venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
For me, it was when praying to god (I write it without a capital g on purpose) did not help, at all and I would sit there in agony, feeling tortured every second and not knowing what to do other than killing myself. Although I was an absolute believer and went to church and the other bs, when I needed him the most he just took a raincheck. And I waited and waited and went to church and priests and prayed and hoped for months and months while I was feeling like I was burning alive from the pain and hollowness, and… nothing. Everything changed when I took a little pill that a flawed human being just like me invented.

So then I was like: ok, cool stories, humanity, but you can keep them for yourselves. Lucky you that you didn't have to find out they're just Santa Claus stories but for adults.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: dekayingkong, anhedonicNfoggy, not-2-b-the-answer and 9 others
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
That is something as a Christian I struggle with as well. The no true Scotsman fallacy levied on those who are suffering and pray. I do believe miracles but I think God rarely intervenes. I too am a victim of God ruthlessly not answering my prayers. I prayed and read the Bible every night... The issue with prayer is the more you pray the more you believe and it is circular.

For me there's too much evidence God exists. I'm not sure however if he is a good God...

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: nyapoka, not-2-b-the-answer, MyFinalProject and 7 others
N

numbed one

Student
May 22, 2023
By Reading and searching , also i used Al application called patalk and there was a lot of atheists in 2020

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Homo erectus and venin
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I would be more of an agnostic atheist.

I don't think you can completely rule out the possibility of and intelligent creator, but I don't think it's possible currently for us to know either way.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Homo erectus, Tobacco and 2 others
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
That is something as a Christian I struggle with as well. The no true Scotsman fallacy levied on those who are suffering and pray. I do believe miracles but I think God rarely intervenes. I too am a victim of God ruthlessly not answering my prayers. I prayed and read the Bible every night... The issue with prayer is the more you pray the more you believe and it is circular.

For me there's too much evidence God exists. I'm not sure however if he is a good God...
Hah, interesting perspective. Well said with the praying 🤟🏽

Can you list some of the arguments for the existence of god?

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Hah, interesting perspective. Well said with the praying 🤟🏽

Can you list some of the arguments for the existence of god?
Kalam argument
Cosmological argument
Telelogical
Objective morality- if you believe evil objectively exists then you are making a statement you couldn't make without God.
Not an all encompassing argument but I think there's way too much evidence a man was crucified after being tortured nearly to death. Died on the cross. 3 days later rose again presented himself to 500 people. The manuscripts close to the date of writing say 15 years from the crucifixion is huge. It was written when people who the things were still alive.

Etc...

That said for instance. God is perfect right? Therefore shouldn't everything God does/creates be perfect? Explain sin then? Why aren't we perfect? Why must we suffer? We are even said to be in his image. Therefore, by creating us imperfectly he forced himself to come to earth to "save" us. So everything that occurred is a lazy argument for God being good.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tobacco and niki wonoto
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I was raised atheist. I heard almost nothing about religion or God or the afterlife from my family for my whole life.

I knew my paternal grandparents went to church, but had no idea what denomination. They never talked about it, aside from saying Granddad was in the choir and had a beautiful voice. I learned a few years ago when Grandmom died that she was Mormon; I don't know if that was a recent change or she always was, though.

I didn't know religion even existed until shit like the Crusades was brought up in history class in school.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Costrecce, not-2-b-the-answer, Homo erectus and 4 others
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
When I had to sing hymns at high school..
I couldn't sing..
I couldn't take the humiliation..
I said goodbye to God..

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Homo erectus, Veketal and 1 other person
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Kalam argument
Cosmological argument
Telelogical
Objective morality- if you believe evil objectively exists then you are making a statement you couldn't make without God.
Not an all encompassing argument but I think there's way too much evidence a man was crucified after being tortured nearly to death. Died on the cross. 3 days later rose again presented himself to 500 people. The manuscripts close to the date of writing say 15 years from the crucifixion is huge. It was written when people who the things were still alive.

Etc...

That said for instance. God is perfect right? Therefore shouldn't everything God does/creates be perfect? Explain sin then? Why aren't we perfect? Why must we suffer? We are even said to be in his image. Therefore, by creating us imperfectly he forced himself to come to earth to "save" us. So everything that occurred is a lazy argument for God being good.
A polemic is not the finality of my thread, so I will stop here 😊
When I had to sing hymns at high school..
I couldn't sing..
I couldn't take the humiliation..
I said goodbye to God..
You should really mind your own business dude. There are people expressing real anger or sorrow here regarding these matters. If you feel like making jokes you should find a more appropriate forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: brokeandbroken
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
A polemic is not the finality of my thread, so I will stop here 😊

You should really mind your own business dude. There are people expressing real anger or sorrow here regarding these matters. If you feel like making jokes you should find a more appropriate forum.
That was the real reason 'dude'. Besides, you're actually mocking God, which is far worse. Haven't you heard that politics and religion divide people? Are you intentionally trying to do that? This section of the forum is about suicide, not God, or 'god' as you try to belittle Him with.

venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Kalam argument
Cosmological argument
Telelogical

Etc...

Ty for your arguments

Reactions: brokeandbroken
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
I became agnostic when I realized all the reasons I had to believe in hinduism were the same that christians used.
I started watching atheist videos against christianity to have more arguments against chrisitan but those arguments made me reflect on my own faith.

I believed that me being in the minor sect I was couldn't be a coincidence since it was a rare belief system. Then I realized all around the world there are too many small sects and they all think they are very special and right.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Sweet Tart and venin
N

nom de guerre

Aug 22, 2023
I wonder if this discussion is relevant & appropriate in a "suicide discussion" section? Perhaps it would belong more in the off topic- politics & philosophy section

• Informative
Reactions: mouseteacup
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
When I realized man made God, not the other way around.

• Love
Reactions: unique snowflake, not-2-b-the-answer, 020x and 6 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
when my atheist parents forced me not to believe in god.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I became agnostic when I realized all the reasons I had to believe in hinduism were the same that christians used.
I started watching atheist videos against christianity to have more arguments against chrisitan but those arguments made me reflect on my own faith.

I believed that me being in the minor sect I was couldn't be a coincidence since it was a rare belief system. Then I realized all around the world there are too many small sects and they all think they are very special and right.
What were the reasons you believed in hinduism?

S

suicidal flapper

Student
Jul 15, 2023
When my life was going to hell in my preteens I kept asking my "spiritual" peers about what to do and why God was punishing me. It was recommended that I read the Bible to understand and be "enlightened". After reading all the despicable rules and acts in the Bible it destroyed my already crumbling faith and I completely dropped my faith a few years later

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
What were the reasons you believed in hinduism?
Since I was very young I rejected christianity because it gave the teaching of an eternal hell. In hinduism everyone is eventually saved. How cool is that?

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Sweet Tart
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Really? Are you still one now, or have you switched to the denied theism?

What's your opinion? 😊
In my teenage years I was into satanism (not the one about sacrificing goats or anything like that haha, it was because I liked rock and I met friends who were into that subject and I liked it. It was not a "religion" where you worshiped a god , it was more of a philosophy based on LaVey's ideas)... But I didn't believe in any god since in that philosophy they teach you that Satan really means "opponent", so you are Satan and each one of us is ours satan himself. Then a couple of years ago my grandmother convinced me to go to a godfather from an African religion called Yoruba. I had never believed in gods but what happened when I talked to that man was something that to this day I have not been able to explain, so I entered that religion. I also practice Buddhism in a certain way since I like Buddhist philosophy as a way of life. But if we talk about believing in gods, it would be the Yoruba religion.

• Wow
Reactions: Sweet Tart and Tobacco
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
When my life was going to hell in my preteens I kept asking my "spiritual" peers about what to do and why God was punishing me. It was recommended that I read the Bible to understand and be "enlightened". After reading all the despicable rules and acts in the Bible it destroyed my already crumbling faith and I completely dropped my faith a few years later

@nom de guerre Losing your faith or realising there's nothing supranatural in this existence usually go hand in hand with depression and suicidality.

So, no. I don't think it's that off-topic.

On the other hand, if that's your opinion, you could've just ignored the thread.

Factually, your comment is off-topic.

I also think christianity is absurd and just bonkers, @Flapper
Since I was very young I rejected christianity because it gave the teaching of an eternal hell. In hinduism everyone is eventually saved. How cool is that?
And why did you eventually leave hinduism?
In my teenage years I was into satanism (not the one about sacrificing goats or anything like that haha, it was because I liked rock and I met friends who were into that subject and I liked it. It was not a "religion" where you worshiped a god , it was more of a philosophy based on LaVey's ideas)... But I didn't believe in any god since in that philosophy they teach you that Satan really means "opponent", so you are Satan and each one of us is ours satan himself. Then a couple of years ago my grandmother convinced me to go to a godfather from an African religion called Yoruba. I had never believed in gods but what happened when I talked to that man was something that to this day I have not been able to explain, so I entered that religion. I also practice Buddhism in a certain way since I like Buddhist philosophy as a way of life. But if we talk about believing in gods, it would be the Yoruba religion.
What did you feel?🤔

Last edited:
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Any chapter in a science or technology book shows the brain is a machine. And that The mind consciousness thinking sentience is generated solely by the brain.

Especially any book on the brain or psychology

There is no soul , afterlife, no reincarnation , god , devil, no magic nothing supernatural at all

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceinNeverland, tpboy, Sweet Tart and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Used to be a devout christian - then my child was murdered and the people who did it walked away scot free. THere is NO god

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: OMAX, AliceinNeverland, Sweet Tart and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I was always an atheist, all my life but I still had some hope that there was some sort of higher power watching over us. I prayed every night that this higher power would make me more fortunate later in my life but it really didn't work. Maybe around 3 years ago I stopped praying and just dealt with the fact that all I'll ever do thats worthwhile in this world is ctb, and very soon, hopefully.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Tobacco and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Used to be a devout christian - then my child was murdered and the people who did it walked away scot free. THere is NO god
That's horrible… I'm so sorry for your loss

There really isn't. Otherwise we wouldn't be here praying we die in our sleep so we don't have to violently take our own lives.

Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx and wait.what
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
I've always been one. My family tried to force me to go to church as a kid and I was having none of it. I'm about as anti religious as they come lol

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I was always an atheist, all my life but I still had some hope that there was some sort of higher power watching over us. I prayed every night that this higher power would make me more fortunate later in my life but it really didn't work. Maybe around 3 years ago I stopped praying and just dealt with the fact that all I'll ever do thats worthwhile in this world is ctb, and very soon, hopefully.
This is me on and off, for the last couple of years 😑

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン