WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
mine is 087

• Love
Reactions: narval and Suicidebydeath
vultureilse

vultureilse

ready to go, just waiting for the right time!
Dec 31, 2022
very basic but 049 and 173 because of my nostalgia for containment breach. also i love 529

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
SCP-035. SCP-049 is pretty cool too. SCP-096 is probably my favorite in some SCP games though.

• Love
Reactions: narval
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
There are a lot i like, but right here right now i would say SCP-1731 and SCP-1461. The stories/reports/etc gives them something special.

Also parawatch is great, "substation 9" is the best of the canon.

From the spanish hub (things of being native spanish speaker), these are my favorites (are translated):

SCP-ES-44
Incinideers

BTW, this not-so-short clips are great:
@PleaseTakeMeAway have you seen the first one? maybe you'll find it interesting.

Reactions: PleaseTakeMeAway
PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
BTW, this not-so-short clips are great:
@PleaseTakeMeAway have you seen the first one? maybe you'll find it interesting.

I've seen all but Overlord. Have to give that a watch sometime too! :)

• Love
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
It is a fictional universe in which things that are paranormal and/or that defy the normal laws of physics happen. witches, immortal lizards, monsters of other dimensions, parallel universes, real gods, psychics, kayjus, ghosts, a infinite library, a "normal" ikea and much more. all of those are hiden/contained by a massive organization who wants to keep the normality (of course exists antagonists groups/organizations)

It was created originally in 4chan (i think) and was ported to wiki by the users who liked it. now is maintained by the comunity and anyone can expand the universe (with certain cuality rules).

and yes, videogames and clips inspires in SCP was made

Reactions: Rainy_days
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
It is a fictional universe in which things that are paranormal and/or that defy the normal laws of physics happen. witches, immortal lizards, monsters of other dimensions, parallel universes, real gods, psychics, kayjus, ghosts, a infinite library, a "normal" ikea and much more. all of those are hiden/contained by a massive organization who wants to keep the normality (of course exists antagonists groups/organizations)

It was created originally in 4chan (i think) and was ported to wiki by the users who liked it. now is maintained by the comunity and anyone can expand the universe (with certain cuality rules).

and yes, videogames and clips inspires in SCP was made
Interesting...

narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
It's like Men in Black but changing "You damn alien, get off my land" for "Ah shit, this cake hasn't fucking sense and can destroy the world. At least it isn't that eel"

F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
SCP 2935, also known as O-Death. The story around this SCP is very well written, and truly brings an unique unknown horror.

In my opinion many SCPs, specifically some of the more popular ones lost the original charm of mystery around them. And others became lost within power scaling. As if trying to claim the title of most world ending, most dangerous, most... Edgy. Able is an example. The character, along with the SCP cast around him was an unique time within the forums. Powerful humanoids written in questionable ways that appeared to identify more with anime-esque power fantasy tropes rather than horror or mystery. This time to my knowledge has passed, but remnants of it still remain.

This is not to imply anime and the tropes within them are inherently bad. There are a plethora of excellent works of art created within the genre. However, I do not believe the way Able, Cain, and other characters similar to them take the positives aspects of these series. Rather, the interesting aspects and potential story elements are harmed due to the way these characters are constructed. There are good stories written about them that can be found, however a majority I would say are not up to standard. At least in my opinion.

Allow me to also clarify that not all SCPs need to be horror focused either, the forum is filled with many tales and entities that allow more nuance than that. It is merely these SCPs I am referring to are destructive as previously stated before. Destructive due to a focus on power scaling, and creating entities for the sake of who can make the strongest person/creature rather than the most compelling one.

(Spoilers regarding SCP 682)
SCP 682. The people I have encounter either love him or hate him. I personally do not like how this SCP is often written. Part of my dislike also comes from the anger expressed towards O-Death due to the story including a dead 682. It appears to be almost a pecking order within some of these stories. SCP 173 being more powerful than 682, 682 being more powerful than 096, and so on. Beyond that, the way 682 survives some of its encounters is almost comical. Such as being erased from reality only for it to be made of particles somehow immune to such a thing. Or being flung into the sun, to which it grew wings and flew back to Earth. These were not joke stories. SCP 682 when engaging with other entities quickly becomes a story about how this SCP topples another in the most uninteresting way possible. Or, if the SCP is god-like and somehow even edgier in nature this SCP is connected to it to allow it gain those attributes by extension. Such as the Scarlet King, and 682 being retroactively one of its children once this entity was added to the universe.

• Love
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I haven't looked at SCP for some years, but my favorite has always been SCP-674 , it's not a terrifying story at all but I love its concept, not to mention the possibilities that a tool like this can have in derivative stories.

I also consider SCP-4640 good material, it breaks into that sacred precinct that is childhood, that moment of our lives where horror should not exist, at that age where memories are so blurry that reality and fiction cannot be properly separated.

I also hold SCP 5094 and 5045 in high regard for their misleading nature towards the reader, of course, both execute it in a completely different way, but without a doubt, they were the most entertaining anomalies the last time I wanted to catch up on SCP.

Reactions: ohtwoait
ohtwoait

ohtwoait

actual cyborg
Jan 20, 2023
Oh, SCP-191 100%!! I have a *serious* soft spot for characters like it. (Evidenced by my avatar, ofc). Broken cyborg child with a bunch of *mysterious* technological components and abilities, most of which are actively detrimental, the first time I read through it I was obsessed. And the Experiment Log just makes my brain happy... They rescue a scary little robot and the first thing they do when starting their experiments is teach it to draw and make it speedrun a video game, and the fact that it calls itself a "good machine" is too much for my heart šŸ„°

If we're casting aside my obvious personal obsession, I tend to like the more "simple" subjects, like the object with a negative mass. The first "complex" one that I got really into was SCP-093, an alternate-universe transport type thing. And one that I always like recommending to people is the concept of breakfast.

Reactions: Ringo