F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Just seen an interesting YouTube video by Eckhart Tolle:

He believes that we are mere conduits of consciousness. Like radio's are to radio waves. Also- that consciousness is therefore one greater thing. I guess that this would also include animals. It's fascinating- it reminds me of Star Wars and the 'force' within everything.

To some extent- I suppose it COULD lend a reason to purpose behind life. What if this greater consciousness is trying to experience every possible thing it can- through us. So then- how much control do we have? Did it choose to birth us in the first place? I guess I'm still left with a whole lot of question's why... If the goal- it's goal (consciousness) is to get us to a point of awakening- Why? I suppose if we TRULY saw how we were all connected- we would stop trying to destroy everything in sight. That would be good.

What IS spiritual awakening? Is it this realisation that we are part of a greater whole? Why aren't we born like this? Is it because of how we are brought up/ what we are taught? In which case- if we were taught to think like that from the start- wouldn't we 'achieve' that earlier? Would it be the same though? Isn't it more of a spiritual experience- rather than a psychological one? I'm just really curious.

I suppose I'm more inclined to think that consciousness is manifested by the brain. That feelings of spirituality don't necessarily mean that it's how the world actually works. My brain is perfectly capable of believing things that aren't real.

I guess it depends on what we define consciousness as though. I suppose I would say physical changes to the brain- brain damage can affect a person. To the extent it can leave them in a vegetative state. ARE those people still conscious at some level? Or- are they at a point where their brains can no longer either pick up consciousness from this great source- or- produce it for themselves?

I'm sure some animals are conscious in a similar way to us but perhaps not all- do jellyfish experience consciousness? How about ants and bess? They REALLY fascinate me because they have 'hive' minds pretty much- acting for the greater good- as one organism. They DEFINITELY seem to be working off of one consciousness- as separate receivers. We're not like that though.

I'm fascinated- for those out there who have 'awakened' or- who know more about this- does it give you a clearer idea on what you are supposed to do in life? I'm guessing it can't entirely make people content though- if they are contemplating suicide.

What are everyone's thoughts? Do you believe consciousness is reliant and manifested by the physical brain- or do you think there is something greater at work- that we all tap in to?

Reactions: vaguebluur
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I think the nature of consciousness resembles a wet fart, you can't help it, if you try to hold it back it explodes, you never know quite how bad it's going to sting you (literally and metaphorically), it could quite possibly leave a stain on its birthplace, the folks effected by it become disgusted, hell even the people who birth it sometimes resent it.

• Yay!
Reactions: kansatsu, Forever Sleep and kitch
B

beyondgone

Mar 3, 2023
Anything only exists because we/I perceive it to exist maybe when I go we all go for everything becomes nothing

Reactions: Source Energy and Forever Sleep
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Trip mushrooms and watch the sky.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Worth a watch.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I do believe in all that, too, I think we are all part of an infinite consciousness blanket. Yes, animals, plants, rocks, ants. If you try to kill an ant or a slug it runs away, tries to camouflage on something the same color...they don't have a brain but they are conscious. So goes for plants, even for water. There was a water experiment book I forgot the author how if you give water different energy and intention it can form beautiful Chrystals or not. It is all energy, and it is all conscious...

For those interested, I recommend the fiction novel Observer by Robert Lanza. He's a MD and a scientist so the premise is backed by physics. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch is great too - similar theme.

Non fiction, more on consciousness and the multiverse theory:
I am I create by Erin Wesley
The Game of Life and How to play it by Florence Scovel Shinn
Who We really are and How Reality Works by Andrew Soltau

• Love
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
I regard it as something that doesn't control the body but tags along for the ride. Hence why I find punishment for the sake of punishment to be bizarre. You're hurting consciousness for something the body it never chose to be tied to did.