iHateMyselflokay

Nov 9, 2020
  • Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and peacechoice
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Because we all know how easy a choice it is to just up and kill yourself.
If only if it was as easy as asking yourself should you make a cup of coffee or kill yourself.

I do not see how someone that has serious forms of mental health issues can take that stance shown here...
Maybe it is internalized prolife rhetoric or maybe it is meme anxiety and depression.

Reactions: ts0hill, Pookie, iHateMyselflokay and 1 other person
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Your battery is almost dead.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, nohopeforethefuture, Spitfire and 9 others
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
Not surprised that there are people that think they're entitled to own someone, or control their actions, just because they have an emotional attachment to them. Overall, humans are a selfish species.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, nohopeforethefuture, disabledandhopeless and 4 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
There is suicidal and then there is suicidal. People that say things like that haven't been where we have, and they can't understand.

Reactions: Lupgevif, AMG44, disabledandhopeless and 6 others
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Woahh, this person must not really have anxiety and depression if they think they can't relate to that dead suicidal person. What type of privilege is this coming from? God, I hate people sometimes. Yeah, it's so fucking easy and I'm only thinking about myself when I killed myself. Yeah, right. I tend to want to kill my self BECAUSE I PERCEIVE MYSELF TO NOT BE SELFISH. Ughh why can't anyone understand this. If I were selfish, I'd stay and ignore and not feel anything for anyone in this world that's suffering. Then I'd be selfish and only thinking about myself, but no I think of humanity tooo much and I hate how there is suffering. I don't like it, so I guess I'm the selfish one because I refuse to stay here and act like I don't care.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ghost2211, iHateMyselflokay and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Maybe what's selfish is wanting to keep someone in terrible pain tethered to this earth simply because it would make you feel bad. Hmm...

Reactions: ts0hill, it's_all_a_game, nohopeforethefuture and 7 others
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
Maybe what's selfish is wanting to keep someone in terrible pain tethered to this earth simply because it would make you feel bad. Hmm...
Yup. It's too bad empathy isn't a subject that is taught in schools, because this is a classic case of not being able to see past your own needs and experiences.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and demuic
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Would that person write this if the guy died of a heart attack, in a robbery gone bad or just slipped and fell down the stairs? They might be a little selfish themselves.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, nohopeforethefuture, Lupgevif and 2 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Because we all know how easy a choice it is to just up and kill yourself.
If only if it was as easy as asking yourself should you make a cup of coffee or kill yourself.
I swear I have seriously asked that question more than once (like gun on the counter next to the stove serious). Guess I really like coffee :)

Reactions: nohopeforethefuture and Ghost2211
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I get where she's coming from (hold on for a bit I'm not excusing her). I used to be that myopic. I lost a boyfriend to suicide in high school, and I used the selfish rhetoric. It's pretty empowering when one feels so attacked by the sudden, wrenching loss, and for not having been consulted and given agency in what happened, so the other person must have themselves been myopic. I was devastated, I was clueless, and I needed an explanation; the narrative of selfishness in suicide already existed and I blindly accepted it just as I used to blindly accept Christianity.

Having been impacted by his suicide, it kept me from seriously contemplating suicide when I had depression, anxiety and other severe issues. Eventually I had some healing in a lot of areas, and I came to have infintely more compassion for and acceptance others than I'd ever imagined possible, it was totally outside of the realm of how I used to function. I learned to allow them to talk about suicide, and to feel suicidal, and not punish them but to emotionally support them by simply listening and caring that they were in pain, and not try to take over or control them or their issues.

It's only been in the past year or so, more than three decades after his death, that I realize he had to have gone through and actively been going through some serious shit to end his life, and he made certain he did it on the first try, it wasn't a gesture. He wasn't selfish, he was hurting, far greater than how much he loved me or anyone else, and whatever he was going through, he needed to escape from it or get it to stop. It wasn't an impulse, he'd gathered the supplies a couple months before he even met me, and when he did it, from the outside, his life seemed absoutely perfect and with every reason to be happy. Reasonably, I now suspect some serious long term abuse, not mere depression, because he wasn't depressed. We hadn't had been together long enough to disclose our abuse histories to one another, and that wasn't huge part of the cultural discourse then as it is now; we were in full-on heavy infatuation mode, we hadn't yet touched on anything dark like the fact I was regularly beaten, so who knows what kind of shit he went through. And the woman who wrote that, who knows what kind of shit her brother went through. Maybe in another couple decades she'll start to question it, maybe not.

Now I myself am at the point where I need shit to stop or to escape, I can't take much more of it. And I'm sure there are people who will think I did it to them and am somehow selfish, whether it's for doing the act, where I do it, the timing, not considering them even though they don't consider me, etc. I've learned that people tend to make major events about themselves and to offset their pain and discomfort by blaming someone or something else. We have so many cultural illusions and narratives, such as suicide being selfish, as well as secret piled-up personal traumas, that it's a rare person who can be accepting of others and not define what others do based on an illusion, a narrative, or a myopic point of view.

Twenty to thirty years ago, I would have said "F you back, you selfish jerk. Don't you know what you're going to do to others??" I didn't have a clue, and I doubt she did either when the article was published. If I was capable of changing and becoming more compassionate, maybe she did, too. One can hope, anyway. I've posted on this forum before an apology for how I used to act, so even though she can't apologize to you, and I can't apologize to those I hurt, I'll gladly say to you, OP, "I was wrong and I'm sorry. Whatever my words or actions knocked over in you, I hope that you can set it right now. The fault was mine, not yours. I wish for your well-being and again, I'm genuinely sorry for hurting you with my attitude and words."

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, nohopeforethefuture, Lupgevif and 4 others
goodbyebunny

goodbyebunny

</3
Oct 19, 2020
Also, the cherry on top, is the fact that they say to "forgive" the dead person in the end, but only so that living person won't have to feel bad. Yikes. Selfishness, love to see it.

Reactions: Worndown, Lupgevif, iHateMyselflokay and 1 other person
T

ts0hill

Victim of the pharmaceutical industry
Oct 17, 2020
I get where she's coming from (hold on for a bit I'm not excusing her). I used to be that myopic. I lost a boyfriend to suicide in high school, and I used the selfish rhetoric. It's pretty empowering when one feels so attacked by the sudden, wrenching loss, and for not having been consulted and given agency in what happened, so the other person must have themselves been myopic. I was devastated, I was clueless, and I needed an explanation; the narrative of selfishness in suicide already existed and I blindly accepted it just as I used to blindly accept Christianity.

Having been impacted by his suicide, it kept me from seriously contemplating suicide when I had depression, anxiety and other severe issues. Eventually I had some healing in a lot of areas, and I came to have infintely more compassion for and acceptance others than I'd ever imagined possible, it was totally outside of the realm of how I used to function. I learned to allow them to talk about suicide, and to feel suicidal, and not punish them but to emotionally support them by simply listening and caring that they were in pain, and not try to take over or control them or their issues.

It's only been in the past year or so, more than three decades after his death, that I realize he had to have gone through and actively been going through some serious shit to end his life, and he made certain he did it on the first try, it wasn't a gesture. He wasn't selfish, he was hurting, far greater than how much he loved me or anyone else, and whatever he was going through, he needed to escape from it or get it to stop. It wasn't an impulse, he'd gathered the supplies a couple months before he even met me, and when he did it, from the outside, his life seemed absoutely perfect and with every reason to be happy. Reasonably, I now suspect some serious long term abuse, not mere depression, because he wasn't depressed. We hadn't had been together long enough to disclose our abuse histories to one another, and that wasn't huge part of the cultural discourse then as it is now; we were in full-on heavy infatuation mode, we hadn't yet touched on anything dark like the fact I was regularly beaten, so who knows what kind of shit he went through. And the woman who wrote that, who knows what kind of shit her brother went through. Maybe in another couple decades she'll start to question it, maybe not.

Now I myself am at the point where I need shit to stop or to escape, I can't take much more of it. And I'm sure there are people who will think I did it to them and am somehow selfish, whether it's for doing the act, where I do it, the timing, not considering them even though they don't consider me, etc. I've learned that people tend to make major events about themselves and to offset their pain and discomfort by blaming someone or something else. We have so many cultural illusions and narratives, such as suicide being selfish, as well as secret piled-up personal traumas, that it's a rare person who can be accepting of others and not define what others do based on an illusion, a narrative, or a myopic point of view.

Twenty to thirty years ago, I would have said "F you back, you selfish jerk. Don't you know what you're going to do to others??" I didn't have a clue, and I doubt she did either when the article was published. If I was capable of changing and becoming more compassionate, maybe she did, too. One can hope, anyway. I've posted on this forum before an apology for how I used to act, so even though she can't apologize to you, and I can't apologize to those I hurt, I'll gladly say to you, OP, "I was wrong and I'm sorry. Whatever my words or actions knocked over in you, I hope that you can set it right now. The fault was mine, not yours. I wish for your well-being and again, I'm genuinely sorry for hurting you with my attitude and words."
this is well written. you can understand where she is coming from in a way. "He wasn't selfish, he was hurting, far greater than how much he loved me or anyone else, and whatever he was going through, he needed to escape from it or get it to stop." I like this quote.

• Hugs
Reactions: nohopeforethefuture, iHateMyselflokay, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
These people...

They think that anxiety and depression is all the same when it's really a spectrum. I've experienced many levels of it throughout my life, from low-level meloncholy to high-level utter despair. They project their experience onto others which would be erroneous.

Reactions: nohopeforethefuture, Lupgevif, iHateMyselflokay and 1 other person