KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
I told my doctor today that my antidepressive medication after over 50 days doesn't seem to work much, and instead of adjusting the dose or trying a new one as I was hoping, she said I seem better because I talk faster, lol. and that until next meeting in 3 weeks I should try to take a daily walk, lol.

As if that's gonna finally cure me, lol. She also said I should go back to talk therapy even though that therapist had given up and referred me to try new medications first.

I was actually hopeful and the doctor seemed to listen to me, but after this meeting today I totally give up. I'm sick and tearing of hearing the fucking "take a walk" so called advice! It sounds insulting.

It's all bullshit! Psychiatric treatments are bullshit. Antidepressives are bullshit. Cognitive behavioral treatment is bullshit. Even drugs and alcohol are bullshit. The only real permanent treatment is to end it. Suicide is a 100% effective permanent solution to a permanent problem.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, NoPoint2Life, Plato'sCaveDweller and 6 others
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
i tried therapy once a couple months ago, but i was never comfortable enough to actually reveal the depths of my thinking, or anything about my passive suicidality (now active). i didnt think someone could say anything which would really change my mind, if you can say it, ive probably thought about it before. im curious, did you go deep into all of this with your therapist? how did they react? i was worried she would tattle and cause my already unstable mother to lose her mind.

D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
To be honest, you can also know they've given up on themselves, as a profession, as well, but don't want to admit.

Reactions: noheart and Tonkpils
Reflection

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
Yeah I feel you, taking a walk is only better than staying put at home all day which is bound to make you feel even worse than you already are, same thing with hitting the gym since physical strain and pain helps relieve mental anguish for a bit. All of which are basic things anyone discovers on their own. In my opinion if that's what I have to keep doing just to stay afloat then I've already lost.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain and KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
i tried therapy once a couple months ago, but i was never comfortable enough to actually reveal the depths of my thinking, or anything about my passive suicidality (now active). i didnt think someone could say anything which would really change my mind, if you can say it, ive probably thought about it before. im curious, did you go deep into all of this with your therapist? how did they react? i was worried she would tattle and cause my already unstable mother to lose her mind.
No, same experience here. You explain exactly what I also experienced with my therapist some months ago. But without even telling about my suicidality the other stuff I told was so serious that she basically gave up and suggested I try new medication first. Well I did, but that seems to be useless too, and my doctor referred me back to try talk therapy again, lol. So I feel like a ball being bounced back and forth. I never reveal my suicidality either because that just leads to my freedom being robbed. I have now given up on psychiatry completely. The actual effective treatment is SN, gas, OD or a noose, lol. Permanent solution to a permanent problem.
To be honest, you can also know they've given up on themselves, as a profession, as well, but don't want to admit.
Exactly. They are admitting more and more that they have no clue about what causes mental illness and especially on how to treat it.
Yeah I feel you, taking a walk is only better than staying put at home all day which is bound to make you feel even worse than you already are, same thing with hitting the gym since physical strain and pain helps relieve mental anguish for a bit. All of which are basic things anyone discovers on their own. In my opinion if that's what I have to keep doing just to stay afloat then I've already lost.
In my case, going out where there are people looking at me (especially a gym where it's all about body image), going there just increases my anxiety. It's also exhausting for me to go outside because I have very little energy since my brain works overtime to process and fight off depressive thoughts, intrusive thoughts and my heart works overtime too during bouts of anxiety. Being alive is exhausting in and of itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and heyhoherewego
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
No, same experience here. You explain exactly what I also experienced with my therapist some months ago. But without even telling about my suicidality the other stuff I told was so serious that she basically gave up and suggested I try new medication first. Well I did, but that seems to be useless too, and my doctor referred me back to try talk therapy again, lol. So I feel like a ball being bounced back and forth. I never reveal my suicidality either because that just leads to my freedom being robbed. I have now given up on psychiatry completely. The actual effective treatment is SN, gas, OD or a noose, lol. Permanent solution to a permanent problem.

Exactly. They are admitting more and more that they have no clue about what causes mental illness and especially on how to treat it.

In my case, going out where there are people looking at me (especially a gym where it's all about body image), going there just increases my anxiety. It's also exhausting for me to go outside because I have very little energy since my brain works overtime to process and fight off depressive thoughts, intrusive thoughts and my heart works overtime too during bouts of anxiety. Being alive is exhausting in and of itself.
did you receive any diagnosis from them? i dont think i have any mental illness, i kind of just naturally reasoned my way into this, so im thinking it would also take some natural reasoning to change back. but i doubt thats gonna happen, and i dont want any change to be the product of some pill. it seems the pills didnt really help in your case, though.

Reactions: KillingPain267
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
It is not just doctors to be honest. It is just people in general. They always give you some lame advice. I once told someone a bit about my struggles in life and the person told me to work out more. Yeah dude, kickboxing will definitely help me pay my rent. How have I not thought about that before. Every time I punch, there is cash falling out of the punching bag. Mind-blowing.

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
and i dont want any change to be the product of some pill.
This is a common sentiment. But contrary to you and many others, I actually DID want pills to change me or numb me down a bit. But none of it helped beside placebo. Maybe I expected too much, but that's why I suspect it's all bullshit.
It is not just doctors to be honest. It is just people in general. They always give you some lame advice. I once told someone a bit about my struggles in life and the person told me to work out more. Yeah dude, kickboxing will definitely help me pay my rent. How have I not thought about that before. Every time I punch, there is cash falling out of the punching bag. Mind-blowing.
😆😅🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: heyhoherewego
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
'just go to the gym bro!'
'i was so depressed then i did xyz and it changed my life'
'if you kys then you will miss xyz'
its like everyone has been programmed to dish out some meaningless platitude once they hear that someone is suicidal. it never helps, but i dont blame them. people feel like they have some duty to say something, to help. its just that they cant. from what ive seen therapists and psychiatrists dont offer much better.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
its like everyone has been programmed to dish out some meaningless platitude once they hear that someone is suicidal. it never helps, but i dont blame them. people feel like they have some duty to say something, to help. its just that they cant. from what ive seen therapists and psychiatrists dont offer much better.
Therapist and psychiatrist "advice" is even worse, because they claim it's scientific when in fact it does jack shit once the body and brain is seriously considering suicide as a solution to the suffering.
This one is the dumbest one because we won't miss anything when in the grave

H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
Therapist and psychiatrist "advice" is even worse, because they claim it's scientific when in fact it does jack shit once the body and brain is seriously considering suicide as a solution to the suffering.

This one is the dumbest one because we won't miss anything when in the grave
my therapist told me to try helping someone everyday. its strange, i see so often that the 'advice' is presupposing the solution. why would i do all these things? why would i? if i was feeling like doing all this, then i wouldnt be here talking to you. i DONT care enough to help people, or even myself. do you think you telling me to do this is gonna suddenly compel me to act like a normal person? its very confusing. they also refer to principles and philosophies (atleast from what i saw) that you dont share. i dont have the same ethics that you do, i dont view life the same way you do, i dont have the same understanding about rights and responsibilities and whatnot. if i did, then there wouldnt really be a problem to begin with.
its like if i called a helpline saying that my car ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere, and their advice is to drive further up the road.

• Love
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
my therapist told me to try helping someone everyday. its strange, i see so often that the 'advice' is presupposing the solution. why would i do all these things? why would i? if i was feeling like doing all this, then i wouldnt be here talking to you. i DONT care enough to help people, or even myself. do you think you telling me to do this is gonna suddenly compel me to act like a normal person? its very confusing. they also refer to principles and philosophies (atleast from what i saw) that you dont share. i dont have the same ethics that you do, i dont view life the same way you do, i dont have the same understanding about rights and responsibilities and whatnot. if i did, then there wouldnt really be a problem to begin with.
its like if i called a helpline saying that my car ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere, and their advice is to drive further up the road.
This is so well explained, 100% resonate with these thoughts.

I'm sorry for your situation @KillingPain267 , it's very similar to mine. I was also told by my psychiatrist that I should go on daily walks. Now, let's look at the context for when she gave that advice:
- I was suicidal
- I was going in and out of psychosis symptoms which led me to believe objects wanted to harm me, that machines were sucking away my life force, birds chirping sounded like lasers, etc
- I was off work because I couldn't even face my computer because of the above
- Just going on the bus to the psych hospital was enough to put me into psychosis
- I was crying my eyes out to this woman saying I could barely shower, I couldn't sleep and the meds were making me faint in the morning

I told her I didn't want to go on walks because I was getting psychosis symptoms when outside and that made me more fearful since it's not my home, I feel even less safe. She didn't care, she legit replied: "Go on a short walk to the park and then come back, that's it, it's not that hard."

I did do it, for 4 days, it just made me dread every day even more and my anxiety was through the roof as I was terrified something would happen. People don't understand that for walks to "work" you need to be at a certain baseline with your mood. Sure walks can be beneficial but you need to not be at rock bottom, you need to be somewhat good enough for that to be useful.

We all know that exercise is good for you, that you release hormones that help you feel good, but a suicidal person or a deeply depressed person won't have the ENERGY or the WILL to even want to do that. What is the reasoning to exercise when you feel like life isn't worth living??

Psychiatrists are just normies with medical degrees and that's it.

Reactions: babouflo201223 and heyhoherewego
H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
We all know that exercise is good for you, that you release hormones that help you feel good, but a suicidal person or a deeply depressed person won't have the ENERGY or the WILL to even want to do that. What is the reasoning to exercise when you feel like life isn't worth living??
exactly. its like if i go up to some random person and tell them to start training for water polo 5 hours a day. why? just do it! why not! i doubt they would. and to a suicidal person, these mundane day to day activities meant to sustain life, seem just as trivial and unimportant.

• Love
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
My absolute fav is "if you kys, I will miss you so much"
(says the person who never calls, never texts, never wants to hang out - or even better, is just basically a stranger that you've talked with only like three times)
Like...dude, you don't even know me, and you are going to miss me? I need to look the definition of "to miss" in the dictionary again because it clearly means something different than what I know it to mean lmao.

Reactions: no.one and heyhoherewego
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Talking a walk actually helped me in the past, but it's very hard to motivate myself to do it each day. I take the dog out 4 times a day and the furthest I walk is once around the block.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
I wish I could seek out strangers and offer my help. But I have social anxiety and just the thought scares me and makes my heart race. It's not a pleasant feeling. It might work on my depression to help others (studies show helping others makes us feel better), but my social anxiety is an obstacle. But others experience depression differently, where they feel nothing. So seeing others in need or in an accident doesn't move them at all. Before I was depressed I couldn't watch gore because I would feel extreme empathy for the victims and woould pray for them for days. Now I watch gore when I'm bored, lol because it doesn't move me much emotionally (I am too exhausted with my own suffering that I don't have much brain power left to feel for others that much).
Talking a walk actually helped me in the past, but it's very hard to motivate myself to do it each day. I take the dog out 4 times a day and the furthest I walk is once around the block.
Exactly, it takes energy to get out, and it's exactly that energy I lack for such "advice" to be helpful. So basically, there is no help for me from that doctor.

Reactions: heyhoherewego