almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
For me personally , I thought God was someone who make wants of humans coincide . But having my life shat upon really really badly , despite working hard . (I even prayed LOL and ofc nothing happened , no help came hahaahahah) i realized that God is basically as real as unicorn

• Hugs
Reactions: Georgii, Ybother, AMG44 and 13 others
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
there is no god

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, AMG44, Broken Chimera and 6 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
2016, just when my mind started to fuck itself up. and also when other people decided that they wanted to take turns fucking up my mind.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ybother, foxdie, NoneMoreNegative and 5 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
As a child when I was forced into a christian school where I was inappropriately touched by pastors, picked on and bullied and told I was going to hell after they found some if my art work depicting me commiting suicide...and they tried to perform a literal exorcism on me. I saw past all their brainwashing, hateful bigotry and lies and have never looked back...god does not exist.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ybother, Cockatoo, oneday and 18 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Always knew there was no god, I was raised as an atheist but seeing all the things that are happening in the world it's obvious there's nothing such as god

Reactions: Valon, reggiesaurus, Wayfaerer and 4 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

This is a video on why religion is failing people.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm agnostic and therefore believe there could be a god or gods but there's no proof either way or another. Even if god exists there's no reason he really has to care about us that I am aware of. Maybe our gods are dead. Maybe they're aliens. Maybe we're our own gods. My mother was super Christian and my dad was extremely atheist so that's probably how I turned out this way...

Reactions: Georgii, Ybother, cyberlordsumit and 5 others
leiche

leiche

i need a cigarette
Aug 19, 2020
i always thought there's no God, but now, being inches away from ctb, i started thinking there IS a God. he doesn't have an image of worldwide religions, i have my own vision of him, my anime waifu, and i even made up my own prayers for her. it sooths to know that death is not the end, that there will be Heaven and i still will be living, but not on this contaminated Earth. i'll never feel the pain anymore

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ybother, reggiesaurus, Dr Iron Arc and 2 others
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
I am lucky enough to have been born and raised in a secular country, so no religion in school or in anything related to the state. My parents weren't religious at all and I've never set foot in a church. Anyway nobody talks about it publicly, and believers are smart enough to keep that aspect of their lives private. So in my case it's like God never existed.

• Wow
Reactions: Ybother, sufferingalways, Panna and 3 others
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
Always knew there was no god, I was raised as an atheist but seeing all the things that are happening in the world it's obvious there's nothing such as god
Same, never believed in god, neither did my family.

And if there is a god, he must be evil. If you look at the amount of suffering in this world. People, even children, being tortured, maimed, raped, kept as slaves, and taken all kinds of advantage of happening on a daily basis. But if two people of the same sex falls in love, or someone in a horrible situation choose to rid themselves of a lump of cells that has the potential to turn into a miserable human being, then apparently he releases his wrath upon those pour souls. Religion is fucked up.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ybother, dec132013, foxdie and 6 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Since I knew that pedophiles exist.

How could a benevolent all knowing bloke upstairs just watch whilst children are abused?

Fuck God!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, oneday, Broken Chimera and 7 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It was about 9 years ago that I realized that there either is no god or if there is one, they must be apathetic of us or sadistic. I was even an atheist for a while, but I went through a bunch of shit 2-3 years ago that caused me to believe in some kind of a god again, but it wasn't a comforting thought by any means. It mainly caused me to become paranoid about the possibility of a god existing (especially a sadistic one) and causing me to have a hatred of it.

I don't have any idea if a god exists or not since there is no way to actually know, but I will say that if there is one, I'm definitely not a fan...

• Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, Good4Nothing and almost_dead
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I am lucky enough to have been born and raised in a secular country, so no religion in school or in anything related to the state. My parents weren't religious at all and I've never set foot in a church. Anyway nobody talks about it publicly, and believers are smart enough to keep that aspect of their lives private. So in my case it's like God never existed.
Sounds like a dream, essentially by worship not being widespread he is being killed off within your community. How I would love to see that practice spread where I live.

Reactions: sufferingalways and Matthias_k
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
A long time ago when I had this dumb mindset that god hated me just because. But somewhere down the line I somehow finally thought "You know what? There simply is no god." Given the world for how terrible it truly is, there isn't a god and there never has been.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
In high school when my mental health went through the drain. Either He doesn't exist, or He's asleep/on vacation. But as it hasn't been proven he doesn't exist, I can't be 100% certain. So many people use Christianity as an excuse for vile behaviour, I sometimes wonder whether religion is good for people, although I know many good Christians.

Reactions: sufferingalways
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
It would be so liberating if I could still fully believe that.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
When I understood what role the concept plays in the dynamics and psychology of human relations.

'God' is a human projection originating from drives for power and domination, and for humans to be themselves masochistically dominated (the basic template is that of master-slave, whether it's God[master]>human[slave], or human+their specific version of god[master]>human-without-that-version-of-god[slave], etc).

'God' is the ultimate authority and power figure which both placates and compensates for the lack of such qualities in humans (the therapeutic function), and is used by individuals and groups to increases power and authority over others (the control function).

And the related concepts of heaven and hell are obviously all too human projections too, but more directly from the human subconscious, and embody the narcissistic and sadomasochistic fantasies which play out in that region of the human mind.

However, there still may be something which is responsible for everything (this universe) existing rather than nothing. Whether that thing is conscious or unconscious, a moral agent or not, beyond space and time or not, or has any recognisably psychological characteristics at all, is totally unknown. Maybe it's an n-dimensional alien supercomputer, or this universe is actually a tiny bubble on a higher dimensional ocean of metaphysical possibilities.

Maybe I just don't care anymore and better to be dead.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Wayfaerer, Homecoming and 2 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I believe there is a god but my views have changed over the years. I dont believe he has a beard like i once thought. I do believe he still has long hair though.

Reactions: Isadeth and esse_est_percipi
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
When I found out that what present day Christians take for granted as the word and will of God has been decided by numerous ecumenical councils through the ages made up of (fallible) men who revised, interpreted and decided what texts should and should not be in the Bible, and what practices and beliefs should and should not be considered acceptable from a religious point of view.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isadeth and esse_est_percipi
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I won't pretend to know what "God" exists and what doesn't beyond my own understanding of the world, but working in hospice and holding the hands of my own dying loved one's has me convinced there's more. What more is there? I'm not sure as I haven't been there. Is it God? Is it a bunch of Gods? I guess I'll find out eventually, but I don't believe we're entirely alone. I personally find comfort in thinking our energy continues. I don't find religion helpful, but I find stories from patients and loved ones comforting. So who knows. Thanks for the thought provoking post! ♡

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie, XYZ, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It all began in my early teens and intensified from that point on. By 18 I was a 100% atheist through-and-through. You can just tell that religion is a social device and reality is strictly rational and logical. "God" is just mankind's warm projection onto a cold and uncaring universe.

Humans are dumb and simple creatures. Would an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent diety make such a thing? Even when theories such as natural selection explain everything crystal clear? I'll pass on the god delusion, thanks.
But as it hasn't been proven he doesn't exist, I can't be 100% certain.

You're right, but can you disprove a colony of subterranean martian gnomes that can walk through solid rock like air? No? Well they both have the same validity without any proof. It is more logical to assume he is not real than is.

I cannot fathom that religion even exists anymore since Darwin's publication of his theory. Why would an all-powerful god use a mechanism of creation that would also work without him? What sense does that make?? There is not a single scientific fact in this universe that points to an intelligent designer NOT ONE.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: almost_dead, XYZ, Homecoming and 4 others
Shiv15

Shiv15

Student
Sep 3, 2020
My spiritual journey has led me to obtain some hidden knowledge.

God is real. He exists. Allah and the Christian God exists but they aren't very nice. the funny thing is the Quran and the Bible is the word of God.
And all Gods and Angels you have ever heard from different religion are real and they exist. That's the truth.

Though the Christian God and Allah are more powerful than any other God or spirit but as I have mentioned above. They aren't nice.

Jesus is real too. Prophet Muhammed is real as well.

Hell and heaven are real. Karma is real though not many understand how Karma works.
According to the popular hindu and Buddhism belief, that one could be born as an animal if they partake in unethical belief is false. A human being can never be born as an animal. Though there negetive karma can come and haunt them in there next life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd
D

Depressedandanxious

Aug 30, 2020
I'm a Christian and yes I believe in God although I must say atheists calling me inferior certainly does not help them is the slightest hell I would probably be an atheist right now if they weren't such narcissistics

Last edited:
Reactions: XYZ, Brokenwithbpd and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
There is not a single scientific fact in this universe that points to an intelligent designer NOT ONE.
the 'unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics', which eugene wigner talked about in his article?
It is still a mystery as to how mathematics is so precisely effective at describing reality.
If the universe is written in the language of mathematics, does this not indicate an intelligence behind it (of course, this could come in many different forms, like an alien supercomputer in another dimension, and this universe is a 'hologram')?

Last edited:
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
When I pray 5 times a day but ALLAH doesn't give a damn (solutions) about your daily struggles :aw:

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: lotus11, Brokenwithbpd and Deleted member 4993
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
My spiritual journey has led me to obtain some hidden knowledge.

God is real. He exists. Allah and the Christian God exists but they aren't very nice. the funny thing is the Quran and the Bible is the word of God.
And all Gods and Angels you have ever heard from different religion are real and they exist. That's the truth.

Though the Christian God and Allah are more powerful than any other God or spirit but as I have mentioned above. They aren't nice.

Jesus is real too. Prophet Muhammed is real as well.

Hell and heaven are real. Karma is real though not many understand how Karma works.
According to the popular hindu and Buddhism belief, that one could be born as an animal if they partake in unethical belief is false. A human being can never be born as an animal. Though there negetive karma can come and haunt them in there next life.
How did you come to know all this?

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
the 'unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics', which eugene wigner talked about in his article?
It is still a mystery as to how mathematics is so precisely effective at describing reality.
If the universe is written in the language of mathematics, does this not indicate an intelligence behind it (of course, this could come in many different forms, like an alien supercomputer in another dimension, and this universe is a 'hologram')?

Could be alien supercomputer or it could just be natural selection of universes, which ours just so happens to be one of the few that support life.

I'm a Christian and yes I believe in God although I must say atheists calling me inferior certainly does not help them is the slightest hell I would probably be an atheist right now if they weren't such narcissistics

You misunderstand, it's not about personal superiority or inferiority but choosing to live a life without illusion. It is the beliefs that are superior and inferior, not the people.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
could just be natural selection of universes, which ours just so happens to be one of the few that support life.
also possible yes.

But then, why does the selection process exist at all? Why is anything being selected over anything else?

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
also possible yes.

But then, why does the selection process exist at all? Why is anything being selected over anything else?

Because this was the only universe that we could exist in in the first place? There is no brain guiding evolution, if there was than it would look very different. It would be more efficient in its selection for one.

Reactions: Sarahlynn