Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Going back to school or working doesnt sound appealing and neither does sitting at home. I've had friends before, but as Ive gotten older, I've found that I don't like people much. As people age, they aren't fun to be around anymore and they're more difficult. It seems the "good days" are all in the past. Finding the strength to fall off a bridge is the hard part now. How do I find this strength??

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep, Walilamdzii and 2 others
P

Prime0

May 16, 2023
There is simply no point, I've been looking for it as well but didn't find yet.
No one really manages to give a good reason to keep living.

Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, Ambivalent1 and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
There is simply no point, I've been looking for it as well but didn't find yet.
No one really manages to give a good reason to keep living.
Even going outside is pointless. What am I supposed to do out there? Go to some store? Eat junk fast food? Watch a shit movie? Drive aimlessly through ugly, maze-like cities? This world isn't good enough. I wonder how many others are disappointed at the options available.

• Love
Reactions: myusername890, callen, sserafim and 6 others
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
I agree with you. I am past the age where I would be surrounded with people with similar life experiences at this point, if I went back to study. In most places in life people don't have similar experience to me, because I've been deeply traumatised by the psychiatric system. They would say I'm suicidal because of my biology, but actually, it's the other way round... chicken and egg... but experiencing inpatient psychiatric treatment was the nail in the coffin for me. I have extreme trust issues following how my "friends" treated me and I just can't be bothered forming relationships anymore.

I feel frankly angry when non-depressed people tell me "oh just do this and then you'll have more energy"..
Even going outside is pointless. What am I supposed to do out there? Go to some store? Eat junk fast food? Watch a shit movie? Drive aimlessly through ugly, maze-like cities? This world isn't good enough. I wonder how many others are disappointed at the options available.

Hahahaha are you me? I was thinking the exact same thing... we content ourselves with what..? Going and sitting in a different room and having a coffee? Then going back and forth and back and forth in some pointless activity. No thanks.

Reactions: callen, Prime0, Hollowman and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I agree with you. I am past the age where I would be surrounded with people with similar life experiences at this point, if I went back to study. In most places in life people don't have similar experience to me, because I've been deeply traumatised by the psychiatric system. They would say I'm suicidal because of my biology, but actually, it's the other way round... chicken and egg... but experiencing inpatient psychiatric treatment was the nail in the coffin for me. I have extreme trust issues following how my "friends" treated me and I just can't be bothered forming relationships anymore.

I feel frankly angry when non-depressed people tell me "oh just do this and then you'll have more energy"..

Hahahaha are you me? I was thinking the exact same thing... we content ourselves with what..? Going and sitting in a different room and having a coffee? Then going back and forth and back and forth in some pointless activity. No thanks.
I think most people aren't really alive or they're operating on a level that's barely human. How else could they be satisfied with the modern world? Most people lack depth. Also, I've learned that enduring a lot of suffering sets you apart. How am I supposed to relate to others or enjoy normal activities after all the trauma I've been through?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: myusername890, sserafim, Prime0 and 4 others
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
I think most people aren't really alive or they're operating on a level that's barely human. How else could they be satisfied with the modern world? Most people lack depth. Also, I've learned that enduring a lot of suffering sets you apart. How am I supposed to relate to others or enjoy normal activities after all the trauma I've been through?
I think that it's funny that people have invented all these terms to pathologise the state of not being content with the shittiness of the modern world... like for instance saying that depression is a malfunction of chemicals in the brain rather than just a natural reaction to the world. Why would anyone enjoy this? How about we pathologise everyone who is happily trotting around and lock them up in wards for being delusional?

Reactions: sserafim, Prime0, foreverfalling and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think this question must be asked to "SI".

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
I think that it's funny that people have invented all these terms to pathologise the state of not being content with the shittiness of the modern world... like for instance saying that depression is a malfunction of chemicals in the brain rather than just a natural reaction to the world. Why would anyone enjoy this? How about we pathologise everyone who is happily trotting around and lock them up in wards for being delusional?
Your comment is just brilliant it was what was on my tongue! Totally agree with you. It surprises me so much that some people live much shitter than me, but it doesn't seem to make them sad. Their life looks as inadequate as laughter at the funeral of a loved one. At the same time, these people reproach us depressed people for not being masochists and not able to enjoy some pathetic shit

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, sserafim, Ambivalent1 and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Your comment is just brilliant it was what was on my tongue! Totally agree with you. It surprises me so much that some people live much shitter than me, but it doesn't seem to make them sad. Their life looks as inadequate as laughter at the funeral of a loved one. At the same time, these people reproach us depressed people for not being masochists.
Most lives are not enviable. The conditions people willingly tolerate and excuse by saying "that's just life." is pathetic.

Reactions: sserafim, Walilamdzii, HoleintheDark and 2 others
waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
Going back to school or working doesnt sound appealing and neither does sitting at home. I've had friends before, but as Ive gotten older, I've found that I don't like people much. As people age, they aren't fun to be around anymore and they're more difficult. It seems the "good days" are all in the past. Finding the strength to fall off a bridge is the hard part now. How do I find this strength??
you worded this well, school was tiring so i dropped out, i've had a job for a year now, but as of typing this; i've been out for a month. i hate my job, being around people that are assholes, it's tiring. i feel useless if i sit at home and do nothing, i don't enjoy anything anymore:( i agree through time it seems a lot of people have changed, some may being those ur closest to:(

Reactions: Orbitc and Ambivalent1
feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
I couldn't agree more, that's why I'm thinking no matter how good life gets I'll ctb eventually one day. After a certain age we start getting weaker every day untill we die, it's so depressing. Ctb seems like the only rational solution given the circumstances.

Reactions: Orbitc, sserafim and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
you worded this well, school was tiring so i dropped out, i've had a job for a year now, but as of typing this; i've been out for a month. i hate my job, being around people that are assholes, it's tiring. i feel useless if i sit at home and do nothing, i don't enjoy anything anymore:( i agree through time it seems a lot of people have changed, some may being those ur closest to:(
Similar experiences. :(
I couldn't agree more, that's why I'm thinking no matter how good life gets I'll ctb eventually one day. After a certain age we start getting weaker every day untill we die, it's so depressing. Ctb seems like the only rational solution given the circumstances.
I was thinking middle age is a good ending point.

• Hugs
Reactions: waRmblanket
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I was thinking middle age is a good ending point.
I would say I'm "middle aged" but I don't feel getting weaker in any way in that age range yet. (physically and health)

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I would say I'm "middle aged" but I don't feel getting weaker in any way in that age range yet. (physically and health)
When you look in the mirror, does the aging face looking back not depress you? My facial hair is already turning white.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could never see one, I'm only trapped here as it isn't straightforward to free myself from all the suffering, I'm just waiting around, destined to decay until somehow everything is forgotten about in death. My existence is so incredibly futile and meaningless, it's an unnecessary burden, I just think that existence itself was such a tragic mistake in the first place.

There should just be nothingness instead, it's something so hellish having the ability to suffer endlessly here. But I certainly see existing as being something so undesirable in every single way, existence itself is the true problem.

Reactions: myusername890, sserafim and Ambivalent1
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- I have to agree with you. Life is SO very difficult with no drive. Even if you hate some things but enjoy others, you can MAYBE try and bribe yourself through the stuff you don't like with the reward of doing something you enjoy afterwards. Gets kind of complicated when everything feels like a chore!

Reactions: myusername890, sserafim, Orbitc and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
How come? No regrets from your long lost youth?
I still feel young!! Really! my personal problem is I can't generate the financial means to live the life I want to live in my age now to live my life! That's my personal problem. Call me "capitalist" or what ever ... this kills me because it's the essential fuel in our society (whether this is good or bad that's a different topic!) not my age!

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I still feel young!! Really! my personal problem is I can't generate the financial means to live the life I want to live in my age now to live my life! That's my personal problem. Call me "capitalist" or what ever ... this kills me because it#s the essentiual fuel in our society (whether this is good or bad that's a different topic!) not my age!
Yeah I'm in a similar situation. I can attract women but I'm broke so nothing ever goes anywhere. Cruel sick joke this all is

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Yeah I'm in a similar situation. I can attract women but I'm broke so nothing ever goes anywhere. Cruel sick joke this all is
All our personal problems are legit!

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There is no point. People may say otherwise but they have yet to give an adequate reason