• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

Gyomei

Jun 11, 2022
I want to fake an attempt because I'm kind of at a 50/50 on whether I want to die or not and my parents don't believe that I want to kill myself and nobody gives a shit. I want to fake an attempt so I can possibly get help because I think the mental healthcare in my country is pretty good. Please help me out here guys. It's like I'm stuck in hell. And before you guys say that I could actually die from it, so be it. My life is already over if I don't get help for it since it's absolutely crippling my life anyways.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Asingletwig, Life is pointless, CursedSoul and 4 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I've considered the idea of faking an attempt myself, but if I'm gonna go through the trouble, I'd rather just go all the way. What method were you thinking of faking it with? That would make it easier to come up with suggestions.

G

Gyomei

Jun 11, 2022
I've considered the idea of faking an attempt myself, but if I'm gonna go through the trouble, I'd rather just go all the way. What method were you thinking of faking it with? That would make it easier to come up with suggestions.
Fuck up the noose so I get rope burn and someone notices, overdose on a drug that isn't metabolized through the liver since I already have a liver problem. Shallow wrist slitting and say (I thought I went deep enough). I'm open to basically anything.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
How old are you?

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Al Cappella, AloneInCollege and 1 other person
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I wonder if maybe faking it isn't necessary, if you really want help with the problems you have. I don't know if you have access to your own vehicle or public transportation, but what do you think would happen if you voluntarily went to a mental hospital or emergency room and told them that you wanted to CTB? You could either tell them that you have a way to do it, or a source where you could acquire a method.

If you're confident that going to such a place would benefit you, then they should be able to help you based on that. If getting there is a problem for you, then maybe calling them and saying you need help could work. Either way, they should be able to understand the gravity of your situation without you having to fake an attempt or do it for real.

Reactions: TabooMushroom2, bed, Iamchickenhat and 6 others
G

Gyomei

Jun 11, 2022
I wonder if maybe faking it isn't necessary, if you really want help with the problems you have. I don't know if you have access to your own vehicle or public transportation, but what do you think would happen if you voluntarily went to a mental hospital or emergency room and told them that you wanted to CTB? You could either tell them that you have a way to do it, or a source where you could acquire a method.

If you're confident that going to such a place would benefit you, then they should be able to help you based on that. If getting there is a problem for you, then maybe calling them and saying you need help could work. Either way, they should be able to understand the gravity of your situation without you having to fake an attempt or do it for real.
No it needs to be an attempt. I have a car but it needs to be a fake attempt not just turning myself in to the psych ward.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
19, turned 19 last October I just live with my parents since my university and BJJ class is in their city.
In the US, most, if not all, universities offer mental health services to their students (free because it is paid for by fees). Do you have an option like that? That seems like it would be a better approach than a fake attempt.

Reactions: TabooMushroom2, bed, rationaltake and 2 others
lifetoldquickly

lifetoldquickly

Jun 12, 2022
go to a doctor or a hospital and tell them exactly how you're feeling, they should do something about it

Reactions: TabooMushroom2, wljourney, NSA and 1 other person
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Even a faked attempt can lead to you ending up in a closed psychiatric ward. So I don´t think it´s a good idea. But even if you tell a psychiatrist or doctor that you are suicidal is risky.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
No it needs to be an attempt. I have a car but it needs to be a fake attempt not just turning myself in to the psych ward.

Would they be more helpful if you faked the attempt to get in? I really wish I could come up with some better advice, but I'm trying to understand why it's necessary to fake the attempt, instead of simply asking for help or making a legitimate attempt at suicide.

Since you live in a country that has good mental health care, then I'm thinking they should be able to help you out in the same way, regardless of which of these 3 options you pick from.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Would they be more helpful if you faked the attempt to get in? I really wish I could come up with some better advice, but I'm trying to understand why it's necessary to fake the attempt, instead of simply asking for help or making a legitimate attempt at suicide.

Since you live in a country that has good mental health care, then I'm thinking they should be able to help you out in the same way, regardless of which of these 3 options you pick from.
Yes, this is very strange. Without additional information, it looks like this is more of an effort to "punish" or hurt the parents rather than get help? I would say if there is a "50%" desire to live, than getting help should be the priority, but what do I know? I'm on a suicide web site.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, wljourney and Iamchickenhat
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
You're displaying sociopathic tendencies. I would agree that you need to see a mental health professional.https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/signs-sociopath
how is this person "sociopathic"? They just sound desperate and pissed, which is understandable. I believe people use those terms far too freely. Like saying every socially awkward nerd is autistic. All it does is water down the terminology.

At any rate op, if you really want help and your country doesn't suck, just walking into any emergency room and saying, "I'm afraid I'm going to kill myself, help" should do the job. That works even in the US.

A fake suicide attempt is more likely to permanently maim you than kill you, which will just make your problems worse. Not a smart risk.

As for your family believing you, getting committed might wake them up. Or not. Some people are just really fucking good at ignoring the obvious. And unfortunately it's not possible to make people truly care. I hope you find help despite their bullshit.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, Lost in a Dream, samishii and 3 others
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
how is this person "sociopathic"? They just sound desperate and pissed, which is understandable. I believe people use those terms far too freely. Like saying every socially awkward nerd is autistic. All it does is water down the terminology.

At any rate op, if you really want help and your country doesn't suck, just walking into any emergency room and saying, "I'm afraid I'm going to kill myself, help" should do the job. That works even in the US.

A fake suicide attempt is more likely to permanently maim you than kill you, which will just make your problems worse. Not a smart risk.

As for your family believing you, getting committed might wake them up. Or not. Some people are just really fucking good at ignoring the obvious. And unfortunately it's not possible to make people truly care. I hope you find help despite their bullshit.
Read the tendencies if you don't understand the term.

NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
I'd try to explore doing a voluntary admission for suicidal ideation/plan before I faked an attempt. But then again, I'd personally probably just do a legitimate attempt before I go inpatient, as I don't think I would gain much from an inpatient experience. I've done intensive outpatient before and I don't think I find mental health treatments very effective for me.

I hope you are able to get the help you want without resorting to a faked attempt.

• Love
Reactions: Gyomei, Lost in a Dream and Cathy Ames
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
Read the tendencies if you don't understand the term.
It is important to realize that people have many personality traits. Someone may exhibit selfishness or act aggressively, but that doesn't mean they are a sociopath
Your article proves my point.

Last edited:
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Ok, I am not going to ask for your motives why attempt vs asking for help.
I think I get it, but that really doesn't matter.

Hanging works surprisingly often I was told. Especially for people who flirt with hanging and then simply can't get up from partial suspension, black out and actually really die.

Cutting leaves nasty scars. Even if you just cut superficially. Not fun. Not nice. Not recommended.

An overdose would work best.
They rarely work.
But a drug that isn't metabolized via the liver… more difficult.
Have you looked into a combination of benzoes like Lorazepam and Tylenol?

It will knock you out good. Also some cramps, pain, disorientation. Definitely sick enough for hospital admission.

Maybe that's a route you can take, depending what you have access to.

peanuts

peanuts

May 27, 2022
You're displaying sociopathic tendencies. I would agree that you need to see a mental health professional.https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/signs-sociopath
That is a pretty brazen label you've just placed on this person. People who have minor mental health issues may have sociopathic tendancies - gosh I know people who are impulsive, don't learn from mistakes/punishment and are useless with responsibilities.

From OP's post, they're desperate for help. They're not doing it out of lack of empathy for others, they're not doing it for personal gain (other than support which they are entitled to), they're not trying to manipulate people. The only person they're hurting is themselves, and by not doing ANYTHING they're also hurting themselves. It's a suicide gesture, not sociopathy.

"The term suicide gesture continues to be used contemporarily both in clinical practice and in research. For example, in the National Comorbidity Study, suicide gestures were defined as "self-injury in which there is no intent to die, but instead an intent to give the appearance of a suicide attempt in order to communicate with others"

Abusive husbands will tell their wife that they will kill themselves if she leaves or tells on him - that's sociopathic tendancies.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Notcutoutforlife, NoLightRemains and 1 other person
Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021
Self harming works, I suppose. You can accidentally show them your bruises/scars once.

peanuts

peanuts

May 27, 2022
I want to fake an attempt because I'm kind of at a 50/50 on whether I want to die or not and my parents don't believe that I want to kill myself and nobody gives a shit. I want to fake an attempt so I can possibly get help because I think the mental healthcare in my country is pretty good. Please help me out here guys. It's like I'm stuck in hell. And before you guys say that I could actually die from it, so be it. My life is already over if I don't get help for it since it's absolutely crippling my life anyways.

I'm not going to beat around the bush - this is I think what you asked for.

You could overdose on paracetamol (I would go probably at least 10g), you would need to seek help shortly afterwards, it might be a bit of a painful few days but so long as you get NAC you shouldn't do serious long term damage

You could go to a cliff edge or bridge etc and ring for help.

If you're on antidepressants (SSRIs) you could take a bunch of them, the risk is serotonin syndrome - which can be lethal but so long as you get treatment quickly it can be reversed with no lasting effects. I've done this - I got a mild case of serotonin syndrome, shivering, fever, diarrhea (this was the worst side effect lmao) and drowsiness which lasted a few days.

If you have other meds in the house, google the lethal dose, and take a LOT less than this but also a lot more than the recommended dose. Somewhere in the middle.

Else you could just ring for help and say you're suicidal and need help.

I am sorry you're feeling so shit. Life is hard, I hope you get the help you need.

• Love
Reactions: Gyomei, Notcutoutforlife and Lost in a Dream
G

Gyomei

Jun 11, 2022
I'm not going to beat around the bush - this is I think what you asked for.

You could overdose on paracetamol (I would go probably at least 10g), you would need to seek help shortly afterwards, it might be a bit of a painful few days but so long as you get NAC you shouldn't do serious long term damage

You could go to a cliff edge or bridge etc and ring for help.

If you're on antidepressants (SSRIs) you could take a bunch of them, the risk is serotonin syndrome - which can be lethal but so long as you get treatment quickly it can be reversed with no lasting effects. I've done this - I got a mild case of serotonin syndrome, shivering, fever, diarrhea (this was the worst side effect lmao) and drowsiness which lasted a few days.

If you have other meds in the house, google the lethal dose, and take a LOT less than this but also a lot more than the recommended dose. Somewhere in the middle.

Else you could just ring for help and say you're suicidal and need help.

I am sorry you're feeling so shit. Life is hard, I hope you get the help you need.
Thank you I really appreciate this
Ok, I am not going to ask for your motives why attempt vs asking for help.
I think I get it, but that really doesn't matter.

Hanging works surprisingly often I was told. Especially for people who flirt with hanging and then simply can't get up from partial suspension, black out and actually really die.

Cutting leaves nasty scars. Even if you just cut superficially. Not fun. Not nice. Not recommended.

An overdose would work best.
They rarely work.
But a drug that isn't metabolized via the liver… more difficult.
Have you looked into a combination of benzoes like Lorazepam and Tylenol?

It will knock you out good. Also some cramps, pain, disorientation. Definitely sick enough for hospital admission.

Maybe that's a route you can take, depending what you have access to.
Thank you so much!
Yeah I'm sociopathic because I want to fake an attempt to go to a psych ward and get the help I need mhm sure

Yeah I worded my post incorrectly I just need them to wake up and realize that something is wrong with me they just make fun of me for everything

Yeah I worded my post incorrectly I just need them to wake up and realize that something is wrong with me they just make fun of me for everything

Last edited: