Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I realized that things only matter as you do them, not in retrospect. Chasing after more things to do that will soon fade away after the fact seems ridiculous.

• Love
Reactions: epic
unplug

unplug

Vapor Self
Apr 11, 2023
Strange, I had this same thought today. All I am now is a dopamine monkey.

Reactions: 52yoandmiserable and Ambivalent1
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Death, death to me sems to be a good response to any life situation.

Reactions: Hollowman and unplug

52yoandmiserable

Apr 19, 2023
That is going to be my tag line! Best response ever. Actually made me smile

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Mortalist

Mortalist

Apr 19, 2023
Things still do matter. Otherwise, why register to this site?
No telling when life ends, not even improtant how. But making the time as meaningful until then seems like a good idea, even if it is short lived.
Die good, not bored :)

Reactions: bittersweethings and kansatsu
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
That is going to be my tag line! Best response ever. Actually made me smile
I inspired someone :smiling:
Things still do matter. Otherwise, why register to this site?
No telling when life ends, not even improtant how. But making the time as meaningful until then seems like a good idea, even if it is short lived.
Die good, not bored :)
The boredom is all consuming...

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
The next step is continuing the agonizing journey of find a peaceful method whilst trying not to suicide impulsively.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
The next step is continuing the agonizing journey of find a peaceful method whilst trying not to suicide impulsively.
Why are we relative few so enlightened compared to the rest of humanity who live even though their lives suck?

D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
Maybe denying that nothing matters and is a waste of time?

D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
How can I deny the truth?
Believe in a lie? "This matters to me." "That time was well spent."

I hope you don't think believing in a lie is impossible. You prolly believe in no less than 50 right now. No offense. I wouldn't say anyone doesn't.

Just trying to answer the question. Alt answers are maybe CTB, LDAR, or just ignore it/there is no necessary next step?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Believe in a lie? "This matters to me." "That time was well spent."

I hope you don't think believing in a lie is impossible. You prolly believe in no less than 50 right now. No offense. I wouldn't say anyone doesn't.

Just trying to answer the question. Alt answers are maybe CTB, LDAR, or just ignore it/there is no necessary next step?
What are example lies I probably believe in?
Ignore it and become an Absurdist like Camus?

D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
What are example lies I probably believe in?
Well I don't know you for sure but, for example, if you believe in personal property, for every object you 'own' you probably believe in the lie that you own it. That's probably a few. Same for public property. Idk man just think about anything you believe about something where the belief is not essential to the thing. 99.9% of the time that belief is gonna be no more than a lie. "That movie was about X." "That flower is really beautiful." "I'm gay."
Ignore it and become an Absurdist like Camus?
I guess? I'm rlly uneducated tbh idk about what Camus is all about.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Well I don't know you for sure but, for example, if you believe in personal property, for every object you 'own' you probably believe in the lie that you own it. That's probably a few. Same for public property. Idk man just think about anything you believe about something where the belief is not essential to the thing. 99.9% of the time that belief is gonna be no more than a lie. "That movie was about X." "That flower is really beautiful." "I'm gay."

I guess? I'm rlly uneducated tbh idk about what Camus is all about.
I don't own my belongings?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
"Your" room? How can a room be yours? Because it has "your" stuff in it? That's just a circle of lies.
My room because i pay for it. When I move, my stuff comes too.

D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Why are we relative few so enlightened compared to the rest of humanity who live even though their lives suck?
Short memory and low depth of awareness is humanity's inherent behavior that keeps it trapped. Believing in lies rather than being curious and going beyond illusion of comfort protects it from existential threat.

D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
My room because i pay for it. When I move, my stuff comes too.
What about your paying has anything to do with the actual room you live in? You just pay for someone else's permission to be in there. You can say it is your room in the descriptive sense that you live in there but, if you want to understand why I am saying it's lies, you have to ask yourself what does that have to do with the room itself and in what sense do you think of it as 'yours'. Who knows, maybe you are completely enlightened on this topic. IDK you. Doesn't sound like it though.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Short memory and low depth of awareness is humanity's inherent behavior that keeps it trapped. Believing in lies rather than being curious and going beyond illusion of comfort protects it from existential threat.
So those of us here have good memories and high awareness?
What about your paying has anything to do with the actual room you live in? You just pay for someone else's permission to be in there. You can say it is your room in the descriptive sense that you live in there but, if you want to understand why I am saying it's lies, you have to ask yourself what does that have to do with the room itself and in what sense do you think of it as 'yours'. Who knows, maybe you are completely enlightened on this topic. IDK you. Doesn't sound like it though.
Forget the room. It can be viewed as a temporary storage unit that holds my stuff. But how are my things not mine?

D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
So those of us here have good memories and high awareness?
Higher awareness in a philosophical sense than of average normies living on autopilot seeking pleasure without noticing and questioning things that don't directly affect them. Those who have been on the positive and opposite spectrum are aware of more complete picture of this existence than the former and if they had to socialize there would be difficulties in getting each other's convictions.

About short memory I don't know you but personally I don't have short memory when it comes to remembering negativity that was done to me. For other things I probably have short memory because I still make mistakes.

I was referring more to entire humanity and how its short memory keeps it lagging behind. Things seem to be going 2 steps forward and 2 steps back repeating. We are ahead in technology but we are not ready to embrace it and deal with its consequences because in terms of intelligence we are so behind. Conflicting and waging wars with each other and generations later forgetting about the suffering we caused and learning from it.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm very much aware that existence is completely unnecessary, worthless and futile, the way I see it existence could never be worth enduring. Of course to me the logical option would be to wish to take control over my inevitable fate and finally cease existing, but sadly it's not that straightforward to do such a thing. But anyway all that existing is just waiting around to die, there is no purpose to existing other than it being an unfortunate consequence of evolution.

Last edited:
D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
Forget the room. It can be viewed as a temporary storage unit that holds my stuff. But how are my things not mine?
Suppose you left an object you consider one of 'your' belongings on a park bench. Some random stranger walks up and sees it. How could they ever know that it belongs to you? Or even anybody at all. The object itself contains no information indicating it is 'yours'. Your ownership of it is just a story you tell yourself.

Suppose the stranger picks it up and calls it his own. Who owns it now? Maybe you still consider it yours and want it back. Maybe you never think about it again. Does that matter at all to the object or the stranger who now thinks it belongs to him? The object is indifferent to all of this. The stranger's ownership of the object is just a story he tells himself. It's just lies.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I have a hard time placing intrinsic value on anything other than sentience/sensation although whether negative or positive is a different question. I think we can certainly place instrumental value on inherently valueless things but obviously a coin collection doesn't mean much without someone who loves collecting coins. That's my current take anyway.

Although there are some philosophies on the meaning/value of things that I will never agree with, I wouldn't say I have an absolute hill that I'd die on it that regard currently.

D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
@Deo volente I expended physical energy and time to earn get X. I paid the price to own X. As long as it is mine and has not been taken from me I own it. It's not what outside of my control that counts. It's the present moment.