brought about intentionally or not. By CTB-ing and controlling my own death I may be sparing myself from an otherwise horrific and unpredictable death.

Reactions: Élégie, iinner, Mbound and 2 others
W

wanttodie.nz

Student
Jul 24, 2019
The courage of which you speak, for me, came from making peace with my choice. I knew the day before my mind was made up. I slept well, woke up very calm, almost serene and did what I set out to do. But it took me a long time to make that choice and to be at peace with it. If you have the slightest of doubt in your mind, its ok, dont do anything. Its not a race and you have nothing to prove to anyone.
No disrespect but why are you still here if you are at peace with it?

E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
I don't really have the courage . I am just looking for a painless death .

• Aww..
Reactions: iinner
LifeOver

LifeOver

Professional Suicide Attempter
Jul 23, 2019
In truth, most people here lack courage or they would have already ctb, even with an extremely painful method if necessary. We are here to find painless methods to soften our fear. The only exception, of course, are those who tried but unfortunately failed an attempt.

V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Simply because living is worse than dying. I am here just to have fun until the very last day.

• Love
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner and blanketyblk
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I agree with what the others said. There comes a time when the terrors of life exceed the terrors of death and that's when you do it. A good analogy is the burning building. People don't want to get burned slowly so they'll jump. It's just the path of least resistance.
I don't think there's much courage involved. It's more like desperation and knowing it's over when it's over.

Reactions: Ramirez, Soulless_Angel and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals