• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
This feels like a shower thought more than anything (Midnight by the time I'm writing this) but I'm curious.

When I think about life I feel like "what's worth in it?" and feel the disinterest towards life that built inside of me over the last 3+ years for reasons I didn't question a lot yet but (Not a vent post btw). What's the goal of life? (Not to be confused with the meaning of life)

Like, do we just live to have friends, share experiences, work, get engaged, have sex, make a family and work till we die? Is that what it means to live? To forge mutual relationships until we kick the bucket?

Might as well include my other theory of one just wanting to "feel self-fulfilled and realised via a career of any kind".

What do you personally think are the achievement goals of humans, the things we live to seek to get/achieve?

Reactions: twin size mattress, Anhaedra, acey and 6 others
sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
main goal is probably to work, retire and die

everything else seems to be less important

bc yea, we kind of are forced to work a majority of our lives

don't wanna go in a full depressive mode but that's how i see it

Reactions: twin size mattress, Andrew10, the_path_of_sorrows and 6 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Biologically speaking its just to reproduce

Reactions: twin size mattress, SoulWhisperer, Andrew10 and 4 others
B

Blooper

Jul 23, 2024
We're working to die, so choosing to prematurely speed up the end result doesn't seem so bad. I hate work and I hate living.

Reactions: twin size mattress, SoulWhisperer, the_path_of_sorrows and 4 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
The main goal is to chase fantasies that never happen and avoid suffering that happens anyway.

Reactions: Andrew10, the_path_of_sorrows, GoatHerder and 5 others
sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
We're working to die, so choosing to prematurely speed up the end result doesn't seem so bad. I hate work and I hate living.
sad thing about it is that the retirement age seems to go up every year or so

obv not literally but where i live it has gone up by 2-3 years afaik

Themogger

Themogger

Psuedo Genius
Jul 23, 2024
It's a blank page test. There are no right answers. The way people"live" thousands of years ago can't be compared with now. If you agree to live in a society, you follow it's rules and make that your life. Doesn't mean it's the standard for the whole species

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, esalucolom-wojaqter, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
There was no goal to life, we were just an improbable possibility that now are stuck with the consequences of it succeeding... It's genuinely weird to think that life as we know somehow formed from a bunch of particles with 0 thought.

Reactions: SoulWhisperer, Andrew10, GoatHerder and 1 other person
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024

Before "civilization" there was life without them goals. When did the goal change? Who got to decide where the goal is now? Is anyone even keeping score of the goals in this game were playing?

Reactions: SoulWhisperer, Andrew10, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
Before "civilization" there was life without them goals. When did the goal change? Who got to decide where the goal is now? Is anyone even keeping score of the goals in this game were playing?
humans have always had to work in some kind of way; whether it was official, or not

even when we're not working at a company for example, we've still got to work once we get home to main ourselves and the surrounding area

so to make it even more depressing, we're pretty much always working

to get in it even deeper, our brain works most of the time, or well, probably all the time

if you think about it, the word 'work' can't be missed and is a huge part of our lives

unless you're braindead but that's another story

gotta love overthinking things

anyway to get back on topic, the world has evolved and people want to keep evolving it

we're a part of that evolvement

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim and divinemistress36
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
humans have always had to work in some kind of way; whether it was official, or not

even when we're not working at a company for example, we've still got to work once we get home to main ourselves and the surrounding area
What about children, what's their goal? Is their life meaningless until they're able to work? 🤔🤷🏻

Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
To experience, grow a soul and GTFO of samsara

Reactions: tary, divinemistress36 and Hotsackage
Randy Savage

Randy Savage

“Macho Man”
Jul 23, 2024
It depends on your views. If you're an optimist, you might say that we're on this Earth in order to share our love and energy with other beings to make their lives better before we die. If you're religious, you might say we're here to spread the word of God and help people overcome their sins. If you're a nihilist, you might say the point of life is that we're here to reproduce and then die, like any other creature, so life is what you make of it.

Personally, I think that each person is here for a different reason, and not every person's reason is realized. You have to discover exactly what it was you were put here to do in your own experiences, and some people's life's are cut short. Those people never know what their purpose was going to be, and for all intents and purposes, could have not had a goal at all. Some people's lives are altered in such a way that there goal is also changed, and that's fine too.

My reason to exist is to experience curiosity, compassion for others, and hedonism. I would guess most people's reasons are to be their for family members or to experience new things.

Reactions: SoulWhisperer, tangerine_dream and divinemistress36
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
This feels like a shower thought more than anything (Midnight by the time I'm writing this) but I'm curious.

When I think about life I feel like "what's worth in it?" and feel the disinterest towards life that built inside of me over the last 3+ years for reasons I didn't question a lot yet but (Not a vent post btw). What's the goal of life? (Not to be confused with the meaning of life)

Like, do we just live to have friends, share experiences, work, get engaged, have sex, make a family and work till we die? Is that what it means to live? To forge mutual relationships until we kick the bucket?

Might as well include my other theory of one just wanting to "feel self-fulfilled and realised via a career of any kind".

What do you personally think are the achievement goals of humans, the things we live to seek to get/achieve?
Biologically- Survive, reproduce.

In general- there isn't one, up to individual choice. Some people want to be in the Olympics, others just want sex, etc. For most of my life the goal was "do what society/my family says and also things that I enjoy". Now that the supply of things I enjoy has dwindled it's "do what society/my family says until I can CTB".

Reactions: SoulWhisperer, GoatHerder and divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The goal of life surely has to be attached to the idea of meaning. One person's goal won't be another's. A football player may believe that their purpose on this earth is to become as good as they can be. Someone who isn't a football fan could consider that a complete waste of time. Someone who desperately wants a family may feel like their goal is to be an outstanding parent. An antinatilist may think they've committed a terrible act. It's surely going to be reliant on what an individual believes to be important.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and GoatHerder
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There is no objective goal. It's no use to think about something that doesn't exist and won't ever exist. Also, having a goal doesn't mean that it's worth to achieve. What is important to think about is what we spend most of our lives actually doing. For the majority of people, we spend our lives wage slaving and being miserable. Is this a life that you want to live? Personally, I don't want to live the life of a normie even if they did have an objective goal.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim, GoatHerder and 1 other person
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Maybe to enjoy things, be happy, have things to look forward to, and not hurt others (help them if you can). I'd stay if I could find a way to do any of that. But I never have and time is running out now.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoatHerder
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
evolution as a direction to more and more complex machines humans are now the driving force behind evolution via technology this is a million times faster than random genetic mutation found in the natural world, life as a goal to survive expect to see machines with super intelligence that can do anything humans can do and more so like perfect memory imagine being able to read a book and remember it word for word just one of the things on the table

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, Hotsackage and GoatHerder
VeryShy

VeryShy

High IQ disabled autist and schizophrenic
Jun 21, 2024
As somebody said, the main goal in life is simply to be as happy as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, tangerine_dream, GoatHerder and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
None for me, my existence is just pointless suffering until I die anyway. I see existence as the exact opposite of meaningful, the existence of life is a terrible tragedy to me and I see it as a futile and torturous burden to exist. More than anything I wish I never existed at all, I could never see any value to being enslaved in this existence where there is endless potential for torment and harm.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, alltoomuch2, GoatHerder and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no goal at least not the goals they say are so important. A goal has to be meaningful.

There is no meaning to anything they tell us is so important , valuable, good , or enjoyable .

There is no meaning to life to anything.

Nothing matters. What will matter In 200 years ? In 10,000 years? In a trillion years? Nothing . This hell torture prison called earth won't even be a memory in a trillion years. This insignificant piece of dust in the immense black void

The only thing that matters is avoiding extreme pain or extreme suffering.

To me my goal is suicide asap to get out of this prison , undo the imposition, and to prevent any extreme pain or extreme suffering and for more reasons

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, alltoomuch2 and GoatHerder
JaegerCA

JaegerCA

Fk the Marine Corps
Jul 14, 2024
I thought doing something interesting in life would make it worth it, but radio frequencies are about as interesting as any warehouse job to me. One way or the other, I'm doing something absurd for no clear reason, except money. Even then autism makes that shit 10x worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and alltoomuch2
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
I thought doing something interesting in life would make it worth it, but radio frequencies are about as interesting as any warehouse job to me. One way or the other, I'm doing something absurd for no clear reason, except money. Even then autism makes that shit 10x worse.
That gets me thinking. I wonder if a lot of us on the spectrum are so straightforward and logical we can see life and existence as it really is. Meaningless.

Reactions: divinemistress36
M

malevolentdiety

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Survival and multiplication

Reactions: divinemistress36
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
There was no goal to life, we were just an improbable possibility that now are stuck with the consequences of it succeeding... It's genuinely weird to think that life as we know somehow formed from a bunch of particles with 0 thought.
I've never thought about it, mostly overlooked but now that I think of it yeah it's actually weird to think about deeply-
What if we all just stopped. 👁️👄👁️ One day for absolutely no reason
Slow and inevitable mass extinction!
It depends on your views. If you're an optimist, you might say that we're on this Earth in order to share our love and energy with other beings to make their lives better before we die. If you're religious, you might say we're here to spread the word of God and help people overcome their sins. If you're a nihilist, you might say the point of life is that we're here to reproduce and then die, like any other creature, so life is what you make of it.

Personally, I think that each person is here for a different reason, and not every person's reason is realized. You have to discover exactly what it was you were put here to do in your own experiences, and some people's life's are cut short. Those people never know what their purpose was going to be, and for all intents and purposes, could have not had a goal at all. Some people's lives are altered in such a way that there goal is also changed, and that's fine too.

My reason to exist is to experience curiosity, compassion for others, and hedonism. I would guess most people's reasons are to be their for family members or to experience new things.
That's a solid response, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Themogger