D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Not sure if my question is clear but people who have near death experiences report seeing their souls leave their bodies, flashbacks of life memories, God, etc. does everyone experience that since the brain stays active for a couple of minutes even after the heart stops beating?

• Love
Reactions: Kat!, Trannydiary, it's_all_a_game and 5 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i personally didnt. it was nothing but black

• Hugs
Reactions: SadRat, mirko, Trannydiary and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Reactions: SadRat
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Knowing my luck I'd see a pointy eared bastard with a pitchfork.

• Hugs
Reactions: Midnight-rain, MrAsclepius, Bigpink and 7 others
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Everyone will be different. I'm not sure how long I was dead for or how many times I died but the only thing I remember was an immense peace like nothing I've felt before and then nothing.

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, Bigpink, SadRat and 5 others
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
Not sure if my question is clear but people who have near death experiences report seeing their souls leave their bodies, flashbacks of life memories, God, etc. does everyone experience that since the brain stays active for a couple of minutes even after the heart stops beating?
No, it's very likely that for most people, there is just unconsciousness. Take "near death experience" reports with a truckload of salt.

If your heart stops beating, one thing that will obviously happen is that your blood pressure will drop. A sudden drop in blood pressure can also happen for other reasons than your heart stopping, and what follows is that people pass out. Not necessarily any more dramatic in the moment than dozing off due to extreme fatigue.

A lot of the reports of "life flashing you by" are from people who have had extreme near misses, where they've stayed conscious the whole time. Like someone in a car that's skidding into the path of a trailer, etc.

Reactions: Midnight-rain and SadRat
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
I've gone under for a procedure and there was nothing. Just a blank space from me saying the IV was cold to me waking up. I imagine that's what death is like. That blank space but forever. No me to comprehend I ever existed in the first place. No sadness because I'm not there to be sad.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, paininme, SadRat and 7 others
D

DrWh033

Student
Dec 23, 2020
This is just fiction and wishful thinking. Oblivion is where we will travel.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, SadRat, Trannydiary and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was in a comma for 2 days. I don't remember anything about it but I could swear I felt some darkness and peace.
Then, I woke up and I thought aliens had abducted me but it was two doctors dressed in green who were checking me up lol

• Hugs
Reactions: SadRat, mirko, Trannydiary and 2 others
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I was in a coma for a few days and saw visions of the devil right before I woke up to priests singing. Heaven and hell are real, but Im living hell on earth already and look forward to meeting up with the devil tomorrow.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I saw the typical light at the tunnel thing while the black was closing in

Reactions: Pookie, Bigpink and Nexuno
N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
Everyone will be different. I'm not sure how long I was dead for or how many times I died but the only thing I remember was an immense peace like nothing I've felt before and then nothing.
god i hope this is it

Reactions: SadRat and Deleted member 23726
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
H
How did you die?
I saw the typical light at the tunnel thing while the black was closing in
Was it scary? How did you die
I was in a coma for a few days and saw visions of the devil right before I woke up to priests singing. Heaven and hell are real, but Im living hell on earth already and look forward to meeting up with the devil tomorrow.
Did u have a heart attack?
I was in a comma for 2 days. I don't remember anything about it but I could swear I felt some darkness and peace.
Then, I woke up and I thought aliens had abducted me but it was two doctors dressed in green who were checking me up lol
Were you scared? Did you have a heart attack?

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Some people see different things. Many have mentioned heaven, nothing, or some variation of a good or bad memory.
I believe it's whatever you want at the time, or at least some of your strongest memories.

Reactions: SadRat
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
No, it's very likely that for most people, there is just unconsciousness. Take "near death experience" reports with a truckload of salt.

If your heart stops beating, one thing that will obviously happen is that your blood pressure will drop. A sudden drop in blood pressure can also happen for other reasons than your heart stopping, and what follows is that people pass out. Not necessarily any more dramatic in the moment than dozing off due to extreme fatigue.

A lot of the reports of "life flashing you by" are from people who have had extreme near misses, where they've stayed conscious the whole time. Like someone in a car that's skidding into the path of a trailer, etc.
Don't NDEs happen when the person is unconscious? I don't think people can have an NDE if they stay conscious the whole time.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I always wished aliens would abduct me.

• Love
Reactions: mindovertime, Mentalmick, SadRat and 1 other person
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
Don't NDEs happen when the person is unconscious? I don't think people can have an NDE if they stay conscious the whole time.
Well, nobody knows, since "NDEs" are anecdotes and not science. It's a very difficult thing to study scientifically, since it involves people's subjective qualia.

But sure, "NDE" may be a common term specifically for alleged experiences had by people at a time they were thought to be unconscious. However, partially because the "field" is much woo woo and little science, there's a lot of conflation. The person I replied to did mention something akin to "life passing before your eyes", and that certainly is reported by people who narrowly avoided certain death. It might also be reported by people who've had "NDE".

However, any definition or discussion of "NDE" -- when someone can have it, etc. -- is just idle chit-chat. It's not in any way a settled, or even verified as existing, matter. As yet, there exists no compelling reason to believe that one will experience anything after one happens to lose consciousness for the last time in one's life.

sweater

sweater

tired of it all
Dec 23, 2020
I don't know if I want to visualize anything? Part of me just hopes it's like falling asleep. A warm dark nothingness.

Reactions: mindovertime and Pookie
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
I don't know if I want to visualize anything? Part of me just hopes it's like falling asleep. A warm dark nothingness.
It's very likely that it's exactly like falling asleep. In cases of inadvertent carbon monoxide poisoning and overdoses, for example, people simply blacked out and eventually died. Plenty of people have been found and rescued from these things, and usually they just describe blacking out and then coming to in hospital.

Reactions: Pookie
P

paininme

Nov 17, 2020
I collapsed and was put into a coma after a failed attempt I don't remember anything just feeling dizzy it was like being asleep without the dreams just a void in time

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
If someone says they see visuals after death, then they were'nt dead.