Eridanos

Eridanos

Confused
Feb 24, 2020
How is currently your relationship with your parents? How it used to be? How do you feel about it?

I have a weird relationship with mine, i both hate and love them at the same time.
On one hand I feel like I must apreaciate them for the sacrifices they did for me but on the other I feel like if it weren't for my parents I wouldn't have so many mental issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I love them unconditionally but hate them too. I hate them because they didn't help me when I needed it. It fell on deaf ears, I was treated like a crazy person. They've really fucked me up. I know they didn't mean to but I still don't want to see them. They're a reminder of my own failings, that I ever trusted them

• Hugs
Reactions: Viola and Eridanos
Ryuk

Ryuk

Feb 24, 2020
Wish they were both dead due to the abuse

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, Élégie, Marchioness and 1 other person
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
I'll just say what I write down for all my therapists. I'm estranged from both.

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Have a great relationship with my mother always have she's a really nice person and i'm not just saying that cause she's my mum. I'm lucky.
My dad died when i was quite young, we got on ok but i wouldn't say we were close and he wasn't good to my mum which pisses me off.

Last edited:
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
My mom struggled with a lot of the same mental shit I now struggle with and passed away from cancer when I was 14.My dad became more distant and unemotional after her death,and we became estranged shortly after.Last I caught wind,he is still living,and not far from where I currently reside.Dont really have much interest in trying to make contact at this point,and seems neither does he.

That said,I have fond memories and love for both,somewhere in my scarred,blackened heart.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eridanos and terry_a_davis
alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
Dad is dead barely have any memories of him other than the abuse we had to endure under his hands. Mom is bipolar and abusive. She wished death on me on multiple occasions and when I first attempted CTB she said that she had hoped that it was successful. She also said that she wouldn't shed a single tear when I'm gone which is totally fine with me cus the feeling is mutual regarding my whole family. Except mom of course I'm still struggling to accept my hate for her.

• Aww..
Reactions: terry_a_davis
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
My Mum died 2 years ago from Bronchial pneumonia. Completely out of the blue. She was disabled and had a history of Bipolar, although when she was diagnosed decades ago it was known as Manic depression. I saw my family once a year. They never visited me in London at all. It was always me doing the running, calling, visiting etc. After my mum died my dad, brother and sister still never drove up to London to visit. But my dad would go camping with my sister, my brother in law and my nephew. My brother would drive 30 miles to see his friends in a seaside town. My dad picked my sister up from Heathrow airport, when she came back from living in Australia. Still no visits! A year and a half ago I stopped calling them. There were other factors that came into play also. My dad had a temper when we were young. My dad has tried calling me once. My brother multiple times, and my sister hasn't called me in that time. My Nan died in 2012, from cancer. My last grandparent.
I have abandonment issues, regarding my family. They are a bit scared of me, because of my mood swings and previous alcohol problems. My previous amphetamine addiction too. Although I don't think they knew about the speed addiction. I'm no longer drinking or doing speed. But they've never really forgotten or forgiven my wild child behaviour. I'll always be a disappointment. They like to keep me at arms length. Even years after my reformation. When I was younger, there was physical discipline too, my dad used to hit me with a belt, my siblings too. He feels remorseful for that and I've forgiven him.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I don't think I love them. My father took zero interest in me and my mom is emotionally abusive. I find it hard to love someone who you barely know.