• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

orangelover

Feb 12, 2024
Just wanted to see peoples opinions on when is suicide actually the right choice? It seems like the act of suicide has been given a bad name due to many suicidal teenagers whose life would probably improve at some point or another. Statistically most people are normal, and their lives will even out eventually. But what about those below average or whose lives never get better? Is it respectable after 30 for example that a person is mature enough to understand when its time to end it all? or after how many failed attempts at improvement is it honorable?

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dliena, Aim, Byebyemap and 3 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
In my opinion it's always the right choice because you will never be able to regret it anymore ;)
I don't think age matters. Actually, the sooner the less pain you'll have to go through.

• Yay!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, ijustwishtodie, TiredOfAllThis and 2 others
O

orangelover

Feb 12, 2024
In my opinion it's always the right choice because you will never be able to regret it anymore ;)
I don't think age matters. Actually, the sooner the less pain you'll have to go through.
gonna disagree on everything there lol

• Wow
Reactions: forfever, ilikemoais, chiefkeefgaming37 and 2 others
Banan321

Banan321

Do it once, do it right!
Sep 19, 2023
I wouldn't be against anyone wanting leave this world if they wanted. I wouldn't really like anyone under 18 however to do so but I wouldn't stop them because I don't know their situation. It's entirely up to them, whether it's wrong or right is up to them too. Judging only by age is just stupid and ignorant.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim and Proteus
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I'd prefer to not exist regardless of the circumstances and believe the less time spent existing here the better but only never existing is true perfection to me. I see suicide as very rational as it's the way to prevent all unnecessary suffering in an existence that was always undesirable in the first place.

Just the fact that there is no disadvantages to not existing yet as long as one exists there's no limit as to how much one can suffer is enough to make suicide be very rational to me. Existence itself truly is nothing more than an unnecessary harm, for me suicide is definitely the solution as I see existence itself as the true problem.

I don't get what's supposedly so "normal" about wanting to decay from age in this meaningless and pointless existence, to me those people are the deluded ones, I find it such a horrific tragedy how life even exists at all and I find it disturbing how selfish humans procreate even know existence causes nothing but suffering.

But overall if one wants to continue existing or choose to end their existence then it's up to them, it's not your or anyone else's place to say that suicide isn't an option as suicide is a human right and is very much a personal decision.
I don't understand why the question even needed to be asked as clearly the answer is that it's up to the individual, nobody consented to this existence in the first place and aren't obligated to continue, not everyone sees benefit in something so cruel and futile as existence.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Byebyemap and sserafim
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
gonna disagree on everything there lol
Oh, I wasn't expecting that to be honest. Could you please explain it a little? I'd like to see your point of view:)

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Let me just whip out my crystal ball and I can tell each and every one of you what you have in store in your future, so you can make the 'right' choice at the 'right' time...

Except we can't do that so- who knows? An 18 year old may develop a crippling disease when they reach 20. They may end up paralysed in a wheelchair and be unable to speak and their parents may insist they carry on. A 55 year old may win the lottery next week. Who knows what lies in store for any of us?

If the argument is that we should try everything possible beforehand and that lucky break is just around the corner- may as well wait for natural death.

In terms of assisted suicide, I think the age restriction should be 18. Just because we're not allowed to make other less significant decisions, like drinking alcohol before that age. Seems like scientists obviously think something happens in the brain at that age to mean we are better at big decision making. So as a regulated, standardised and sustainable programme, that is my feeling.

I'd say it's especially tragic when a minor kills themselves. Was it a poor decision though? I mean- they must have been in so much pain to do it. Why is their pain less significant than an adults? How do you know things would have improved for them? They could easily have stayed the same or, gotten worse... Have you noticed how many people here were suicidal as minors? Lots! How happy do you think we are that we stuck around?

In my own life, my 30's were much better than my 20's. Should that mean everyone should wait till they're 40, because that's how my life went? No! Of course not!

Besides, I don't think we have the right to decide. I don't own anyone else's life but my own. When it comes to making suicide accessible, that's different because- that needs legislation and regulation. But, as a choice, I don't think it's all that fair to call it a wrong choice. Perhaps a tragic choice certainly- as in- WTF kind of world puts so much pressure on a minor and doesn't even notice or help when they have gotten so unhappy in their life that suicide seems like their best or only option?!! So- an utterly appalling reflection of this world- certainly but, the wrong decision for that person? Who knows? They obviously believed in it enough at the time...

Reactions: timetodie24, ijustwishtodie, BlockHammer and 6 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
When you have explored all options and still feel the die to CTB

Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, forfever, chiefkeefgaming37 and 4 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It's the right choice when it's the last resort and all attempts to recover have failed I think.

Some exceptions for those with terminal illnesses etc but it's very difficult to know when depression is truly terminal and untreatable. I know mine is but that's not true for everyone.

Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, forfever, Byebyemap and 2 others
O

orangelover

Feb 12, 2024
I see most of you have a philosophical view on suicide. My view is more pragmatic, simply to escape a miserable life. Most people objectively will not have a miserable life, they will have a normal one. Most living creatures that meet a genetic level of fitness will experience some joy and some pain, I dont have a problem with that nor does pain cancel out the good for me.

Its when there is only pain and no goodness at all that it could make sense to me, which seems to be my life.
Let me just whip out my crystal ball and I can tell each and every one of you what you have in store in your future, so you can make the 'right' choice at the 'right' time...

Except we can't do that so- who knows? An 18 year old may develop a crippling disease when they reach 20. They may end up paralysed in a wheelchair and be unable to speak and their parents may insist they carry on. A 55 year old may win the lottery next week. Who knows what lies in store for any of us?

If the argument is that we should try everything possible beforehand and that lucky break is just around the corner- may as well wait for natural death.

In terms of assisted suicide, I think the age restriction should be 18. Just because we're not allowed to make other less significant decisions, like drinking alcohol before that age. Seems like scientists obviously think something happens in the brain at that age to mean we are better at big decision making. So as a regulated, standardised and sustainable programme, that is my feeling.

I'd say it's especially tragic when a minor kills themselves. Was it a poor decision though? I mean- they must have been in so much pain to do it. Why is their pain less significant than an adults? How do you know things would have improved for them? They could easily have stayed the same or, gotten worse... Have you noticed how many people here were suicidal as minors? Lots! How happy do you think we are that we stuck around?

In my own life, my 30's were much better than my 20's. Should that mean everyone should wait till they're 40, because that's how my life went? No! Of course not!

Besides, I don't think we have the right to decide. I don't own anyone else's life but my own. When it comes to making suicide accessible, that's different because- that needs legislation and regulation. But, as a choice, I don't think it's all that fair to call it a wrong choice. Perhaps a tragic choice certainly- as in- WTF kind of world puts so much pressure on a minor and doesn't even notice or help when they have gotten so unhappy in their life that suicide seems like their best or only option?!! So- an utterly appalling reflection of this world- certainly but, the wrong decision for that person? Who knows? They obviously believed in it enough at the time...
Children arnt mature enough nor do they have enough time to get the full picture. Just because my life didnt improve doesnt mean theirs couldnt for example. They wouldnt need a lucky break and become cheddar chad, just might need enough time to understand the world better. A simple answer maybe not good enough for you but makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: chiefkeefgaming37, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Anything making you want to die above anything else is serious enough. When one doesn't want to live at all they will simply have to go through too much for them, and I perfectly understand someone not being willing to.

Reactions: sserafim
Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
To me when you can't or you don't want to recover. If someone has doubt, has to try recover in my opinion.

I think most of the people try commit CTB use to regret, and I don't want anyone try it, and in their last times though that they made the wrong choice.

Reactions: sserafim
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I think your body will tell you when the suffering has reached maximum tolerability. Some people just happen to reach that point at a younger age for various reasons.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Suicide is neither the right choice nor the wrong choice. It's just a choice to exit life sooner. At the end of the day, everyone who is currently alive will die one day anyway, so it doesn't make a difference. My suicidal tendencies started when I was a teenager, and now that I'm in my mid 20s, I can only say that they've gotten much worse over the years. I see people denying suicidal teenagers the right to ctb, but then why is it allowed for people to force someone into existence and force them to suffer? In my eyes, giving birth to someone and basically forcing that person to experience suffering and death, is way more fked up. I know that there are people in this forum who enjoy life but still want to ctb, but for me, I would rather have never been born in the first place because were're living in a messed up planet where society is brainwashed and wars happen every day all around he world. Either life was better 20 years ago, or I was just much less aware of the suffering that is happening all around the world (it's probably both).

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, worthIess, dinosavr and 2 others
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
It seems that everyone had given an really good and deep answer about suicide so allowed me to add my opinion about it.

To put it simple, i think it depend on someone else life circumstance, determine a standar for this kind of thing would have resulted in more debate and debate cause everyone had a diffrent upbringing. But im gonna say this, since every standar is making this decision mor complex the person who's suicidal should've been the one who decided their outcome of life

They can consult to therapist or anyone else that they trust but the one who make the final decision is THEM not the therapist or the people he consulted to. So my point is that to people who want to off themself, you better gather every info (from therapist or people who have the same problem like you) and also reflect upon ur life wheater it's worth it or not, after that the final decision should go to you, YOU are the one who should determine ur own standard.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
When you decide that you can't take it anymore

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and sserafim
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
When you're ready

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
When the pain of life is greater than the pain of death.

Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 2 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
When you decide you are ready to die.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, timetodie24 and sserafim
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
To me personally: When, you can't find a solution to your situation/problems. When your existence is a burden to others. When the daily suffering is too much to bear. When you don't have the strength to go on anymore

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and divinemistress36
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
If we take out those with the "physical" side of things, there's really no standard.
I can almost hear the keyboards tapping away saying "what about mental health??", "this is something a prolifer would say!"
yeah well go kick rocks.
OP wanted a pragmatic discussion on it.
Point being, take out the physical stuff, and it's a crap shoot.
There isnt a logical sequence to CTB, it's not an If-Then-Else kind of thing.
Each of us places a value on our suffering and how we forsee the future in our current states. The values may not align for Person A and B, even if their circumstances are completely identical in all aspects: Physical, mental, Emotional, Financial. No one has any right to say that one person's reason behind CTB is any more or less valid.
CTB always will be an option that is available to all, it's just that people are particular about the how.
TL:DR: it's your decision based on your assessment of the current situation of yourself and your surroundings.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and timetodie24
N

needpeace18

Feb 12, 2024
Just wanted to see peoples opinions on when is suicide actually the right choice? It seems like the act of suicide has been given a bad name due to many suicidal teenagers whose life would probably improve at some point or another. Statistically most people are normal, and their lives will even out eventually. But what about those below average or whose lives never get better? Is it respectable after 30 for example that a person is mature enough to understand when it's time to end it all? or after how many failed attempts at improvement is it honorable

Just wanted to see peoples opinions on when is suicide actually the right choice? It seems like the act of suicide has been given a bad name due to many suicidal teenagers whose life would probably improve at some point or another. Statistically most people are normal, and their lives will even out eventually. But what about those below average or whose lives never get better? Is it respectable after 30 for example that a person is mature enough to understand when it's time to end it all? or after how many failed attempts at improvement is it honorable?
After a lifetime of battling mental health issues and a personality disorder I've decided to end my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
When you are in a desperate situation you have only worse outcomes of if you keep on living instead so death is preferable.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
When the person is sound of mind, not influenced by temporary circumstances and has reached the conclusion to CTB without having second thoughts for a while. Doesn't matter if their life is average or below average imo.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and sserafim
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Whenever you feel ready or want/need to. I think everybody should have the right to do whatever they wish whether that is in life or death.
But it's your choice/responsibility at the end of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and divinemistress36
T

timetodie24

Wizard
Apr 14, 2023
I don't think there's a simple answer and it's a very individual thing. 2 people could be in the exact situation and it may feel 'right' for one person and not right for the other.
For example, someone with a terminal illness may decide it's best option for them whereas someone with same prognosis may prefer to live as long as they can till it kills them.
As long as someone has the capacity and had fully weighed up the decision, and they're of sound mind to do so then who am I to decide if it's right or not ? It matters whether it is the right choice for them not me.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori