CyberCat95

CyberCat95

Jan 30, 2022
This is just me venting really but feel free to share experiences.

I haven't had much luck with mental health services at all, I was always being passed from one place to another like they had no idea what to do with me. Fair enough really, I don't either.

Anyway, late 2021 I started accessing a non clinical mental health service. It was a new thing and changed a bit in the first year but overall it was a good experience, I was going out more and even though the staff weren't trained counsellors I felt comfortable enough for the first time to talk about certain things that had happened in the past, I guess that was mistake number one because I wasn't getting any other support so didn't really know how to process any of it properly. But I am glad I did, it was the first time I'd spoken about it all and it did help and it was validating for staff to agree i wasn't just overreacting.

recently the service changed a lot. Fair enough it's only meant to be short term but for some people that's just not possible. There were quite a few people there who got kicked out for being there too long. I made the choice to leave.

A few months before that I made the mistake of telling them I was still very much wanting to ctb. I only did that because I was kinda scared and unsure. Its proper screwed me over. I had so many good things lined up that they thought I was 'too sick' to do when in reality one of the reasons I was feeling like that still was because I felt like I was going nowhere and nothing was happening. It would have helped. I had explained that to them but they didn't listen. So now here I am with no support whatsoever and even less going for me than I did before and a more solid plan to ctb than ever. But this time I've made more peace with it.

I think the main thing I learnt over the past year is distractions can be good for a while but they don't get rid of the underlying feelings. And also to shut my mouth.

I'm mad, mainly at myself though. I should have just shut up and got on with it. I only needed to hang on another 2 weeks and things might not have been perfect but I would have had so many opportunities. But no, I panicked and told the truth. Being honest didn't even help. It made everything so much worse and has made me want to ctb even more.

I can't stop thinking back to what some of the staff had said as well, all good things. I guess that was all a lie and people only care when they're paid or it benefits them in some way.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
The mental health services are a complete joke; they know they are useless. But really, they don't care at all and they're only in it to make money or to affirm their views that they are good people. I also had very negative experiences with them and it would be much better if they didn't exist so there wasn't a delusion that help is available. Also, it's so insensitive when I say I want to ctb and people suggest I haven't accessed any of the easily-accessible help services. The only help you will find is in yourself; I hope you make the right decision and find peace. Also, you shouldn't be mad at yourself because they have disguised themselves quite well.

Reactions: Hanno and CyberCat95
CyberCat95

CyberCat95

Jan 30, 2022
The mental health services are a complete joke; they know they are useless. But really, they don't care at all and they're only in it to make money or to affirm their views that they are good people. I also had very negative experiences with them and it would be much better if they didn't exist so there wasn't a delusion that help is available. Also, it's so insensitive when I say I want to ctb and people suggest I haven't accessed any of the easily-accessible help services. The only help you will find is in yourself; I hope you make the right decision and find peace. Also, you shouldn't be mad at yourself because they have disguised themselves quite well.
Thank you :) I'm sorry you've had negative experiences with them too.
I just thought this place was different, and it was until it changed I guess but even before there were problems. But now I'm out of services I'm scared to talk to anyway because I know the only thing they'll say is that I should go back lol

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
can you go back and say the opportunities were helping and you'd like to try again? I can believe the staff did mean what they are saying, however jaded we are by our mental health?

CyberCat95

CyberCat95

Jan 30, 2022
can you go back and say the opportunities were helping and you'd like to try again? I can believe the staff did mean what they are saying, however jaded we are by our mental health?
No I don't think so. The new manager seems intent on getting people through the service as quickly as possible, and most of the opportunities related to the old manager. The new manager is definitely not as involved and doesn't seem to care, running it like a business too.
I am due to start volunteering which I'm looking forward to, just waiting for a dbs check now. I am trying to hold on to that for now because that is something I've wanted to do and it's in the mental health field so I'm really hoping I can make a difference.

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I can't say that some services especially in UK from my experience. I had a single room, decent food, internet, takeaways, Amazon, huge yard with table tennis and gym equipment etc. I mean it depends on severity of your situation. They definitely can help you for example if you are young and perspective but had a crisis or something like that. But if you have serious troubles I doubt that they can do much. But people also told me that I was lucky to get in a newly build hospital in UK. In my home country we have a place which is equivalent to jail where they inject you with kilograms of cheapest medicine till your blood gets rotten and give you shit food so you barely even survive on that "diet". In England actually they threat you with huge respect compared to this place.

CyberCat95

CyberCat95

Jan 30, 2022
I can't say that some services especially in UK from my experience. I had a single room, decent food, internet, takeaways, Amazon, huge yard with table tennis and gym equipment etc. I mean it depends on severity of your situation. They definitely can help you for example if you are young and perspective but had a crisis or something like that. But if you have serious troubles I doubt that they can do much. But people also told me that I was lucky to get in a newly build hospital in UK. In my home country we have a place which is equivalent to jail where they inject you with kilograms of cheapest medicine till your blood gets rotten and give you shit food so you barely even survive on that "diet". In England actually they threat you with huge respect compared to this place.
Im glad you had a good experience. Yeah I'm in England too but I know this area is pretty underfunded. I've never been in hospital for mental health and from knowing people who have its quite hard to even get a place. Some people I know have had to go to other parts of the country when they've been sectioned and been traumatised by experiences there. More non clinical services are popping up around here which is good, especially ones that aren't for people in crisis. The ones that are for people in crisis though are very stretched already so not really working