thorsve

thorsve

Aug 2, 2022
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and having a hard time figuring out what everything means when people use shortenings. Could somebody help me?
T

Reactions: Endex
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
@thorsve

You can find them on the megathreads.

Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
I imagine most people didn't know what they stood for when first on this site, I didn't have a clue personally. The more you read on here the more knowledge you might gain. People have mentioned the full words when posting messages otherwise I would still be in the dark myself. S.I. Is short for Survival Instinct, don't think I can be band for saying this, can I? Your not allowed to mention a company or individual where you can acquire a product. Just have a good read and you'll work it out.

mindcancer

mindcancer

Mar 27, 2021
I imagine most people didn't know what they stood for when first on this site, I didn't have a clue personally. The more you read on here the more knowledge you might gain. People have mentioned the full words when posting messages otherwise I would still be in the dark myself. S.I. Is short for Survival Instinct, don't think I can be band for saying this, can I? Your not allowed to mention a company or individual where you can acquire a product. Just have a good read and you'll work it out.
Banned for it? That would be utmost hilarious.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Sure, someone can read through all of the Megathreads and the Rules, and they should, to find out what all of the acronyms mean. Honestly, though, I don't see an issue with telling people what they mean when asked outright. I mean, come on? They're asking a question to gain knowledge. That's the way things should work. Googling the acronyms can help, too.

CTB = Catch The Bus

Reactions: lionetta12 and Endex
thorsve

thorsve

Aug 2, 2022
Sure, someone can read through all of the Megathreads and the Rules, and they should, to find out what all of the acronyms mean. Honestly, though, I don't see an issue with telling people what they mean when asked outright. I mean, come on? They're asking a question to gain knowledge. That's the way things should work. Googling the acronyms can help, too.

CTB = Catch The Bus
Thanks for that, there is a lot of acronyms and I just want to have the list. I found it when I first visited the site but have tried looking for it and still can't find it.

Reactions: Endex
want2dienow

want2dienow

Atari hazure?
Jul 24, 2022
N = Nembutal
SI = Survival Instinct
SN = Sodium Nitrite
CTB = Catch the Bus (to suicide)
D = The source of SN, N, etc?
Is Simply referred to as 'D'

Reactions: misophoned, rationaltake, lionetta12 and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
D = The source of SN, N, etc? Is Simply referred to as 'D'
D is NOT the source of SN.
Thanks for that, there is a lot of acronyms and I just want to have the list. I found it when I first visited the site but have tried looking for it and still can't find it.
the-sanctioned-suicide-forum-guide Look about 1/4 way down the page. You may want to bookmark the guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake and thorsve
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
N = Nembutal
SI = Survival Instinct
SN = Sodium Nitrite
CTB = Catch the Bus (to suicide)
D = The source of SN, N, etc?
Is Simply referred to as 'D'
I was confused about a lot of these and the meaning as well, but after reading a lot of the threads it was easier to eventuallt guess what they meant. But never understood what CTB meant until now so thank you!

Reactions: thorsve
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
the-sanctioned-suicide-forum-guide Look about 1/4 way down the page. You may want to bookmark the guide.
Thanks. I read this ages ago but I couldn't find it again.

The link on using Xenforo is great. I couldn't work out how to post images but I just followed the instructions and hey presto!

20180328-lightbulb-moment.jpg

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Thanks. I read this ages ago but I couldn't find it again.

The link on using Xenforo is great. I couldn't work out how to post images but I just followed the instructions and hey presto!

20180328-lightbulb-moment.jpg

YW. I like the pic, too.

Reactions: rationaltake
O

obafgkm

Experienced
Jun 3, 2022
N is confusing. I often think it's nitrogen. I also mix up ctb and cbt.