thankyouforthis

thankyouforthis

Jun 13, 2022
Of course there are specifics this time, but what I'm gonna say applies to other times in my life too, so I won't bother with the specifics of any.

But you know how
everyone pretends
they have all of these
Meaningful Social Ties?

and then just the tiniest bit of conflict arises,
someone makes a mistake,
someone misunderstands someone else
and the hatred is so palpable
the rise from 0 to 1000
that you are reminded
that most Social Ties
are only illusions?

That most people who "like" you
only like you when you serve
a particular purpose
and will immediately HATE you
the minute you say or do anything
that they perceive as interfering with that purpose?

I am lucky enough to know maybe two or three people who actually, genuinely like me.
The rest are like this.
This includes family members who talk about how much they miss you all of the time, but will cut you off for years because of some joke you told. (And no, I don't mean a racist or anything-ist joke. I mean like teasing someone about the way they said something, little things like that.)
Friends who are friends as long as you agree with them, and hate you the second you don't.
And people in general who just are so quick to accuse without ever stopping to think something might have been a mistake or an accident, or might have had a purpose other than the one they think they see.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
Feel free to share your specifics below or just shit on how stupid people are, whatevz!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: š–£´ nadia š–£´, hungry_ghost, Rocinante and 1 other person
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
This knw how tell all nonseni human connections, see trauma ptsd injury damage more etc all terrible betray unexpect say one good turn no good betray backstab use same toilet paper finish use throw. This all sam no differ that wyh avoid connect mhuman connect mean damage, have year do ok one moment delet pretend noth. This all terrible have many example friend care talk one moment disappear otre do terribia, me no prefct still do better try ok other all get damage trauma. Better avoid human avoid life now wat get vege

• Hugs
Reactions: thankyouforthis, š–£´ nadia š–£´ and Rogue Proxy