P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
Most of us are pretty familiar with the classics; eating, exercise (especially working out), sex, listening to music, dancing, yoga, meditation, reading a book, watching a movie or TV, etc., but I'm pretty sure there's quite a few more that many of us have never even thought of.

It seems to me that finding a few good relaxation methods that work for us, would be one of the best ways to find some peace in this life, and maybe even improve our health as an added bonus.

What would be your favorite technique(s)?

Last edited:
Reactions: retention, Hero Remeer and gnarly
Hero Remeer

Hero Remeer

Sep 22, 2024
What an interesting topic, I'll be attentive to see what you publish.
Currently, what has calmed me down a lot is talking to other people, even writing here in messages. Before, what I used to do that helped me in general and I stopped practicing it due to circumstances is walking in nature like in the hills or on the beach, in addition to staying there and doing nothing, an activity that I want to take up again.
Keeping a diary or writing has also helped me a lot, over time many thoughts are released.
Greetings, I hope you are well.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
R

retention

Oneitis
Jul 29, 2024
By applying CBT techniques, I find that my anxiety and stress has greatly reduced.

CBT works by substituting distressing thoughts with rational ones. It tackles the core beliefs, aka the root of your stress and anxiety, which permanently relieves it.

You may find that medications, especially Benzodiazepines, maybe more effective in instantly calming yourself down. However, these only provide short term relief and should be used in conjunction with therapy.

Honestly, Benzodiazepine has caused me a great deal of stress. I used to pass it to my friend, as she found it helpful. However, she overdosed….

If you wish to learn more on CBT, I recommend the book Feeling Good by Dr Burns. I wish you well in your journey to recovery!

Last edited:
Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle and Hero Remeer
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
Honestly I just disassociate and then I don't feel anything at all đź’€
It's so unhealthy but it's literally like flicking a switch and in an instant everything is just gone lmao.

It's sad but the more I think about it the less I'm able to come up with any other answer besides just not feel.

• Hugs
Reactions: retention
JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Sep 10, 2024
Not saying, I think I'll get kicked off the site. My coping mechanisms are ones I wish others didn't use.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Movies, games, shows, eating copious amounts of junk food. Etc.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle