Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
I can see why this could be a bad or a good thing. Its understandable that parents, friends or anyone who can't stomach seeing death would be dramatically affected due to witnessing the persons suicide. But the amount of pain and anguish you could save someone by video documenting your death is insane honestly. I bet there's plenty of people out there who would have gotten themselves seriously hurt or permanently damaged when attempting because of all of the misinformation that people seemingly like to spread lol. I'd rather take a video of someone's suicide over someone's opinion any day no matter how much they say they know. But where the problem lies with that is the fact that there aren't many video documented cases where people kill themselves with lesser known methods. Maybe the method is known but people just chose not to record it due to the possibility of a loved one seeing it. What do you guys think??

• Love
Reactions: lostangel
greyismyfavecolor

greyismyfavecolor

Jul 16, 2020
I've never thought about it before. Is that a common thing people do?? I think most people consider suicide a private thing and it's not that much about loved ones seeing it, but about not wanting to make it public.

Who would end the livestream though?

Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
I wasn't here at the time, but didn't the user Moonicide livestreamed?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not like the sound of it honestly. I think people may get traumatised after seeing a stream of someone ctb. It just fills me with dread the process of dying. To me suicide is a private thing and I want to die alone.

Reactions: tora and fedupwithlife
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

Oct 20, 2020
I've never thought about it before. Is that a common thing people do?? I think most people consider suicide a private thing and it's not that much about loved ones seeing it, but about not wanting to make it public.

Who would end the livestream though?
Usually when people live stream their suicide, its ended by whoever shows up to the scene first. Maybe live streaming isn't the best idea, but recording would be better so nobody is watching it live? There have been cases where people have screen recorded someone else's live suicide. Its not a common thing suicide victims do but when they do, it can be extremely useful to people who studies suicide cases.
I wasn't here at the time, but didn't the user Moonicide livestreamed?
I believe it was a video call

Reactions: Midgardsorm
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
There are many videos of people hanging and shooting themselves, the majority are from 3rd world countries. I have also seen a stream where a girl hanged herself in the USA.

If you're going to shoot yourself then streaming is fine but if you are doing other methods it gets risky because someone can report you and you won't know and then the police will find your home address and can interrupt you.

If you're successful with your suicide it will be saved and posted on gore websites where tens of thousands will watch it.

Unless I was going to shoot myself I wouldn't stream it not even privately.

Reactions: Dymming Star6, overcomingfear, it's_all_a_game and 1 other person
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

Oct 20, 2020
I do not like the sound of it honestly. I think people may get traumatised after seeing a stream of someone ctb. It just fills me with dread the process of dying. To me suicide is a private thing and I want to die alone.
I can respect that. I believe in helping others more then helping myself so if maybe not live streaming but video recording my suicide helps other suicidal people or medical professionals understand more about suicide or the method or whatever then I'm all for it.
There are many videos of people hanging and shooting themselves, the majority are from 3rd world countries. I have also seen a stream where a girl hanged herself in the USA.

If you're going to shoot yourself then streaming is fine but if you are doing other methods it gets risky because someone can report you and you won't know and then the police will find your home address and can interrupt you.

If you're successful with your suicide it will be saved and posted on gore websites where tens of thousands will watch it.

Unless I was going to shoot myself I wouldn't stream it not even privately.
Right but I hate the fact that there are little to no video recordings of lesser known methods. Someone might only have 1 or 2 methods they could use and have barley information on it. So I don't think people should record themselves shooting or hanging themselves, I believe people who are going to ctb using a lesser known method would be very helpful in recording their suicide but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
R

reasonablylost

Jul 18, 2021
Not for me. To have assholes mock my death doesn't sound like something I would enjoy.
I certainly understand the desire to make others care and feel they should have done more though.

Reactions: fedupwithlife, Dymming Star6 and Lifeless mindset
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I sort of think the decision to livestream your own death is as much a personal choice as the method you choose. But you need to be responsible. Live streaming on Facebook where children and adults unexpectedly see it, is not right. It's like choosing to hang yourself on a street sign in the centre of town. YOu have to understand the impact you might have.

But if you know the risks and understand it could end up on a gore site, it's your choice.

I am certainly considering it for no other reason than it seems to resonate with me.

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
It very much depends on the person and the people watching. At one side it can make the person ctbing feel less alone while doing it, and could be informative to other people. I dont like the idea of people cheering them on and getting a ride out of it. Just doesn't feel right to me.

Reactions: fedupwithlife
E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
Yes, videos of suicide is a good idea to help those who want to die