J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
Just wondering. I've never heard of Tantacrul before I got here. I came here for support. There will always be reactionaries. How much does this matter? Do we pin a new thread every time somebody with influence notices?

Reactions: loopdaloop, Orange Cat, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
In the early days of the community, it went unnoticed with the exception of a few crazies. Nobody really cares, but sharing screenshots of posts outside of the site is unacceptable.
For many people, myself included, this is a safe space where members should feel free to share thoughts, feelings and experiences they might not want to become public property.
An unwritten bond of trust exists that was broken. That's a potentially destructive precedent.
People are free to discuss anything that may be a cause for concern, that they find interesting, that they may be looking for feedback from or for no other reason than they can. Providing it's well intended, there's no need to justify their content.
I hope you find the support you are seeking.

Reactions: loopdaloop
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Tentacruel's video was filled with disinformation and got quite a bit of attention. The thread is pinned because it is our prespective, so if someone comes here from that video they will hopefully see thay thread and get our side of the story and hopefully change their opinion. Although most do not care to look into the issue, it is still important that it stays pinned to whoever that might want to see for themselves.

I also wouldn't call it validating, it's just a response, like when youtubers make videos of each other, they aren't necessarilly validating each other. Just I see you, and this is what I have to say to this suituation.

I heard there was another tik tok video that was made which directly shows SS, Rain wrote a thread about the suituation as well, and it js not pinned. So no, this will only happen if something actually blows up.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Praestat_Mori, avoid and 1 other person
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I went a bit off topic perhaps but anyway:

The issue is that the people who oppose this website see it in such an extremely sinister light that it is necessary to explain why we are here and why those running the site choose to do so. Those who oppose SaSu genuinely believe that the site is filled to the brim with predators who get perverse pleasure from making others kill themselves.

Now, that is just worlds apart from how people who use this site experience it. There is just such a gargantuan gap in perspective between pro-life people and pro-choice people. It is so bad that we can't even agree on what pro-choice even means.

The users here say that pro-choice means accepting the informed decisions of others to decide when they live and when they die while the pro-life individuals suggest that not trying to stop others from voluntary dying is actually pro-suicide.

There seriously needs to be a genuine attempt to at least understand why this website exists and how many times the majority of the people here have been failed in one way or another.

This is what it looks like when the mental health system and society's problems go on unaddressed. People get sick of things not getting better and want a way out! These problems need to be addressed in society or else sites like this will continue to pop up and no one will be able to help anyone. I don't want anyone to feel as though they have to die to solve their problems but I am in the position where I can understand why people feel this way.

Without going too much into it, my life provides one example of how someone may end up on this site. I would have never found this place or gained interest in it if the mental health care system would have managed to help me within the nearly decade span that I spent putting both I and my family's money into it. I have tried for so hard and for so long and have put blood, sweat, and tears into trying every treatment, every self-help book, everything! Even when I could hardly get myself to speak because I was in so much psychological pain. When people's problems go unaddressed and unmitigated, people can only take so much.

There seriously needs to be much more effort placed into fixing the problems that lead people to suicide in the first place instead of applying a prohibitive bandaid to the situation and deeming it a success. People are in pain and people need help!

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
'These problems need to be addressed in society or else sites like this will continue to pop up and no one will be able to help anyone.'

I'm not a betting man, but if I was...