This is really awful and horrible. It's truly a visual planet

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: kermudgeon, natali4, Élégie and 8 others
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
It's called the halo effect, and it's been documented in many studies. Attractive people are more likely to get jobs, less harsher court sentences, and more loan forgiveness

Reactions: kermudgeon, Journeytoletgo, Élégie and 7 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
It's difficult to impossible to win as an ugly person

• Hugs
Reactions: kermudgeon, Élégie, Ticket 2 Heaven and 5 others
Yann

Yann

Feb 27, 2022
The frustrating thing is when people try to reassure you you aren't ugly or undesirable. I live in my body... I see how people react to me. I know I am ugly. Who are you trying to fool? I notice that other unattractive people rarely do this. Only pretty people. Haha...

• Hugs
Reactions: kermudgeon, Élégie, Ticket 2 Heaven and 7 others
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
We live in such a shallow society, it sucks.

Eating disorders, poor self esteem, body dysmorohia, gender dysphoria, social isolation and alienation, depression... etc... so many psychological issues arising from this one fact, it's disgusting.

Reactions: Élégie, OpheliasFlowers, DetachedDreamer97 and 2 others
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
It's difficult to impossible to win as an ugly person
Although you suffer I'm jealous because I was tricked and naive bouncing around in the world as if looks didn't matter in my teens and early 20s yes I knew however I was really naive and careless
We live in such a shallow society, it sucks.

Eating disorders, poor self esteem, body dysmorohia, gender dysphoria, social isolation and alienation, depression... etc... so many psychological issues arising from this one fact, it's disgusting.
Yup. However looks always mattered even in times before such society looks mattered. I watched a video of tribe in Africa that still assessed beauty of woman however they still have substance

• Hugs
Reactions: LoneMisery, TakeMeBack07 and death137
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Such is the brutal truth of reality But... I wouldn't let that destroy me. Maybe it's a cope, but perhaps it just gives us freedom to live on self interest and find our own path, if we can that is...

I've decided that even if I'm destined to lose, I'll forge my own winning hand and win.

LittleCloud

LittleCloud

Just drifting
Feb 12, 2022
Well you're on this site, so it's kind of true? 😔

I'm joking. I get what you mean.

Unfortunately it's not going to change, so I don't see the point of dwelling on it. To compensate, you can either try to better your looks/ to better your personality/ to be the person that doesn't care about looks/ or to stop caring about the unchangeable

Muse

Muse

Dec 23, 2021
I always thought that if I were more pretty, life would have been better.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Beauty is as beauty does.

I never really fully understood that saying!

I used to think I was ugly in my 20's, but looking back on pics, dayum I was fine!

I just didn't have the confidence.

It's like the lyrics to that Faces song "I wish I knew then what I know now, all those years ago".

Reactions: Talvikki and LoneMisery