peachxgirl

peachxgirl

Oct 1, 2023
Hello everyone, I wanna know what's your favorite food to eat? I want to cook new things other than filipino food, which I still love. Just wanna open my horizon :)

• Love
Reactions: Engström
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
So many, where to begin…

Empanadas de atún, leipäjuusto (Finnish cheese bread, or vice versa)…pulla (Finnish cardamom bread), pastina with butter (comfort dish when I was a child), pasta with pink vodka sauce, membrillo, mangoes, berries of nearly all kind…dark, dark chocolate…dark, intense coffee and/or espresso…Japanese omelette tamago…

I haven't been able to eat very much because of illness however I am going to try very hard on Wednesday and Thursday to have my final meals. Colon cancer has spread to my ovaries and I am done. I plan to get an extra dirty martini or 2 if I can handle while I wait on the take out order of poutine with extra egg, and truffle fries. I very badly want/crave a caesar salad, just want to make sure the dressing does have anchovy base. I'm ordering a sandwich for a friend who works nearby, since we didn't get to have dinner before I go.

🍽️

Chef's kiss 😘

Love this topic.

Reactions: doormat25
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Hello everyone, I wanna know what's your favorite food to eat? I want to cook new things other than filipino food, which I still love. Just wanna open my horizon :)
Steak, filet mignon, KBBQ, Korean fried chicken, Korean cheese corndogs, rose tteokbokki, yakiniku, tonkatsu, shrimp tempura, sushi, ramen, Peking duck, honey butter chips, mochi, French butter cookies, crème brûlée, matcha ice cream, taiyaki, iced latte, coffee, caramel, dark chocolate, Honeycrisp apples, apple tart…

Last edited:
Reactions: doormat25
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
Oven cooked or smoked salmon. But also my grandmother's cabbage rolls. I've promised myself to learn to make them too so when she is gone I can keep her close to me by making the cabbage rolls she would always make for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Steak tartar is just so easy and tasty so despite all the better tasting dishes ik id put it at the top. Takes me a quick 10 minutes most usually

Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
Nachos! With chilli beef,cheese,jalapenos and sour cream.

avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I really like Ragù alla Bolognese. Open the spoiler for the recipe that I use. I have copy-pasted the original recipe and added my own notes in red. The most important step is to let the sauce simmer for at least an hour.

Preparation time: 30 minutes (45 for me).
Cooking time: 2 hours and 30 minutes but I let it simmer for 60 á 90 minutes.
Portions: 4

Ingredients for the Bolognese sauce
  • 125 grams pancette. Alternatively, I use bacon cubes.
  • 1 Winter carrot cut into small cubes.
  • 2 Stems of celery cut into small cubes.
  • 1 Onion, finely chopped.
  • 200 grams of ground beef.
  • 200 grams of minced veal. Alternatively, I use 400 grams of ground beef in total.
  • 150 ml of white wine.
  • 500 grams of (canned) peeled tomatoes.
  • 1 Bouillon cube of beef stock.
  • Salt & pepper to your taste.
  • Olive oil, but I use the fat of the bacon cubes.
  • Optionally: milk
Additional ingredients
  • Parmesan cheese, planed or grated.
  • Tagliatelle or pappardelle, preferably fresh. Definitely use fresh pasta which you can probably buy in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
Instructions for the bolognese sauce
  1. Cut the onion, winter carrot and celery into small cubes, about half a centimetre.
  2. Heat a layer of olive oil in a large casserole. I use a wok and skip this step.
  3. Once the oil is hot, add the pancetta (or bacon cubes) along with the chopped vegetables. Bake everything together over low heat for about 10 minutes to soften the vegetables.
  4. Add the ground beef and veal and fry for another ten minutes on low heat until the meat is cooked. Stir the minced meat regularly with a wooden spoon and season with some salt and pepper.
  5. Pour the white wine. Let everything boil softly over low heat until most of the moisture has evaporated.
  6. Cut the tomatoes into pieces and add them to the pan. Also, crumble and add the beef stock cube.
  7. Bring it to a boil and let it boil down completely. Don't forget to stir regularly to avoid burning the sauce.
  8. Preheat the oven to 150 °C and place the large casserole in the oven to let it simmer for 2 to 3 hours. This is very important for developing the right taste. Alternatively, let the sauce simmer on low heat for 60 to 90 minutes. Stir the sauce every 15 minutes to avoid burning the sauce. Or use a slow cooker if you have one.
  9. Remove the pan from the oven or stove. If necessary, you can still slightly boil down the sauce on a medium heat. Optionally, stir in a dash of milk into the sauce and let it boil gently.