N

nostalgia addict

Jul 23, 2023
What I mean is that I put so much into life just to get hit with severe tinnitus in one day and living a nightmare since that's full of rotting on tinnitus forums etc, and now that I tried to live life for one single day going outside on my birthday I got COVID badly and my tinnitus has been even worse since and I may develop long covid (very fatigued since). Rather than this being a vent/rant I'm genuinely curious what the point of building up a life is when it can all go to hell in literally one second and nothing you built up will matter anymore and it happens to so many people

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, ASBA999, Immensevoid and 3 others
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
Same thing happened to me. I lost everything. Things I didn't even know I could lose, I lost.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, ASBA999 and Homo erectus
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Pain happens when you lose everything but your life, there's no point to these lives when it can be gone at any moment

Reactions: thewalkingdread
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry for your circumstances. I guess it's because life is a complete crapshoot. You may not have got tinnitus or covid. It's just luck- or rather- bad luck a lot of the time.

I guess we try to give ourselves the best chances in life we can. That often does include working hard to learn something. Working hard on maintaining relationships. Keeping fit. All that. If we didn't even bother with all that- our life would take a different route. Maybe it would turn out better but, maybe not.

I think most people pursue things and work hard because they have ambition. If you have ambition to become a surgeon or a musician or a pilot- you might not feel too happy quiting your education to work in a shop. Not that there's anything wrong with working in a shop but- if you don't want to be there, it can feel like hell. So- we do our best to achieve the things that feel important to us.

I can sympathise though. I have more sympathy for you than me. My failure isn't due to ill health. Still, I worked hard and made sacrifices in life too. I gave everything to my creative job but- my job isn't financially stable. I commited all that time and spent all that money and really- I'm quite probably in a worse place trying to get a wage slave job now than a school leaver. Sometimes, it does make me wonder if it was all worth it but honestly- if I hadn't even tried, I'd likely be just as unhappy now. We have to try to find out I think.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
ASBA999

ASBA999

Dec 7, 2023
I've lost everything. Overcame multiple addictions and traumas, got the dream girl, dream car, dream house 'only to get uncurable multiple chronic illnesses at age 36.

Been living in this hell for 4 years now. My girlfriend of 20 years left me 4 months ago, I can barely look after myself now. I've lost everything just like that. Life is fucking cruel.
Same thing happened to me. I lost everything. Things I didn't even know I could lose, I lost.
How did u lose it all?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: thewalkingdread, Reuthry and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally could never see a point to existing, I know that I'd certainly always prefer to not exist no matter what as it's something so harmful to exist as a human who is capable of suffering endlessly in this reality where chance so senselessly determines everything. It disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one be tormented as long as they are enslaved in the decaying flesh prison that is the human body. Existence itself is something very horrifying to me and so incredibly cruel, it's certainly such a hellish existence where existing beings suffer so much all through no fault of their own.

Reactions: thewalkingdread and ctbcat