Votes: 28 42.4%
  • more or less neutral about politics

Votes: 14 21.2%

• Total voters
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't want a discussion what is better. I am just interested about your views on politics. My theory is there are more left-wing people in this forum. In polls the average age is around 30 I think. Younger people are more left-wing at least this is a cliche. Moreover with severe illnesses many cannot work and left-wing parties are more in favor of them or health care insurances which are important for them.
Though this does not mean people are culturally left-wing. I think many disagree with the left-wing cultural politics. Especially in the US.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: GentleJerk
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I don't even know where I would stand on that scale. I identify as a libertarian. I'm very left when it comes to LGBTQ rights, reproductive rights, separation of church and state, universal healthcare. Very right on gun rights, self defense, hard on crime, very pro death penalty. Basically, government should be as small as possible to function, and stay out of people's lives. Be fiscally conservative (which at this point is neither left or right - they are both spend happy).

Reactions: Élégie, myopybyproxy, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Mine is not there so, rather not say then.

Reactions: Skathon and Fragile
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Started out left-ish but drifted further right with age. I'm pro choice and all that though. I just think the left has totally lost its way.

Reactions: Élégie, Feeding Pigeons, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 4 others
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
Communist

Reactions: bleeeeeep, AlwaysAnhedonia and _Minsk
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I thought I was to the right of Attila the Hun, but when I took the political compass test for this thread, much to my surprise...
Political compass
Doesn't get much more middle of the road than that, does it? Must be because I live in a very liberal area? (I think I answered the quiz as "center-right.")

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
Left-leaning centrist here. Liberty is key, but order needs to be retained. Balance is important, but since 'right-wing-ness' in itself is pretty strong, the only way to compensate for it is to lean a little bit more to the left side.

Reactions: omoidarui
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Mine is not there so, rather not say then.
I am sad it is not inclusive enough. I could have given more possible answers but that might would have made it too complicated

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I used to be democratic, but with all the injustices in the world, I don't believe in democracy, I usually don't like to discuss politics here. But Im becoming more far right. No need to be sad, it's fine. Hugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BetweenRadioStations and WrongPlaceWrongTime
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I used to be democratic, but with all the injustices in the world, I don't believe in democracy, I usually don't like to discuss politics here. But Im becoming more far right. No need to be sad, it's fine. Hugs.
I could start a big fight. I am very convinced democracy is the best form of government. But I also think we should not argue about such stuff in this forum. If we would do this this would divide the community, we don't need that and I don't want that.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
There is a famous misquote from Winston Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government... except for all the others." He never actually said that; the actual speech from which the quote is taken is very pro-democracy, but there's an underlying truth in the apocryphal anecdote anyway... that democracy - as heralded as it is in Western society - is flawed and subject to human error. I think the floundering political systems in some of the world's most famous democracies is proof of this.

• Informative
Reactions: Sherri
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Regular left. Have been since I was a teen. I know some people get more conservative when they age, but it didn't happen to me.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
There is a famous misquote from Winston Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government... except for all the others." He never actually said that; the actual speech from which the quote is taken is very pro-democracy, but there's an underlying truth in the apocryphal anecdote anyway... that democracy - as heralded as it is in Western society - is flawed and subject to human error. I think the floundering political systems in some of the world's most famous democracies is proof of this.
Totally agree with you and Churchill.

lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
I believe things based on the knowledge and critical thinking skills I have on issues I care about. Many issues I just don't care about. I don't follow any particular ideology. I have my own beliefs. My beliefs sometimes fall on either end of spectrum. I guess you could call me Libertarian, but I'm just independent.

Reactions: Élégie, demuic and Fragile
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
I would say centre-left but because left-wing, at least in the UK, is so "mUh rIgHts" to the ironic point of negating people's right to say and do what they want about anything for fear of sjw woke hate, I'm forced to just vote "neutral about politics"

right is no and left is becoming like right but less obvious, so also no

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I'm a bernie bro and big on social justice

Reactions: noname223
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
I just want to grill for god's sake.

• Love
Reactions: Grav, WaaaghEnjoyer and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Obviously we don´t live in democracies but unlike Noam Chomsky I believe it is a good thing that money rules the world. With increasing age a became more and more a Social Darwinist.

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Those who seek to silence and censor are always my sworn enemies. Who has the stronger ability to achieve that changes with time, but the reality is no political party is actually for people expressing their thoughts freely.

Reactions: Élégie, lostautist and demuic
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I sway between center left and right. I fall in the "leave me the hell alone!" group.

Reactions: Élégie and Fragile
Blondi

Blondi

Iš Lietuvos
Feb 2, 2021
I am n000, but I support gay rights , abortion and euthanasia .

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
it's simple. i'm moderate left, i hold my dick on the right.

Reactions: Grav