• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm in pain right now due to my time of the month and it's cucked. I'm literally bedridden from period cramps. My stomach hurts so much. What's the point of being able to feel pain? It's so dumb, useless and actually harmful

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, Jay Sea, DeIetedUser4739 and 16 others
Maggiemags

Maggiemags

Jun 12, 2024
To avoid what is causing it. Internal pains help when injured to illicit a response where you lay down and rest. Pain sucks but thats the reason.

Reactions: todiefor, deadtomorrow, bed and 4 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I'm in pain right now due to my time of the month and it's cucked. I'm literally bedridden from period cramps. My stomach hurts so much. What's the point of being able to feel pain? It's so dumb, useless and actually harmful
According to the Bible, pain, (and everything that feels negative), is a result of Adam and Even sinning and bringing a curse upon creation. The good news is that the world will (hopefully soon) end and then the universe will be recreated to have laws of physics where there is no decay, deformation and destruction anymore.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
To keep you alive.

• Aww..
Reactions: todiefor, divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
The point of pain is to keep you alive long enough to reproduce so that evolution can work. If we didn't feel pain, we'd die way early on in life as we wouldn't exactly know what is dangerous or not (for example, how would humans know that viruses are dangerous if we didn't feel pain from them).

Pain sucks and I really wish that pain doesn't exist. I hate that pain exists

Reactions: todiefor, myusername890, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Only your body's way of telling you that something is wrong, whether the pain is caused by physical reasons, or even emotional ones. It's just a signal to you that everything is not copacetic and you need to/should take some action to fix the cause, if possible. There is no "point" to it as in some kind of "hidden meaning" or something.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
It depends on what you mean.

Our biological body needs pain.
Among other things, because pain informs us that something bad is happening to us.
Without pain, we wouldn't know this.
As an interesting fact, I can say that there is a rare genetic disease that causes a person to not feel pain.

As for pain from a philosophical perspective, well...I don't know.
Everyone can have their own explanation or interpretation.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Period pain is meant to punish women for not getting pregnant which is a different pain in and of itself.

Pain in general is just how your body sends signals to your brain about what it thinks it needs.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, sserafim and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Im thankful for birth control that stops my periods

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Period pain is meant to punish women for not getting pregnant which is a different pain in and of itself.

Pain in general is just how your body sends signals to your brain about what it thinks it needs.
I have a conspiracy theory that periods are painful because your body wants you to get pregnant

Reactions: Rocinante, Alexei_Kirillov, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Nope, cramps are just a result of the uterus having contractions. This is done to help expel the lining and period cramps aren't meant to hurt that much.

@sserafim if your period cramps are hurting you so badly that you are bedridden then I'd recommend that you go and see a gynaecologist since that isn't normal. It could be a sign of a medical condition, like endometriosis.

• Informative
Reactions: AvwJ, jar-baby, yellowjester and 5 others
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I get that we need pain to warn us from harm and all that evolution thing, but why are we able to feel insane amounts of pain? Mild to moderate pain should be enough to fill that protective role. The fact that we have capacity to feel excruciating level of pain is suspicious. It could be some kind of malevolent design
If it helps... men can sometimes get ballsack pain which can last for weeks (Source: my ex)

Last edited:
Reactions: annointed_towers, pthnrdnojvsc, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
Yarani

Yarani

When I deserve it the least, I need love the most.
Mar 29, 2024
Mild to moderate pain should be enough to fill that protective role. The fact that we have capacity to feel excruciating level of pain is suspicious. It could be some kind of malevolent design
Disagree. Less pain means you could potentially endure the cause longer. Take fire or a hot plate. It could mean serious tissue/nerve damage. Just an example. The problem is pain where you can't successfully eliminate the cause and/or it's not really a threat to your health. But pain doesn't discriminate like that.

Reactions: jar-baby and yellowjester
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Nope, cramps are just a result of the uterus having contractions. This is done to help expel the lining and period cramps aren't meant to hurt that much.
I'm just going by what my mom and sister told me. I'm sure if the world were less cruel these cramps wouldn't have to be as painful. 😣

Reactions: Message In A Bottle and sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'm just going by what my mom and sister told me. I'm sure if the world were less cruel these cramps wouldn't have to be as painful. 😣
Cramps aren't supposed to be that painful. They're usually only very painful if you have a medical condition.

• Wow
Reactions: Raindancer, leavingthesoultrap and Dr Iron Arc
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Disagree. Less pain means you could potentially endure the cause longer. Take fire or a hot plate. It could mean serious tissue/nerve damage. Just an example. The problem is pain where you can't successfully eliminate the cause and/or it's not really a threat to your health. But pain doesn't discriminate like that.
As someone with endometriosis and fibromyalgia I am kinda aware of "useless" pain

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and fleetingnight
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Mother Nature is punishing you for not haphazardly reproducing like all of these disgusting people around the world are. Don't give in. You can't let her win.

• Aww..
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and divinemistress36
A

Artemisia

Experienced
May 24, 2024
Actually, the purpose of pain is letting you know something is wrong. Periods shouldn't be painful beyond a mild discomfort. I'd say you should see a doctor, but given my experience with such creatutes, you're probably better served spending the money in a new pair of shoes... But yes, women's pain is often ignored, especially period pain, so we're often lead to think it's normal. It's not.
Sometimes the reason however can be hard to determine. I used to have horrible periods too when I was young. I was skinny, borderline clinically underweight (no, I didn't have an eating disorder). But then the years went by and I began putting on some weight, and lo and behold... My periods became clockwork regular and came with little pain. We ladies do need a decent amount of fat to work properly. Not suggesting your case is like mine, just that there's definitely an underlying issue to your pain.
I have a conspiracy theory that periods are painful because your body wants you to get pregnant
Please, please, please, don't buy into that bs! It has absolutely no relation! I was told that too when I was young... Bs! Bs! Bs! Please seek a good, preferably female, gynecologist. You don't have to suffer like that or buy into old wives theories that have absolutely no fundament.

Last edited:
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
As an interesting fact, I can say that there is a rare genetic disease that causes a person to not feel pain.
Yes, and people with these pain insensitivity disorders often don't live long because of their inability to be alerted to things that cause harm to them, which also answers OP's question, I guess.

Another interesting fact: scientists have potentially isolated mutations that make one incapable of experiencing any pain—even the psychological kind—though unlike with most pain insensitivity disorders, those affected are still physically aware of the pain—they just don't experience it as a negative thing. There's also an initiative to investigate how this knowledge could be used to create farm animals that don't suffer (and how it could one day be applied to humans too).

Reactions: yellowjester and Agon321
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Pain is meant to alert us to danger, potentially lethal. But that function can glitch the fuck out. After all the only thing that matters in nature, which is the context that humans evolved in, is that enough of a population's number live to reproduce to sustain itself. In that sense the trials and tribulations of the individual are completely irrelevant.

Ain't life grand!

yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Yes, and people with these pain insensitivity disorders often don't live long because of their inability to be alerted to things that cause harm to them,
Nature is so fucking weird. Pain feels like being pulled into another dimension by Satan himself, yet there's a tiny little molecule that can make you completely immune to the sensation.

Not something I'd wish for though. The constant anxiiety that I might be suffering bodily injury without my knowledge would rob me of the peace that would make such a state so desirable in the firsr place.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Actually, the purpose of pain is letting you know something is wrong. Periods shouldn't be painful beyond a mild discomfort. I'd say you should see a doctor, but given my experience with such creatutes, you're probably better served spending the money in a new pair of shoes... But yes, women's pain is often ignored, especially period pain, so we're often lead to think it's normal. It's not.
Sometimes the reason however can be hard to determine. I used to have horrible periods too when I was young. I was skinny, borderline clinically underweight (no, I didn't have an eating disorder). But then the years went by and I began putting on some weight, and lo and behold... My periods became clockwork regular and came with little pain. We ladies do need a decent amount of fat to work properly. Not suggesting your case is like mine, just that there's definitely an underlying issue to your pain.

Please, please, please, don't buy into that bs! It has absolutely no relation! I was told that too when I was young... Bs! Bs! Bs! Please seek a good, preferably female, gynecologist. You don't have to suffer like that or buy into old wives theories that have absolutely no fundament.
When I'm underweight, I stop having periods altogether. I'm a normal weight now but on the skinny side

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i won't argue what hurts more. i'm sorry you have pains. everything seems to hurt these days

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Bro just un period yourself. If you think it enough it'll come true. Stop being such a debby downer!

In all seriousness my partner had this and had to go to the doctor. As someone else mentioned it isn't normal so best get it checked out.

• Yay!
A

Artemisia

Experienced
May 24, 2024
When I'm underweight, I stop having periods altogether. I'm a normal weight now but on the skinny side
That's natural and expected. A female body with little fat cannot safely carry a pregnancy, so our bodies have hormonal mechanisms that prevent it from happening. It also happens to high level female athletes, even if they have a normal weight, it mostly comes from muscle and not fat, so the hormonal cycles are disrupted and they usually either have very spaced and irregular periods or stop having them at all.
Now, for anyone reading this, don't go thinking the more fat the better. That's not how it works! A normal, average weight is always the best.