ptolemaea

ptolemaea

♱ Sweet, mourning lamb
Mar 27, 2023
i've been on prozac previously, but i don't remember it ever making me feel this terrible. i'm more suicidal than i was off it! my current dose is 20mgs. should i go off my medication? it's only been a few days, and i know you tend to feel worse before you feel better, but prozac has already failed me before. i really doubt it could be worth it

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
It takes 12 weeks sometimes. Sucks to that I know. For me, it helped me straight away with energy, week 5 with quietened suicidal thoughts, week 12 again suicidal thoughts reduced again. At week 5 I practiced hanging. myself, was in despair. Not sure if that was the prozac making things worse...maybe it was.

how long were you on it before and at what dose? Did it help for a bit? Why has your doctor not tried another medication if you have already tried prozac? Did it help you for a while?

I always recommend the Facebook groups for medication as people cheer eachg other on to keep going and share any side effects.

Good luck, hope it helps you.

starrvingstar

starrvingstar

suicidal anorexic
Apr 9, 2023
dont stop taking them, you should give it a shot and wait it out.

manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
it's only been a few days
Give it some more time. Maybe tell your doctor it's making you a bit worse too so they can monitor you or something. SSRIs tend to suck sometimes for a few weeks before you see improvement no matter which one.

7thundercloud

7thundercloud

Apr 2, 2023
Everyone is diff but prozac made my mood blow up. I was angry all the time. Give it a shot or mb change meds if u can

B

beyondgone

Mar 3, 2023
been bumped up to 60mg per day just this week, if it does work it works in cycles you'll feel a little better then out of no where worse than ever but for me it's the same with anything I've been through all of the ssri medications and nothing works for me