Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
It's been years but miss her, she was the best friend i ever had until we lost touch, she cared about how i was doing, cheered me up in bad times, oh well, i haven't had a friend like that again, i hope to have this type of friends in the afterlife somehow. I miss having someone to talk to everyday who values me, i only chat with a few randoms. All feels so empty and pointless in loneliness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sick of it all
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It's been years but miss her, she was the best friend i ever had until we lost touch, she cared about how i was doing, cheered me up in bad times, oh well, i haven't had a friend like that again, i hope to have this type of friends in the afterlife somehow. I miss having someone to talk to everyday who values me, i only chat with a few randoms. All feels so empty and pointless in loneliness.
I hope you find someone like her. I am friendless too. A friend of 14 years kept being flaky and ghosting me, so I had to "break up" with her.

• Hugs
Reactions: abyss and Zegers
abyss

abyss

Jul 13, 2022
If I could give any advice it would be to try not be so sentimental and to detach yourself if possible. We can all sometimes create a rosy image of people from our past but no one is perfect. It's extremely rare that someone would express such sentiment towards us, so we should take that into consideration and be balanced. I'm saying this as someone who spent years unable to get over a friend I had but the reality is that not everything was great with that relationship and I could have met plenty of good people in that timeframe if I was open to the idea instead of moping around over her and creating an idealised unrealistic image of her in my mind. I know it's hard though, I get where you're coming from.

Reactions: Celerity
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
If I could give any advice it would be to try not be so sentimental and to detach yourself if possible. We can all sometimes create a rosy image of people from our past but no one is perfect. It's extremely rare that someone would express such sentiment towards us, so we should take that into consideration and be balanced. I'm saying this as someone who spent years unable to get over a friend I had but the reality is that not everything was great with that relationship and I could have met plenty of good people in that timeframe if I was open to the idea instead of moping around over her and creating an idealised unrealistic image of her in my mind. I know it's hard though, I get where you're coming from.
Sorry about your experience but the situation you describe is not similar. We were friends and she was a good friend, that's all.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I also miss a person which was both a good friend and my lover. We had a great time together, shared a lot of experiences, I tolld her things about me I nver told anybody. At the end she betrayed me and left me when things become difficult for me on the job. I feel so alone now.

Reactions: Zegers