wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
honestly i was meant to try and attempt a bit ago but if i'm being fucking honest i fell asleep early that night and ended up rotting in front of the tv watching whatever, i haven't been the brightest since. thumbs up,
i waited about three-two months for that exact date too, i don't even know why i felt so fixated on it cause last year i had a few attempts and most weren't even planned on a set date, i guess i just finally that would've been it for me.

anyway, to answer my own question i honestly don't remember when exactly i was at a limit for happiness, but before i lost the people i cherished most and such i'd say one memory i felt very content in was new years eve 2022, hanging out at a friend's place with my best friend there and another mutual friend, drinking champange, playing video games, the occasional smoke break or five, then saving our bereals for when midnight struck and we all huddled up at each other's lenses and took the photos together, i still have mine.

it isn't a memory that's very different from the other times i hung out with my old friend group, honestly it's exactly how we'd always hang out before i was no longer apart of it, but something about the content of that day, the peace of being far away from most problems and forgetting them that night just to be with the people i loved and annoying their pets, i felt okay with being alive for a good while then. it's over and gone now though

feel free to write as much as you want to answer my question~

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, logi3535 and CasTheFriendlyGhost
CasTheFriendlyGhost

CasTheFriendlyGhost

call me Caspar
Jan 5, 2024
there was a timespan of about 6 to 8 months at age 18/19, where my anxiousness didn't rule my life and i had a positive outlook on it. i had had a long carefree summer that i spent with close friends, was healthy, fit, even possessed a bit of something resembling confidence. then in fall i started studying at university. there in the first months i expended a gigantic amount of energy into carving out a good social environment for myself - and succeeded. i had made a small group of fantastic friends that i loved dearly. but my energy was spent. i was drained. i completely cratered. the angst, the discomfort in groups, the fear of being evaluated, the dry throat, the sweaty palms, the constant agonizing nervousness in everything but the calmest of settings, everything came rushing back. i've been an anxious, nervous, neurotic mess ever since

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wastingpotential and logi3535
logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
i think it would have to be about a few years ago when i was still with my significant other, we were deep into our relationship and felt really comfy with eachother, it felt so nice having someone to look out for you and looking out for them the same, always waking up and falling asleep with the one you treasure the most, unfortunatly things took a downward spiral and i ended up pushing her away, i became too much for her, things were never the same after that and slowly we fell apart even after we seperated, though it was still nice to know she cared and thought about me, but now i'm not sure she still holds the same sentiment, it hurts but it is what it is

• Hugs
Reactions: CasTheFriendlyGhost, almondmilk and wastingpotential
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
In terms of contentment, my creative work is my coping mechanism. Maybe a few years back, I had a period where I had a comfortable amount of work ahead of me and it was challenging but rewarding enough to distract me enough into feeling content. I maybe lasted a year or so being in a relatively better place. That said- ideation has been with me since I was 10. It was just less intense then at least.

The past few years, the creative jobs I've had have certainly helped but I guess the underlying worry about money has tainted everything. Prior to that, my jobs felt too stressful to relax long enough to be happy.

I've had moments of happiness. I've gone to places on my own and with my parents and friends and enjoyed moments. I have some very special and happy memories with my Grandparents and God parents. I'm grateful for them. I'm grateful I can at least experience joy still. I just find it hard to though because I'm worrying so much about the future. Which makes not having a future so appealing!

Reactions: wastingpotential and CasTheFriendlyGhost
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine thatā€™s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
In prepubescence. I still had the problems I have now, but I guess I just wasn't self-aware. Mentally, everything went downhill in middle school... and I've been fucked ever since. It can't be over if it never began.

• Hugs
Reactions: wastingpotential
silent.desperation

silent.desperation

Jan 9, 2024
2014 - 2017. The good old days for me.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I don't believe that existence was ever something desirable in the first place, rather it's just an burden and an imposition, I find it very tragic how people force life here. I've always found comfort in the thought of ceasing to exist as it's the escape from the curse that is existence, those who are eternally not existing are the only fortunate ones to me. Such a thing as "happiness" doesn't even exist to me as I see existence itself as the problem, I don't get what's supposedly so "happy" about having the ability to suffer in such a futile existence that was very unnecessary in the first place, it disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they are trapped here.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I... don't know. I... don't remember

MrP

MrP

Aug 11, 2022
When I was a little boy playing Crash and Spyro, not a care in the world. A distant memory.

Reactions: hikikomorizombie
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
I don't think I can remember a period of time when I was happy, but I feel happiest when I'm with my cats

S

steve021

Jan 13, 2024
The good times I've had. Was that I was in a mania. I had so much love for my environment and felt music really deeply. That period is over and now I'm back to square one.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think most of us must have some happy times each day else we'd be gone. If it was all bad I certainly wouldn't be here anymore.

As for a sustained long period of happiness and joy, probably a few years ago at least..

throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
while i feel short lived happiness from time to time, the last time i was truly "happy" was probably in winter of 2023

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
'Truly' happy? Probably when I was a teenager. Moments of happiness? I think I still have those, though I hesitate to call them such. Maybe I'm so far away from happiness I don't recognise it anymore, and just a break from the darkness is enough for me to label it 'happiness'.

wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
I don't think I can remember a period of time when I was happy, but I feel happiest when I'm with my cats
I used to feel this way too with mine before they passed, cherish your time with them as much as you can <3

L

lotus_pink

Jan 14, 2024
tbh I never was šŸ˜¢ I was extremely anxious and isolated as a child and my life hasn't improved since then

Reactions: hikikomorizombie
SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
If i'm being honest it was a few months ago in september, and even then only for one night. My friend and I went to concert together. This was before it got really bad again, but for that one night I felt so content and happy I think. We danced to the scenecore stuff she likes, got into a moshpit, saw some guy drop a handful of coke on the floor and draw a goddamn pentagram in it. Overall it was really fun.

Of course, then I went home, returned to my parents, to school. Soon after I got really sick, which ended in some sort of mental break where i've been derealizing non-stop since. That one saturday was fun though :)

• Love
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
2018 was the last time. 2017 and prior was the longest. I feel the pandemic locked me in this state. Before I still had depressive episodes but that was it. Ever since ~2019-2020, it feels like someone stretched my depressive episodes so that they're not as extreme but there's never an end. Ever since then I haven't felt real happiness that lasts longer than 30 minutes.

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
I was about 20 when my OCD took over my life. It interfered with everything I was doing, 24x7. It was too late before I realized it was a medical condition and I could see therapists for it. I would say those 20 years that I lived were the happiest.

• Aww..
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i don't think i've ever had a time like that, & if i do i can no longer remember it. the closest to it would be contentment. i got to experience a bit of that at the psych wards i've been in. being w ppl that understood me to a certain degree w/o having to try & explain it like i had to for everyone else, was v nice.