Sorry if this thread has been made already
If you work, what do you do?
I'm not working at the moment due to covid 19 but I'm a stripper/exotic dancer

Reactions: kinzokukae, TheSoulless, mittensxx and 4 others
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I am a programmer, but right now I am not working due to medical problems.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, TheSoulless, Varstraben and 7 others
Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I got laid off. But I installed art at museums, galleries, and sometimes really rich peoples homes some of them were even famous

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, kinzokukae, TheSoulless and 10 others
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I'm a gaffer working in TV/film, and some commercials when I'm lucky - or rather sat on my arse during the CoVid shutdown. I'm currently designing and building the miniatures and special effects for a short movie all about dreams.

I'm currently also studying oneirology (scientific study of dreams and consciousness), but that's just a course for a hobby.

Lastly, I'm finishing off my second book all about nausea and vomiting which is due to be published in the fall.

So basically I've got a shit-load of random crap going on in my life

• Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, TheSoulless, sadghost and 6 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm a caregiver. Because of my mental state on sick leave. I work with people who are old and/or are very ill

• Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, TheSoulless, sadghost and 6 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I'm a graphic artist.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, sufferingalways, kinzokukae and 6 others
M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
Grocery worker, produce department. I cull the stands and put out fresh fruits and vegetables, and keep track of inventory on certain items. Sometimes bring in the deliveries if i work late. It's a shitty job overall. As a high functioning autistic person, grocery work is the only work that will hire me after hundreds of applications everywhere, even "higher end" retail jobs have turned me down. I'll never forget applying for a job at fucking Petco, going through the interview process, meeting all the managers and having them promise me a job and telling me how great I'd be, only to have the manager tell me over the phone straightforward that I "just don't seem talkative enough and that they're looking for more sociable people". Yup.
I just got lucky because grocery stores will hire literally anybody. I have a full-time position with benefits, but also at the same time, nobody likes me because I'm the weird girl. They've made that much clear to me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TheSoulless, sadghost, xLosthopex and 2 others
FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
Administrative assistant/ instructional aide
Work keeps me alive sometimes honestly.

Reactions: TheSoulless, sadghost, xLosthopex and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I am a superhero! I fly around fighting crime in some multicolored tights that uncomfortably squishes my balls together and rides up my crack. Okay, I lie... I merely do computer repair and other boring ass things but at least my balls are safe!

• Love
Reactions: Brink, Deleted member 1465, Varstraben and 6 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I don't work anymore cause of my back/ tailbone injury that I gotten from my last job last year after picking up a 140+ Ib box like a goddamn fucking idiot. The job was being a package handler at FedEx Ground. I do NOT recommend. I've been trying to get on disability ever since but I don't think I'll live long enough to see it if this backpain doesn't get any better till my birthday.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, Woodnote, TheSoulless and 5 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I watch patients in the ER and keep them safe. I generally sit with suicidal patients.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, TheSoulless, BaconCheeseburger and 6 others
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
I'm on a daydream vacation. Sacrified 10+ years at daytrading the financial markets, losing my sanity, not counting hours, days, nights, weekends. Never again this emptiness of dreaming life. Won't participate at the rat race anymore. I plan to cultivate idleness and work out an alternative existence.
I salute those who work meaningful passions or are useful to the society. Respect.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, TheSoulless, a.n.kirillov and 2 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Laborer at a thrift shop. Move furniture to and from places, store bags and boxes of stuff and move pallets with a pallet jack. Perfect fit for me because it doesn't require much brain power.
I got laid off. But I installed art at museums, galleries, and sometimes really rich peoples homes some of them were even famous
Wow that sounds pretty interesting, getting to install art sounds rather fun.

• Hugs
Reactions: sufferingalways, TheSoulless and Circles
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I watch patients in the ER and keep them safe. I generally sit with suicidal patients.
How does your perspective of sitting with patients who are suicidal effect your own thoughts?

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger and Green Destiny
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
How does your perspective of sitting with patients who are suicidal effect your own thoughts?
It's empowering and soothing to see in person that I'm not alone in how I feel about life.

I hope I worded this alright and you understand what I mean; I spent about 20 minutes trying to articulate how it makes me feel. :/

• Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, Deleted member 1465 and HelensNepenthe
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
It's empowering and soothing to see in person that I'm not alone in how I feel about life.

I hope I worded this alright and you understand what I mean; I spent about 20 minutes trying to articulate how it makes me feel. :/
Short and simple is okay with me. I personally believe it's an elephant in the room type of conversation what medical staff working in facilities like the one you're in handle their own emotions. There's this societal opinion that anyone working in facilities, such as your own, are numb to seeing situations that you encounter on a daily.

Reactions: sufferingalways, Deleted member 1465 and Brackenshire
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I personally believe it's an elephant in the room type of conversation what medical staff working in facilities like the one you're in handle their own emotions.
Sorry, I'm trying to think about this and my brain just feels really, really foggy. Can you explain what you mean?

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Sorry, I'm trying to think about this and my brain just feels really, really foggy. Can you explain what you mean?
Could be me -- I'm a little stoned right now.

What I'm saying is that we tend to believe people who work in medical facilities or are in medical positions are immune to feeling emotions. Yet these positions can lead to someone having a mental health emergency of their own. Apologies for any confusion, it wasn't my intention. There is little to no spotlight how workers feel when mental health patients are under their own care.

Reactions: sufferingalways and Brackenshire
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Could be me -- I'm a little stoned right now.

What I'm saying is that we tend to believe people who work in medical facilities or are in medical positions are immune to feeling emotions. Yet these positions can lead to someone having a mental health emergency of their own.
Ah, okay. Well my job is very low on the totem pole at my workplace. We're basically seen as human meat shields and worthless in many nurse's eyes. So I'm not afraid to show more emotions at work and seem less "professional" because they clearly don't see us that way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I and my coworkers have a bit more leeway in showing emotions at work.

I feel like this sounds really bad and unprofessional. Crap. I'm sorry. :/

• Aww..
Reactions: HelensNepenthe
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Ah, okay. Well my job is very low on the totem pole at my workplace. We're basically seen as human meat shields and worthless in many nurse's eyes. So I'm not afraid to show more emotions at work and seem less "professional" because they clearly don't see us that way.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I and my coworkers have a bit more leeway in showing emotions at work.

I feel like this sounds really bad and unprofessional. Crap. I'm sorry. :/
What you wrote is valid, not bad, and very honest. Thank you for sharing your perspective. I hope when asking any of these questions that I did not push anything. Thank you for sharing a small glimpse of life in your position. Many voices like yours are unheard.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
What you wrote is valid, not bad, and very honest. Thank you for sharing your perspective. I hope when asking any of these questions that I did not push anything. Thank you for sharing a small glimpse of life in your position. Many voices like yours are unheard.
You didn't push anything at all, no worries. I'm not uncomfortable sharing these things. I'm just frustrated because it's really difficult to think right now, and I want to be able to properly answer questions but am struggling to atm

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Self Employed, 2 businesses, both totally different worlds, Had 6 months sick leave, now restarting back from scratch, its gonna be a ball ache, and I have one hell of a fight on my hands, but whilst I am setting my path, I will work at them, keep convincing everyone all is fine, :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, TheSoulless and xLosthopex
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
It's both comforting and heartbreaking to see how we are all from different walks of life, and yet all feel the same pain of existence.

• Love
Reactions: Conker, FireFox, TheSoulless and 2 others
mittensxx

mittensxx

Time to go
Nov 12, 2019
Worked as a warehouse operative for 2 years after quitting a mental health nursing degree..
Currently working in a cash centre while getting a Special Needs Assistant qualification in college.
But technically unemployed for 3 months due to the virus. Loved seeing everyone's anwers tho!

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless and xLosthopex
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Self Employed, 2 businesses, both totally different worlds, Had 6 months sick leave, now restarting back from scratch, its gonna be a ball ache, and I have one hell of a fight on my hands, but whilst I am setting my path, I will work at them, keep convincing everyone all is fine, :pfff:

Aint been back in the self employed business for 5 mins and already I fuck up! wow! I can't do this shit :pfff: :aw::aw::aw::aw::aw:

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
IT at the NHS. I thought that if I wasn't working to make someone richer, and could take pride in my work that I'd feel less shit. Not the case apparently, still want to die.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Epsilon0, TheSoulless and 1 other person
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
I'm a programmer at the moment, with hope to change but I think to ctb will come before I move..
I love coding, but in reality the job is too different from the real passion for code, work on old legacy code that just make you cry, like an onion, when you go down in diapers you cry, and I cryed too much years now ... and you are not enough skilled to work on new technology programs, you work only to maintain old that could make cry anyone who have a little experience on computer science.
Maybe job is a part of my want to ctb, not the principal cause, but it help ...

• Love
Reactions: Busdriver, mediocre, TheSoulless and 1 other person
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
I'm a housekeeper at a hotel.

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless and xLosthopex
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I'm still a kiddo, so nothing at the moment. I'm trying to find a job before I have to carry out my military service next year. My goal is to study music and become a musician and/or a teacher.

• Love
Reactions: sufferingalways, Varstraben and xLosthopex
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Wannabe creative/graphic/web designer. But I've never had a job.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 1465, Varstraben and 2 others