apple2myeye!

apple2myeye!

it/its
Jun 3, 2022
not counting slurs, mine would probably have to be "vulnerable person"/"vulnerable individual". i've always thought it was a really goddamn patronizing term, even though i know it's not always used in a negative context. maybe i've just seen it be used too much by smug charlie kirk types.

Reactions: Elio24, anhedonicNfoggy, Foresight and 10 others
LoveYoux

LoveYoux

Haunted
Jun 6, 2022
First off my favourite has to be neuro-divergent
Least favourite would probably be things like schizo, mental, crazy etc

Neuro-Divergent
sounds so cool x

• Love
Reactions: chloramine, Maeve, anhedonicNfoggy and 6 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Wet blanket, emo, edgelord/edgy, and attention seeker. Fuck me for having depression, right?

Reactions: chloramine, Elio24, anhedonicNfoggy and 11 others
LucieInTheDark

LucieInTheDark

Menhera girl
Aug 3, 2021
edgy, crazy, lazy fucker
i hate this, it feels like a genuine disabilty to be mentally ill but normal people dismiss it so easily. if only they knew how much it all hurts

• Aww..
Reactions: chloramine, Hollowman, anhedonicNfoggy and 10 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
The worst one for me, personally, was telling me that my mother (who died) wouldn't want to see me like this.
Well I am sorry but I have been depressed and anxious all my life. My mother died only made matters worse. I guess I should just go out, ride a bike and forget about it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: chloramine, Freyja13, littlelungs and 7 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
  • "Nut case"
  • "Crazy person"
  • "Edgy"
  • "Weirdo"
  • "Cringe lord"
Can you imagine if an insulting term was thrown at a person for having a disease or a condition that is not associated with mental illness? There would likely be much outrage.

Reactions: chloramine, anhedonicNfoggy and 710
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable šŸ’” Rest in peace CommitSudoku šŸ¤
Mar 11, 2022
Crazy person

Reactions: chloramine, 710 and WonderingSoul
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

ęƒ³ę­»äøčƒ½ - ęƒ³ę“»äøčƒ½
Nov 23, 2020
"a danger to yourself"

Reactions: SecretDissociation, chloramine, Elio24 and 8 others
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
Liar, dramatic, lazy, weird, crazy, and attettion seeker.

Reactions: chloramine, anhedonicNfoggy, Freyja13 and 2 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Let's be honest, is there any way to refer to someone that's fucked up without saying they are fucked up? Try to say disabled without saying disabled. It's basically impossible.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, lofticries, ketchup sandwich and 1 other person
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
Let's be honest, is there any way to refer to someone that's fucked up without saying they are fucked up? Try to say disabled without saying disabled. It's basically impossible.
True, but you also don't need to be a jerk about it which I find to be the case with most people. The main issue, to me at least, is when derogatory words are used as a way to minimize or discredit someone.

Reactions: chloramine, Elio24, anhedonicNfoggy and 6 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It is the context of a label that matters, as much as a word itself. For example: "Disabled" is generally considered to be a neutral term, it is stating a persons issue(s) without any malicious intention behind it - an unloaded term to put it another way. Where as a term such as: "F**ked up" can, and is used maliciously; yes it is stating an illness or condition that a person may have, but also with the added effect of mocking them for it.

It is one thing to tell somebody that their house is on fire, it is another thing to start pointing and laughing.

Reactions: SecretDissociation, chloramine, Elio24 and 6 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Does anyone else hate the fact that the word "special person" was replaced with "person with abilities"?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I don't mind vulnerable person and I use it at times. I guess I feel very vulnerable at my worst so it describes how I feel as a sufferer. I see what you mean though.

I don't like "mentally ill". I think it has a negative tone and I have the same internal pushback to it as you do with vulnerable people. I prefer to say the condition. PTSD impacts more than one system of the body so to call it "mental" isn't telling the whole story. I guess neuro-divergent is a better description but it feels like a catchphrase for younger people, even though I appreciate that it is honest that brain function is involved in a lot of these conditions.

Reactions: chloramine, Elio24, anhedonicNfoggy and 2 others
E

Eternaloblivionplea

May 11, 2022
loony or lunatic

Reactions: chloramine
Druggy423

Druggy423

Kirie goshima
Jun 30, 2023
Probably dangerous

Reactions: chloramine and Freyja13
ć‚¢ćƒ›ćƒšćƒ³ć‚®ćƒ³

ć‚¢ćƒ›ćƒšćƒ³ć‚®ćƒ³

ā€¦
Jul 10, 2023
All of my friends call me "edgy" or "sick" when i talk about my suicidal ideation with them.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: chloramine, Elio24, anhedonicNfoggy and 3 others
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
Attention seeking. That's a lot of why I never wanted to express anything to anyone.

Lazy. Why I blamed myself for all of my problems.

As a virtue. Too many people in my family are literally proud of narcissistic or borderline tendencies that have hurt so many people around them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: chloramine, Freyja13 and apple2myeye!
brainwormz

brainwormz

Based cringelord
Jul 18, 2023
you know, it depends entirely on who's saying it. I can't stand with normies use just about any euphemism. Fuck Normies.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
"Crazy", especially when they shorten it to "cray-cray". Also the r-slur. Also "nutcase".

Reactions: chloramine and psp3000
Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
"a danger to yourself"
Oh god even though this has been true for me I hate this so much. I guess it kinda feels like the person saying this is saying they don't have trust in me and that upsets me for some reason.

Reactions: chloramine and anhedonicNfoggy
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I am not sure if this counts but I hate when people say stuff like "the trauma adds a little spice" meaning that the person has better humor or a dark sense of humor

they usually always do or say stuff like this or some joke about intrusive thoughts because they romanticize intrusive thoughts and mental illnesses a lot from what I've observed (these specific people)

Afa54a1cf8b3d557dd2a437002296c5b

and I do not find these particular people funny I find them annoying and I think that they don't understand dark humor or satire but then again everyone's definition of that is different

Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Aspie. I know it's the politically correct term for "sperg", but it just sounds horribly cringe. Sperg's miles better, even though it originated as a derogatory term, as someone on the spectrum.

Reactions: brainwormz
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
I couldn't give less of a fuck

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Probably edgelord. It seems like a really convenient way to put down people's struggles and attempts to vent as them being "edgy". I once saw an article talking about how to help an "adult child" with Paranoid Personality Disorder, which seemed super gross, but that was just one time.

C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Mentally incapable. A bunch of the others already listed here are bad as well. I hate it being made out to sound like I'm somehow not able to think rationally as soon as the want to die comes into play. Or like nothing I say matters because none of it is "real" and obviously the "real" me or whatever who doesn't want to die will feel so grateful that people violated my consent for the purposes of keeping me alive. Just. No.